Guy Oseary is still Madonna’s manager

Osh Åžarif

t was rumoured that Madonna fired Guy Oseary and he was not managing her anymore. We can tell you that it is absolutely untrue!Those rumours were spreading especially after the latest reports of a new Live Nation division for Guy Oseary and him signing to manage Alicia Keys.What we heard leaves no doubt: Guy Oseary is still Madonna’s manager.

t was rumoured that Madonna fired Guy Oseary and he was not managing her anymore. We can tell you that it is absolutely untrue!Those rumours were spreading especially after the latest reports of a new Live Nation division for Guy Oseary and him signing to manage Alicia Keys.What we heard leaves no doubt: Guy Oseary is still Madonna’s manager.

First off, I never heard a rumor he was FIRED.  There were reports that he was going to extend on his duties with other artists and business ventures, but no one said Madonna canned him or he left Madonna.

I agree with FIGHTER, where is this all coming from? What source is this is assuming that people thought he was fired and now insisting he's still her manager?

So who thought he was fired? I never did, and I don't know any fans who thought so. I know some wish he was fired, but never did I come across anyone saying they thought he was fired. This is just an example how DM just pulls things out of thin air.

So who thought he was fired? I never did, and I don't know any fans who thought so. I know some wish he was fired, but never did I come across anyone saying they thought he was fired. This is just an example how DM just pulls things out of thin air.

There were/are lots of rumors about that, I can't remember exactly but I was talking about it with another fan. But not exactly "fired", something like he and Madonna split ways, and that he isn't posting anything about her new album, that now he's working with U2....etc etc. Personnally I find it hard to believe that they will separate or that she will fire him just like that, he's been working with her even before he was her manager :confused:

There were/are lots of rumors about that, I can't remember exactly but I was talking about it with another fan. But not exactly "fired", something like he and Madonna split ways, and that he isn't posting anything about her new album, that now he's working with U2....etc etc. Personnally I find it hard to believe that they will separate or that she will fire him just like that, he's been working with her even before he was her manager :confused:

I still haven't seen a lot of talk about it, other than the publicized article of Guy taking on more management positions, etc. So you're telling me, some went away thinking he left Madonna?  LOL!!!!  My faith in the intelligence of Madonna fans is diminishing more and more. Thank gawd for this community where we can decipher through the bullshit. :Madonna002:

You are correct. He worked as an intern (since he was a teenager) for Freddy Demann, her original manager.

he was Madonna's business partner and CEO of Maverick Records till he became her manager in 2005  :)  :)

You are correct. But before that, he was worked under Freddy Demann as a teen. What I am curious about is, how he managed to work under Freddy like that at an early age. By the age of 20, he was Madonna's business partner.

You are correct. But before that, he was worked under Freddy Demann as a teen. What I am curious about is, how he managed to work under Freddy like that at an early age. By the age of 20, he was Madonna's business partner.

According to iMDB biography, he started as an A&R for Maverick (talent scout and developing) at 17, but he had been doing that in LA since age 15.

According to iMDB biography, he started as an A&R for Maverick (talent scout and developing) at 17, but he had been doing that in LA since age 15.

No doubt he did. Though, Maverick was founded in the Spring of 1992 by Madonna, Freddy Demann, and Ronald Dashev. Guy O. was 20 at that time. It was well known in the 90's, by us older fans that Freddy had a prodigy of somewhat working under him. At some point, when Maverick got rolling, Guy O. joined the ranks and eventually became the CEO of the company. I suspect he was a talent scout before Maverick was officially formed.

I find it fascinating that a kid of 15 could be already working with a manager who had handled two of the biggest superstars in our history.

No doubt he did. Though, Maverick was founded in the Spring of 1992 by Madonna, Freddy Demann, and Ronald Dashev. Guy O. was 20 at that time. It was well known in the 90's, by us older fans that Freddy had a prodigy of somewhat working under him. At some point, when Maverick got rolling, Guy O. joined the ranks and eventually became the CEO of the company. I suspect he was a talent scout before Maverick was officially formed.

I find it fascinating that a kid of 15 could be already working with a manager who had handled two of the biggest superstars in our history.

On iMDB it says he started working as an A&R on "what was to become" Maverick at 17. Not sure what they mean by that but its also possible they have the age wrong.

I'm not surprised someone as young as 17 was working with someone like that, you hear these stories from time to time. 

On iMDB it says he started working as an A&R on "what was to become" Maverick at 17. Not sure what they mean by that but its also possible they have the age wrong.

I'm not surprised someone as young as 17 was working with someone like that, you hear these stories from time to time.

We're pretty much saying the exact same thing. He was an A&R man in his teens, which means he was a scout for new talent and a middle man between the artist and a record company. I suspect before MAVERICK was officially established, Freddy and his partners were already scouting out new talent to be signed to Warners. I would suspect eventually, they figured they could start their own company, finding and signing new talent,  under the parent company which is WARNERS. I'm sure that's how Guy came along. He probably either got quite lucky early on by connecting with the right people and/or knew or was related to someone that was associated to Freddy.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 things to know about Guy Oseary, the man behind Madonna, A-Rod, U2 and more

1. He started working for Madonna's Maverick Records at age 17
Posted Image

2. He helped bring Twilight to the big screen
Posted Image

3. He's more than just Madonna's manager
Posted Image

4. He's the man behind U2's deal with Apple
Posted Image

5. He's managing Alex Rodriguez's "image"
Posted Image

6. His IMDb listing has three acting credits
Posted Image

I wish this piece of shit will disappear from Nonna's life. He's direct responsible of the downfall of her career. He's behind plain money and has lured Nonna into it, granting her deals and projects that have ruined her artistic pursues and credibility.. Please, Feddie de Mann, come back, come back! Rescue our dear Nonna! Enough of that shit Kablahblah sect; enough of Malawi and, above all, enough of plastic surgery and that lank dirty hair and hideous clothes. We want your old face back, Nonna. And we want the FUN back. We don't want you to to be the "saviour" of the world, no more of those political messages, they're just a bore. Of all this, only one person is to blame: OSEARY.

I'm apologize if anyone is offended by my comments, but I've been a fan since 1985 and I think this enables me to voice an opinion.