MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

All I can say is I truly regret participating in this, and I'd like you to disqualify my votes. Thank you.

I'd like to apologize if anything that has been said has offended or hurt you. I can assure you that was not at all the intention, and I feel truly upset about it if that is so.

Please do accept my greatest and sincerest apologies, and come back and join the fun! We're all friends here! This is all just a friendly competition. Except for @@Dazedmadonna. He actually thinks American Life is going to win and it's not

I'd like to apologize if anything that has been said has offended or hurt you. I can assure you that was not at all the intention, and I feel truly upset about it if that is so.Please do accept my greatest and sincerest apologies, and come back and join the fun! We're all friends here! This is all just a friendly competition. Except for @@Dazedmadonna. He actually thinks American Life is going to win and it's not

First no bday wishes, then the lies since AL is gonna win 5ever.Y u hate me???

I'm not here for a day, then I come and see this massacre...Oh my God! I literally can't believe this whole round. No offense to the fans of ''Across The Sky'' (I agree that it should've been included on Hard Candy, maybe replacing Spanish Lesson  :Madonna004: ) but seriously, not even in outer space that song is better than the ones that ranked lower, but then I remember that the voting was based on the musical taste of each user (that voted, of course) so I can't really complain. I was really expecting that ''LAV'', ''NKM'', ''DYU'', ''PNFM'' and ''Swim'' were going to be at top 20, but well...that's life!

I can't really wait for the next round, let's see what other surprises are coming

Our first TOP 50 to go!!!

Two more albums get eliminated!

Let's jump on in!

Posted Image

#49 -- Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Average: 8.4

Highest: 10x8 (@MeantToBeIconic, @GHouse, @@rol1974, @@devilpray, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @@Dazedmadonna, and @@slave)

Lowest: 5x2 (@@NowRadiate and @@stefo)

I was super worried that this wouldn't make it to the Top 50 for a minute, and I had the results. Hard Candy's shining moment, honestly. This electro ballad is one of the best productions from 2008, and the lyrics are awesome. While the actual meaning of those lyrics is slightly confusing, it's easily the best thing to come from Hard Candy and I'm glad to see it made it.

Posted Image

#48 -- Impressive Instant

Highest: 11x1 (@@NowRadiate)

Lowest: 3x1 (@InfinityWithin)

Manipulated vocals done literally flawlessly. A great dance number from Music (that should've gotten that single release, btw) that has been underrated by everybody. Why didn't this get performed on S&S? The lyrics are quite ridiculous, but that's what makes it so... impressive. It's production is slick, and the vocals are modified, which is awesome. Missed opportunity for a hit.

Posted Image

#47 -- Sky Fits Heaven

Highest: 10x8 (@@rol1974, @@groovyguy, @InfinityWithin, @@NowRadiate, @@Re-InventionUK, @@devilpray, @unapologeticheart, @@stefo)

Lowest: 5x1 (@musicinferno)

I knew this track a was loved, but I never realized it was THAT loved. It's got great production, and it's lyrics are delightfully abstract. It's drums sounds great, and it's bridge is greatly ethereal. An excellent album cut from an exquisite album.

@@Dazedmadonna

Posted Image

#46 -- I Want You (with Massive Attack)

Average: 8.42

Highest: 11x1 (@@Dazedmadonna)

Lowest: 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x1 (@sidney78a)

How did this not get a single release? Oh, it's the best thing from Something to Remember without question. The quiet, subdued desire that burns along with the drums breathe this old classic a new life. Something fresh, never done before, and nothing else after. Sad to see it go. I think it deserved Top 20.

Posted Image

#45 -- Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Average: 8.42

Highest: 10x7 (@MeantToBeIconic, @@groovyguy, @@rol1974, @rebelheart93, @musicinferno, @voguemadonna, @@Re-InventionUK)

Lowest: 5x1 (@@slave)

The best one off Evita, tbh. Her voice is so smooth and the instrumentation is so nice. She did this song proud. You know, the usual Evita compliments.

