Madonna’s Like A Virgin was the first album to sell 5.000.000 copies!

Osh Åžarif

On this day (August 10, 1985), 29 years ago, Madonna‘s 2nd studio album Like A Virgin became the 1st album by a female artist to sell 5.000.000 copies!Like A Virgin has sold more than 21 million copies worldwide (more than 10 millions in USA) and became one of the best-selling albums of all time.All songs were produced by Nile Rodgers, except Into The Groove produced by Madonna and her former boyfriend Stephen Bray.What’s your favourite song from Like A Virgin?

Yep, "Into The Grove" was included on the 1985 (Non-U.S.) re-issue.  In short, this is the song that pretty much catapulted her in the U.K. and many other nations. Before this, Madonna was a U.S. phenomenon.

I loved the rock version of DRESS YOU UP, and I love when she does rock versions of her past songs. I guess I'm one of the few fans who do. I was in heaven when she did "Burning Up"  on RIT! 

"Dress You Up" and "Stay" are my two most favorite from LAV.  Of course, I enjoy the others, but oddly, I am not a huge fan of "Like A Virgin" the song.

I loved the rock version of DRESS YOU UP, and I love when she does rock versions of her past songs. I guess I'm one of the few fans who do. I was in heaven when she did "Burning Up"  on RIT! 

Burning was spot on, well sung... or at least it had that 'surprise factor' that neither Borderline nor Dress You Up had during S&S which were awfully off key :Madonna026:  I think 'Gambler' from the same LAV period we're talking about would work well in a rock style.

Burning was spot on, well sung... or at least it had that 'surprise factor' that neither Borderline nor Dress You Up had during S&S which were awfully off key :Madonna026:  I think 'Gambler' from the same LAV period we're talking about would work well in a rock style.

I will agree that "Borderline" was sort of a mess, even though it was cool to see her re-invent that and perform it since it hasn't been performed since the VIRGIN TOUR.  Speaking of the VIRGIN TOUR, "Gambler" was pretty much performed in a rock format for that tour. It's one of my favorite performances from that show.