1990 Arsenio Hall Show

While I’m sure just about all fans here know of this show, I think she was just as or if not more mischievous here as the infamous f bomb Letterman interview a few years later.  

She kept breaking Arsenio’s balls about Paula Abdul, his hair, and then his furniture.  😂.  Too which I guess it wasn’t until years later at Arsenio owned up to being in a relationship with Paula for years back then.

Nonetheless while I wouldn’t say this was Madonna’s best interview it’s definitely to me one of her most entertaining ones.  Warren Beatty came up a bit here but me wonders if she acted that way toward Arsenio because he was rather nasty to Vanilla Ice around this time.  Standing up for a friend kind of thing?

Anyway she was on his show a few times afterwards so I’m thinking Arsenio enjoyed her as a guest.

Nah, she was just being catty and giving him a hard time.  I don't believe she harbored any ill feelings here. She was at the peak of her career at this time.  Many knew she was a tough interview and likes to twist things around on the interviewer.  Keep in mind, this was a time that people expected this sort of behavior to happen on Late Night and Awards shows.  It was a few years laters, people were becoming more uptight what was being said and done on television... especially late night.  Not to say there were lines that couldn't be crossed, but it was far more cut throat back then than it is now.   

By the way, she actually opened up his show, coming in when he normally does which is not shown in this video.  I've always loved this interview. She was so witty and  on top of her game here.

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

This was on may 1st 1990. I always love this interview and she looks fabulous in this interview her hair and white suit, hey isnt'that the same suite she was wearing at the 1989 Molly Meldrum interview? 

Schermopname-661.png

These 90's clothes are now totally back in fashion, we just need these kinds of hairdos to be cool again !