Posted Image

#44 -- Addicted

Average: 8.45

Highest: 10x5 (@@slave, @MeantToBeIconic, @InfinityWithin, @@groovyguy, and @@rol1974)

Lowest: 6x2 (@Fighter and @alibaba)

This was the one that almost got away. The guitar buildup into the synth driven breakdown was everything I wanted from Madonna. Although the demo's execution was better, the album version is still undeniably spectacular, and I'm glad it made it this far and made it on the album.

Posted Image

#43 -- Masterpiece

Highest: 10x7 (@@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @InfinityWithin, @@rol1974, @musicinferno, @rebelheart93, and @@slave)

Lowest: 4x1 (@@NowRadiate)

How come Madonna didn't follow her true calling and become a folk singer? Acoustic does her well, and I'll repeat this until I or she dies. This song has bittersweet lyrics, and the best vocals on MDNA. A song that was definitely undervalued, I'm happy to see it nestled here at the top of the Top 50.

(oh Hard Candy and MDNA are both gone now)

Posted Image

#42 -- Easy Ride

Highest: 10x7 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@rol1974, @InfinityWithin, @@groovyguy, @@Re-InventionUK, @@devilpray, and @unapologeticheart)

Lowest: 6x3 (@@stefo, @musicinferno, and @ElectrickOrus98)

Mirwais knows how to end an album. I love me some glitch, and this delivers it in droves. The lyrics portray this sad scene when paired with the strings, but the beats flip the song 180. A fantastic way to close out an album, and this did way better than expected.

Posted Image

#41 -- HeartBreakCity

Average: 8.5

Highest: 10x6 (@@Dazedmadonna, @@groovyguy, @@rol1974, @@NowRadiate, @carlito76, and @@slave)

Lowest: 6x1 (@sidney78a)

What a great ballad. I'm so glad she got rid of the "shitty" line. Ruined the whole song for me. The humming in the second verse is such a beautiful detail, and the chorus is great. Minus a point for the pointless one-word title, but hey! I'm glad this made the cut.

@@devilpray

Posted Image

#40 -- Devil Pray

Average: 8.5

Highest: 10x9 (@GHouse, @@devilpray, @MeantToBeIconic, @@groovyguy, @unapologeticheart, @@Re-InventionUK, @@stefo, @@slave, @@rol1974)

Lowest: 2x1 (@@NowRadiate)

One of the highlights off Rebel Heart. The country pop throwback was a nice surprise, but even more surprising was the sick beat drop  we got. The guitar strums set up the darker song tone nicely, and the deep vocals in the drops are exquisite. Obviously widely loved for good reason, I'm slightly surprised this didn't place higher.

There's the first round of the Top 50! Discuss

This round wasn't too painful, ''Impressive Instant'' got the love it deserves, the same with ''Sky Fits Heaven'' and ''DCFMA''. Then again, we were unfair with a song: ''I Want You''. Can we start a petition at change.org to ban @@sidney78a? (just joking)

*edit*

@@MeantToBeIconic just asked us to make our dream top 10. Yikes! That's hard.

10. Time Stood Still

09. Get Together

08. Deeper And Deeper

07. Rescue Me

06. Live To Tell

05. Ray Of Light

04. Bedtime Story

03. Vogue

02. Hung Up

01. Drowned World/Substitute For Love (right where it belongs)

Here's my current top ten

• [*]Like a Prayer [*]Erotica [*]Secret [*]Rescue Me [*]Rain [*]Drowned World - Substitute For Love [*]Deeper and Deeper [*]The Power of Good-Bye [*]Promise to try [*]Living For Love

But I would dream something like this instead

• [*]Like a Prayer [*]I want you [*]Skin [*]Wash All Over Me (Avicii) [*]Secret [*]Swim [*]Rain [*]Waiting [*]Where life begins [*]Drowned World

[updated] Results recap so far:

Many THANKS to MeantToBeIconic for taking the time in compiling the results!!!

