What's your favorite Madonna "Girl" track?

Adonna

What's your favorite "Girl" track?   

108 members voted

1. 1. What's your favorite "Girl" track?

• Material Girl
    • Who's That Girl?
    • Bad Girl
    • Candy Perfume Girl
    • Mer Girl
    • What It Feels Like For A Girl?
    • Girl Gone Wild
    • Tragic Girl
    • Material GWORRLLLLLLLL!

2 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

I always thought it was drunk like six people. I dunno...

With my limited English skills, I thought she met up with six men who got her drunk (you know what for). I never interpreted it as being drunk by six (a.m. or p.m.).

♪ ♫ ♬ Bad Girl, Drunk by Six (men)  ♪ ♫ ♬

27 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

With my limited English skills, I thought she met up with six men who got her drunk (you know what for). I never interpreted it as being drunk by six (a.m. or p.m.).

♪ ♫ ♬ Bad Girl, Drunk by Six (men)  ♪ ♫ ♬

This brings back memories don’t ask me why 

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Surprising? Bad Girl might be unknown to non-fans, but it has been very loved by fans, especially for the video, since 1993.

if only we had a forum during that era .... so we could share our love for this era... but 1993.... hmm internet non existent..  felt so alone during that time

1 hour ago, gst6662000 said:

if only we had a forum during that era .... so we could share our love for this era... but 1993.... hmm internet non existent..  felt so alone during that time

I feel so old. Having studied computer science, I started browsing the internet in 1994. Downloading a photo could take hours... And there were forums, rudimentary ones, but they existed, like Usenet / newsgroups (alt.fan.madonna, rec.music.artists.madonna) but they were text-only. 

un_group.gif

Back then, only people in computer science were on the internet, and there were very few Madonna fans who were into computer science like me (so discussions about Madonna were more general and social, rather than specialized in her music, promos, etc., like they are among fans today). But I remember it with a certain fondness.

Fuck, I'm too old... :cryin2:

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I feel so old. Having studied computer science, I started browsing the internet in 1994. Downloading a photo could take hours... And there were forums, rudimentary ones, but they existed, like Usenet / newsgroups (alt.fan.madonna, rec.music.artists.madonna) but they were text-only. 

un_group.gif

Back then, only people in computer science were on the internet, and there were very few Madonna fans who were into computer science like me (so discussions about Madonna were more general and social, rather than specialized in her music, promos, etc., like they are among fans today). But I remember it with a certain fondness.

Omg!!!!! I was in high school in 1994....we were watching BETA then girlie show and laser disc blond ambition playing all over the malls

5 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

un_group.gif

1994!!! Crazyyyy!!! 😲

39 minutes ago, Ayham said:

1994!!! Crazyyyy!!! 😲

The prehistoric Internet was created in 1969 as a military project. And in 1989, it began to be more accessible not just to military institutions and universities, but to the general public (text only, without images). 

Unfortunately, in 1994, when I started using the Internet, it was the post-Erotica/Sex era, and the backlash and hate against Madonna were overwhelming.

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

The prehistoric Internet was created in 1969 as a military project. And in 1989, it began to be more accessible not just to military institutions and universities, but to the general public (text only, without images). 

Unfortunately, in 1994, when I started using the Internet, it was the post-Erotica/Sex era, and the backlash and hate against Madonna were overwhelming.

So that hate was massive? Like canceling her? 😢

9 minutes ago, Ayham said:

So that hate was massive? Like canceling her? 😢

I don't remember worse hate towards her than in those years, but fortunately, Madonna managed to control the situation until Evita/Ray of Light eras, and she regained respect again.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don't remember worse hate towards her than in those years, but fortunately, Madonna managed to control the situation until Evita/Ray of Light eras, and she regained respect again.

Exactly.  I think the closest she got to be cancelling is when she appeared on David Letterman in '94 saying the "F" word multiple times.  The media definitaly made a huge deal of it, but at the same time I think a lot of people wondered since David wasn't too offended, that it wasn't as big of a deal as the media wanted to make it. She really did rebound by the fall of '94 and TAKE A BOW was. huge in '95 in US.