Jump to content

Katy Perry Woman’s World Feat. Madonna?


Ayham
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, bstranger said:

So, Katy Perry is a one hit wonder???? Wow! That's a new information for me :lol: I also thought Carlifornia Gurls, Roar, Firework, Teenage Dream, Wide Awake, I kissed a Girl, ET, Last Friday Night, The One that Got Away, Part of Me, Dark Horse, Chained to the Rhytm and some other songs were massive hits. My bad!!! :tongue:

Not to mention she was the FIRST artist since MJ to have FIVE consecutive #1s from a single album and the one single that didnt make it to #1 went up to #2. The only reason why she stopped having hits was because there was a smear campaign calling her racist and homophobic 🙄 then in Australia they got pissed that she jokingly told her dog NUGGET to go catch a koala. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alpha said:

Not to mention she was the FIRST artist since MJ to have FIVE consecutive #1s from a single album and the one single that didnt make it to #1 went up to #2. The only reason why she stopped having hits was because there was a smear campaign calling her racist and homophobic 🙄 then in Australia they got pissed that she jokingly told her dog NUGGET to go catch a koala. 

Really? I never heard this. 

Anyway, I've followed her long enough to know she's a really a sweet gal!  Her music can be a bit cheesy, but it's always fun and infectious.  At the end of the day, she's fun and she seems to be supportive to a lot of people trying to make in the business. Not only that, she loves Madonna.  It's not something I expect from an artist I enjoy, but it's definitely another reason to love her because she isn't out to be nasty or hateful of other artists. She's always been pretty respectful and the many years I've seen her on American Idol, she has been supportive to some really good vocalists.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Donna said:

Really? I never heard this. 

Anyway, I've followed her long enough to know she's a really a sweet gal!  Her music can be a bit cheesy, but it's always fun and infectious.  At the end of the day, she's fun and she seems to be supportive to a lot of people trying to make in the business. Not only that, she loves Madonna.  It's not something I expect from an artist I enjoy, but it's definitely another reason to love her because she isn't out to be nasty or hateful of other artists. She's always been pretty respectful and the many years I've seen her on American Idol, she has been supportive to some really good vocalists.

Yeah, the only thing i will say about her is that she doesn't really defend herself. Idk if you were aware when the whole Kesha/Dr Luke thing happened that text leaked between Kesha and Gaga where they were bitching about Katy saying she was a horrible person because she wasnt speaking out defending her. Then when she endorsed Hillary, the Trumpers came after her then she got that lesbian haircut and then she made a comment about shaving her head and the crazy Britney fans went after her and she just was attacked on all sides and she just kinda took it all and appeared weak IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah, the only thing i will say about her is that she doesn't really defend herself. Idk if you were aware when the whole Kesha/Dr Luke thing happened that text leaked between Kesha and Gaga where they were bitching about Katy saying she was a horrible person because she wasnt speaking out defending her. Then when she endorsed Hillary, the Trumpers came after her then she got that lesbian haircut and then she made a comment about shaving her head and the crazy Britney fans went after her and she just was attacked on all sides and she just kinda took it all and appeared weak IMO. 

I can't say I agree. I've seen her enough where she does speak out defending herself and others. But like with many, she picks her battles depending on what she knows. While I loved her earlier albums, I really had a new respect for her during the release of WITNESS. She did a week long 24/7 live stream and she shared so much about herself that it's hard to think she ever means anyone harm.  I believe she always means the best.  She may not make all the right choices and some of. her songs might be a bit cheesy, but she definitely doesn't hold back when it comes to what is right or wrong.  I think we have to keep in mind that sometimes certain artists do not divulge such personal info about others or they may know more to the story that that media is willing to share.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Not to mention she was the FIRST artist since MJ to have FIVE consecutive #1s from a single album and the one single that didnt make it to #1 went up to #2. The only reason why she stopped having hits was because there was a smear campaign calling her racist and homophobic 🙄 then in Australia they got pissed that she jokingly told her dog NUGGET to go catch a koala. 