#40-#49 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=194407

40 -- Devil Pray [Rebel Heart]

41 – HeartBreakCity [Rebel Heart]

42 -- Easy Ride [American Life]

43 – Masterpiece [MDNA]

44 – Addicted [Rebel Heart]

45 -- Don't Cry For Me Argentina [Evita]

46 -- I Want You (with Massive Attack) [something to Remember]

47 -- Sky Fits Heaven [Ray of Light]

48 -- Impressive Instant [Music]

49 -- Devil Wouldn't Recognize You [Hard Candy]

#50-#59 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=193904

50 -- Across The Sky [Hard Candy Era]

51 -- Dress You Up [Like a Virgin]

52 -- Swim [Ray of Light]

53 -- Paradise (Not For Me) [Music]

54 -- Miles Away [Hard Candy]

55 -- Falling Free [MDNA]

56 -- Nobody Knows Me [American Life]

57 -- Gang Bang [MDNA]

58 -- Holiday [Madonna]

59 -- Like A Virgin [Like a Virgin]

Previous Results

#60-#109  http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=192611

#110-#139  http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=185872

#140-#199 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=179895

#200-#268 http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=164289

Album Tally

In Red = Eliminated

In Brown = 1 More track to Elimination

Track in Green = Remaining Tracks

4 Eliminated Albums: [17]Who’s That Girl; [16]Madonna; [15]Hard Candy; [14]MDNA

Album Rank / Album Title / # of Eliminated Tracks [% Eliminated] / Total Tracks / Eliminated Tracks

1. Like a Prayer6/11[55%]: Act of Contrition [239]; Love Song (with Prince)[ 214] / Dear Jessie[162]/ Till Death Do Us Part[115]/ Cherish[83]/ Keep It Together[68]/Like a Prayer[?]/Express Yourself[?]/Promise To Try[?]/Oh Father[?]/Spanish Eyes[?]

2. True Blue5/9[55.5%]: Love Makes the World Go Round[248] / Jimmy Jimmy[263] / True Blue[149] / White Heat[145]/ Where's The Party?[ 123]/Papa Don't Preach[?]/Open Your Heart[?]/Live To Tell[?]/La Isla Bonita[?]

3. Ray of Light9/14[64.3%]: Little Star[180] / Candy Perfume Girl[167] / Shanti/Ashtangi[168] / To Have and Not To Hold[153]/ Mer Girl[132]/ Has To Be[96]/ Skin[60]/ Swim[52]/ Sky Fits Heaven[47]/Drowned World - Substitute For Love[?]/Ray of Light[?]/Nothing Really Matters[?]/Frozen[?]/The Power of Good-Bye[?]

4. COADF10/15[67%]: Superpop[240] / Fighting Spirit[209] / History[155] / Push[147]/ Isaac[137]/ I Love New York[125]/ Like It Or Not[95]/How High[93]/ Future Lovers[69]/Forbidden Love[62]/Hung Up[?]/Get Together[?]/Sorry[?]/Let It Will Be[?]/Jump[?]

5. Erotica10/14[71%]: Did You Do It?[268] / In This Life[166/ Secret Garden[157] / Bye Bye Baby[152] / Fever[151] / Thief of Hearts[146]/ Words[127]/ Where Life Begins[111]/ Why's It So Hard?[ 103]/ Waiting[101]/Erotica[?]/Deeper and Deeper[?]/Bad Girl[?]/Rain[?]

6. Bedtime Stories8/11[72.7%]: Don't Stop[220] / Survival[174] / I'd Rather Be Your Lover[163]/ Forbidden Love[136]/ Love Tried To Welcome Me[131]/Inside of Me[130]/ Sanctuary[88]/ Human Nature[64]/Secret[?]/Bedtime Story[?]/Take A Bow[?]

7. Evita: 3/4[75%]: Another Suitcase in Another Hall[79]/Lament[71] /Don't Cry For Me Argentina[45]/You Must Love me[?]

8. American Life9/11[81%]: I'm So Stupid[134]/ Intervention[120]/ Hollywood[105] /American Life[104] /Love Profusion[98] /X-Static Process[92]/ Mother and Father[80]/ Nobody Knows Me[56]/ Easy Ride[42]/Nothing Fails[?]/Die Another Day[?]