Nah, I've never heard about any of this. The reason why she stopped having hits is that she stopped releasing exciting music. She didn't really change her image between albums and it got old fast. Also her style of 2010s pop is not popular anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Not to mention she was the FIRST artist since MJ to have FIVE consecutive #1s from a single album and the one single that didnt make it to #1 went up to #2. The only reason why she stopped having hits was because there was a smear campaign calling her racist and homophobic 🙄 then in Australia they got pissed that she jokingly told her dog NUGGET to go catch a koala

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Katy Perry. No she isn't a one hit wonder but her last album was a huge flop. And the album before that didn't do too well either. I do hope she has a big comeback though. It would be nice to see someone with a personality kick out the wallflower Regina George in Sheep's clothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Nah, I've never heard about any of this. The reason why she stopped having hits is that she stopped releasing exciting music. She didn't really change her image between albums and it got old fast. Also her style of 2010s pop is not popular anymore.

Just because YOU haven't heard it doesnt mean it didnt happen. Even Octavia Spender had to make a statement saying Katy wasnt racist 🙄

Screenshot_20240612_002420_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Nah, I've never heard about any of this. The reason why she stopped having hits is that she stopped releasing exciting music. She didn't really change her image between albums and it got old fast. Also her style of 2010s pop is not popular anymore.

 

Screenshot_20240612_002638_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Nah, I've never heard about any of this. The reason why she stopped having hits is that she stopped releasing exciting music. She didn't really change her image between albums and it got old fast. Also her style of 2010s pop is not popular anymore.

 

Screenshot_20240612_002906_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Nah, I've never heard about any of this. The reason why she stopped having hits is that she stopped releasing exciting music. She didn't really change her image between albums and it got old fast. Also her style of 2010s pop is not popular anymore.

 

Screenshot_20240612_003034_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Nah, I've never heard about any of this. The reason why she stopped having hits is that she stopped releasing exciting music. She didn't really change her image between albums and it got old fast. Also her style of 2010s pop is not popular anymore.

And the cherry on top...the koala controversy. All in 2017 effecting Witness. So just because YOU are unaware of something doesnt mean it didnt happen. That's like those people who claim covid wasnt real because they didnt get it 🙄🙄🙄

Screenshot_20240612_003156_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I'll never understand why Katy Perry didn't release "Walking on air" as a single... It's beyond me. It could have been one of the biggest hit of her career. Anyone knows why she didn't release it ?

Pop climate was way different in 2013 towards classic 90s dance sounds. It wasn't mainstream yet, like it became later and now late 90s and Y2K is the norm really for every pop girl.

I guess the label didn't have faith in the song, so they just released it as a promo single. Her SNL performance was EVERYTHING:

Effortlessly cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The guy posting lame past controversies and the ignorance in some posts... Lemme ignore Chile. And lemme ignore a certain unstable user here as well... It's getting annoying...:coffee: anyways!

The album is definitely not called SEX :dead:they say the title is a code or a number with a secret meaning to her. I really hope the collab is real no insider has denied nor confirmed it even after recent leaks... Even a remix for a future single would be fantastic, i have still hope.

Dont believe that account, it only posts fans rumors and shit, according to them in the latest month Katy had released 3 comebacks already LMAO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Ayham said:

What are you talking about?!!! Are you serious? I saw this all over instagram so I thought why not sharing it. 

I appreciate that you did.  Not everyone is paying that close of attention to some of the fake sources, etc.  So I can see how easy it can be for anyone to mistakenly think some things might be true.  At the same time, it helps when other members point out the discrepancies.  In short, I know you weren't trying to purposely share misinformation/fake info. But now you know it's fake, so now we can laugh about it and move on.  :hug:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Ayham changed the title to Katy Perry Woman’s World Feat. Madonna?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use