9Music11/13[84.6%]: Cyberraga[184] / Lo Que Siente La Mujer[176] / Nobody's Perfect [172] / Runaway Lover[158] / Amazing[154]/ American Pie[133]/ I Deserve It[119]/ Gone[97]/ What it Feels Like for a Girl[77]/ Paradise (Not For Me)[ 53]/ Impressive Instant[48]/Music[?]/Don't Tell Me[?]

10. Something to Remember7/8[87.5%]: One More Chance[224]; Veras[219]/Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Remix)[ 194]/ I'll Remember[118]/ I Want You (Orchestral)[ 86]/ This Used To Be My Playground[63]/ I Want You (with Massive Attack)[ 46]/You'll See[?]

11. Like a Virgin9/10[90%]: Pretender[238]; Stay[243]; Shoo-Bee-Doo[256]; Over and Over[191] / Love Don't Live Here Anymore[144]/ Angel[122]/ Material Girl[107]/ Like A Virgin[59]/Dress You Up[51]/ Into The Groove[?]

12. I’m Breathless11/12[91.7%]: I'm Going Bananas[242] / Cry Baby[264]; He's a Man[195] / More[183] / What Can You Lose[173] / Now I'm Following You (Part II) [170] / Now I'm Following You (Part 1)[ 150]/ Something to Remember[139]/Back In Business[135]/ Hanky Panky[116]/ Sooner or Later[91]/ Vogue[?]

13. Rebel Heart23/25[92%]: Autotune Baby[249] / Holy Water[203] / Body Shop[187] / Graffiti Heart[189]/S.E.X.[188] / Illuminati[175] /Queen[142]/ Bitch I'm Madonna (feat. Nicki Minaj)[ 140]/ Veni Vidi Vici (feat. Nas)[ 138]/ Unapologetic Bitch[128]/ Beautiful Scars[117]/Hold Tight[114]/ Borrowed Time[106]/ Best Night[100]/Joan of Arc[99]/Rebel Heart[90]/ Messiah[89]/Iconic (feat. Chance the Rapper & Mike Tyson)[ 85]/ Wash All Over Me[74]/ Inside Out[65]/ Addicted[44]/HeartBreakCity[41]/Devil Pray[40]/Living For Love[?]/Ghosttown[?]

14. MDNA18/18[100%]: Best Friend[247] / Superstar[259] / B-Day Song[267] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)[262] / Some Girls[221] / Give Me All Your Luvin' (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.)[ 227] / I Fucked Up[181] / Turn Up the Radio[186] / I Don't Give A (feat. Nicki Minaj) [177] / I'm A Sinner[164]/ Love Spent (Acoustic)[ 110]/ Girl Gone Wild[102]/ I'm Addicted[84]/ Beautiful Killer[81]/ Love Spent[73]/ Gang Bang[57]/Falling Free[55]/ Masterpiece[43]

15. Hard Candy13/13[100%]: Incredible[246] / Spanish Lesson[265] / Ring My Bell[225] / Dance 2Night[202] / Candy Shop[185] / Heartbeat[179] / Beat Goes On (feat. Kanye West)[ 141]/ Voices[113] / She's Not Me[112]/ 4 Minutes[109]/ Give It 2 Me[70]/ Miles Away[54]/ Devil Wouldn't Recognize You[49]

16.  Madonna8/8[100%]: I Know It [231]; Think of Me[213]/ Physical Attraction[126]/ Everybody[87]/ Borderline[82]/ Lucky Star[72]/ Burning Up[66]/ Holiday[58]

17. Who’s That Girl4 /4[100%]: Can't Stop [245]/ The Look of Love[108]/ Who's That Girl[76]/ Causing a Commotion[67]

I'd like to apologize if anything that has been said has offended or hurt you. I can assure you that was not at all the intention, and I feel truly upset about it if that is so.

Please do accept my greatest and sincerest apologies, and come back and join the fun! We're all friends here! This is all just a friendly competition. Except for @@Dazedmadonna. He actually thinks American Life is going to win and it's not

and you guys dont want me to laugh? :lol:

First no bday wishes, then the lies since AL is gonna win 5ever.

Y u hate me???

(Late) Congratulations! No we dontz h8ya byotche but tha'wuz fun :lol:

This round wasn't too painful, ''Impressive Instant'' got the love it deserves, the same with ''Sky Fits Heaven'' and ''DCFMA''. Then again, we were unfair with a song: ''I Want You''. Can we start a petition at change.org to ban @@sidney78a? (just joking)

*edit*

@@MeantToBeIconic just asked us to make our dream top 10. Yikes! That's hard.

10. Time Stood Still

09. Get Together

08. Deeper And Deeper

07. Rescue Me

06. Live To Tell

05. Ray Of Light

04. Bedtime Story

03. Vogue

02. Hung Up

01. Drowned World/Substitute For Love (right where it belongs)

yes maybe I was a bit unfair and a tosser with "I Want You" :1f614:  but its done its there. Remember

1.) even when she goes bad she goes kinda' good.

2.) this is just a thing for us to learn more about each other, aint nothing official :silly:

3.) as Miss Ru always says : "if you dont love yourself ho'the'hyell yo' gonna luv somebodyah elsee - can I get an amen up in here?"

(cliché mode off) :lol: :lol:

Yeah um, goodbye guys, it was nice to meet you all, it was fun till it lasted, now I'm in the heartbreak city, and it's not that pretty, and it still feels shitty.

Me and I Slay You are gonna hunt you in your dreams.

Posted Image

And now... Back to... That bitch that has a lot to say about me, @@sidney78a wuts good?!?

Posted Image

I had a slice of my bday cake saved for ya, now I'll put poison on it.

Posted Image

The two DEVILS are gone now... Both songs are excellent, both are very close to their first inspiration: HC's Devil reminds me a little too much of Justin's Cry me a river, while RH's Devil is really a tribute (is it intentional?) to Animals' House of the rising sun.

:devil: :devil:

I'm not too impressed by Impressive Instant, I don't know if it had to be single... Definitely I want you, with its magnificent video, had to: it is hard to match Marvin Gaye, but Massive Attack made a wonderful rendition out of it and Madonna gave the song a new meaning.

You may all know by now that I'm a huge Evita fan (I think I have at least 20 different Evita cast cds, I've seen it in theatres at least 4 times and I saw the movie 9 times in cinemas and 4 on the same first day), however Don't cry is not the best Madonna interpretation in the musical. You can feel it was the first to be recorded. The worst song is "Rainbow high": she doesn't have enough power in her voice, although M can be very mean and powerful (see A new Argentina); she does a better job with Buenos Aires and Another suitcase, and You must love me of course. But that said Argentina is a classic and the remix is one of her best.

Addicted... I still don't know why it wasn't included properly in the album, this countdown proves that fans find it a lot better than other tracks, Best night for instance (whose only merit is the fantastic line "You can call me M tonight"). However, I would have left the name "The one that got a way": I once read she wanted to avoid confusion with Katy Perry, but then there's a risk of confusion with her own MDNA track. It's a strange coincidence that on the same days Adam Lambert released Ghosttown.

:Madonna033:

Easy ride is one of my favourite. I find it really inspiring. I really take the lyrics as an encouragement, they mean a lot to me. Mirwais' ending is a little bit distressing with all those stops and holes in the sound, but it is very strong and original.

The final top 10?? Oh God, I don't think I'm ready!!

I really hope Drowned World is in the last 3, but I don't have much hope...

Some of my all time favourite are still in, as Don't tell me and Jump and You'll see :heart: .

And, why not?, Living for love!! :clapp:

I am very happy for Nothing fails and Rescue me, too, although I think they may not make it to the top 20...

If I had to select a winner I'd choose Like a prayer... I was so into Madonna at the time, and I like M as a mature artist rather than a dance artist... this song is really her legacy. Nothing wrong with Hung up, but there is no competition for me. The top 3 may include Express yourself and Vogue?

@@groovyguy 

Graffiti Heart was #189 (way too soon) 

FIXED! Thanx! 

And also thanks to Enrico for pointing out the Best Night & Masterpiece errors @ http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3949-madonnainfinity-best-madonna-song-countdown/?p=193990