Hong Kong: Asia World Arena [Wednesday Feb 17 / Thursday Feb 18th 2016]

groovyguy

Posted Image"So this is the year of the monkey. So is that a good thing?" Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image -

Why don't you put you fucking monkey hands together?  :dead:

RH 

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1LyxBzlAnoLxN

Hung Up

Posted Image

This periscope is AWESOME!!!

Thank you, YSiu for periscoping most of the show!!! :kissy::worship:

You can fuck your way to the middle, but you can't fuck your way to the top  :dead:  :worship:

Get Stupid / CS / MG

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1LyxBzlAnoLxN

TAB clips

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3soshz_tabclip1hk_fun

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3sosi0_tabclip2hk_fun

don north â€@donplusn  17m17 minutes ago

It's midnight and the concert is nowhere near finished #RebelHeartTour #Madonna #HongKong

Posted Image

SCMP NewsVerified account â€@SCMP_News  4m4 minutes ago

Dancers fly the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region flag @Madonna concert (Picture: @Lauren_YP)

Posted Image

Madonna in Hong Kong: thousands of fans gather in glittery garb to watch superstar perform at Asia-World Expo

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1913782/madonna-hong-kong-thousands-fans-gather-glittery-garb-watch-superstar

• [*]
Posted Image

Fans Gioia Sloane(L) and Wong Lam dress as Madonna arriving at the Madonna Hong Kong Tour 2016 at the AsiaWorld-Expo in Chek Lap Kwok. Photo: SCMP/ Dickson Lee

“Crazy for you†summed up the mood of the evening as thousands of Madonna fans showed up in their glittery best and diamanté-studded caps to see their legendary idol perform for the first time in Hong Kong.

At 9.20pm, the superstar was still not on stage at the concert venue at Asia-World Expo. She was more than one hour late for her appearance but no one seemed to mind as they waited eagerly to hear her belt out “Crazy for youâ€, one of the scores of chart-topping hits the superstar is known for and can be expected to sing tonight.Posted Image

Fans start to fill up the Asia-World Expo stadium. Photo: Lauren James

For the fans, the wait was more than bearable, given that many had flown into the city from hundreds of miles away.

Action Piao, a musician who came from Shenzen said: “It will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience for me.â€

The 45-year-old added: “Madonna has inspired my love for music since 1985, but I have never ever seen her live shows before.â€

Posted Image

Fans pose with their tickets at the AsiaWorld-Expo in Chek Lap Kwok. Photo: SCMP/ Dickson Lee

Piao was lucky enough to get a VIP ticket from another musician friend, as he was told that tickets had already sold out the second day after they were put on the market.

“Finally a day has come that I will see her in person, I feel like I will soon achieve one of my biggest dreams,†said Piao. “You know, given Madonna’s rebellious performance style, chances are slim that she will get a greenlight to hold concerts in mainland China.â€

Also travelling all the way from mainland was Nero Gong, a 20-year-old student living in northwestern Gansu province. He showed up early to buy Madonna souvenirs before they sold out.Posted Image

Madonna performing in Taipei on February 6, 2016. Photo: EPA

Saleswoman Carmen Lee, who was wearing a Madonna cap, told the South China Morning Post she took the day off work so she could be at the venue early with her husband.

“I feel my heart is beating so fast right now,†she said, her voice trembling. “She has been my idol since I was at high school because my dad is one of her fans, I bought the tickets from a friend even though the price is double that of the official price listed online.

“But it’s a pity that my 70-year-old dad was too sick to go to her concert,†she said.

Housewife Maggie Ho and her teenage daughter were also among those who arrived two hours early. “It Is so hard to describe how excited we felt when Madonna announced last year that she will go to Hong Kong.â€Posted Image

Madonna was expected to wave Hong Kong’s Special Administrative Region flag. Photo: Lauren James

“She is so devoted to her music and such a marvellous dancer and singer,†Ho said. “To me, she is a legend and incomparable.â€

Unlike Piao and Ho, Dutch Jan Dijkstra is fortunate to have had the chance to see the superstar in person five times in Europe and America.

“We are her biggest and oldest fans,â€said 33-year-old Jan Dijkstra, standing in front of the entrance, a glass of champagne in hand. “I started to listen to her songs since 1980s and she is full of charisma even as she reaches her 60s,†he said of the 57-year-old star.

The insurance industry professional expected the pop diva to perform some of her old songs in the concert. In order to get a better seat, Jan Dijkstra got off work early. “Michael Jackson is dead, and I’m afraid Madonna will is the last legendary pop icon alive.â€

Madonna will also be expected to wave Hong Kong’s Special Administrative Region flag, after her show in Taipei earlier this month triggered a war of words over Taiwanese identity in mainland China after she draped herself in the island’s flag.

A number of local celebrities have expressed on social media their desire to catch a glimpse of the speculator shows by “the queen of pop.â€

Earlier in the day, the superstar uploaded a video of the stage setup of her Hong Kong concert upon her arrival in town, with the accompanying text “Can’t be stopped!! Hong Kong here we come!.â€Posted Image

A Madonna fan wears a Madonna T-shirt outside the concert venue in Hong Kong. Photo: AP

Security is tight. More than 50 security guards have been deployed for the shows, with bag checks being conducted on an individual basis and glass bottles banned.

A lavish personal make-up room, private gym and a dining hall were set up backstage for Madonna’s two concerts, according to reports. In her entourage are her troupe of dancers, a personal trainer and chef.

The concerts take place on Wednesday and Thursday nights, with ticket prices ranging from HK$688 for the cheapest seats all the way up to HK$11,888 for what organisers call the “ultimate front-row VIP package.†This includes tickets to the ice-breaking party, a VIP pass, souvenir, wine and snacks.

Rosanne Jazzlyn Cheung

Tonight is definitely one of the best night in my life!!!My First n forever idol MADONNA!I love u!!!!!!
To be able to enjoy her in Hong Kong even if only once, I have no regrets! Since three-Year-old I have been listening to her.  Watching her sing her songs, I feel so touched that I don't know even know how to describe! So Excited! The entire production, stage, clothing, projection lights, music, dance, all top notch! She sings and dances so well and to be able do what she did is not easy.
The one and forever SUPERSTAR~
Thank you ç™½å®‡è»’ sending a gift that fulfills my childhood dreams! I'm so Very happy.

Translated from Chinese

Posted Image

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB5aCkCSxuA/

super_hero_tonyâ¤LIVING‼...for Love. If you ever become a world famous Pop Star, just a hint-this is EXACTLY the reaction you want! Hong Kong show # 1.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3srapb_lfl-by-tv_fun

Instagrammed by one of my fav HK artists - Bernice Liu  :hearteyes:  :heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB5V7h5q9Zd/?taken-by=berniceliu106

berniceliu106Yes, the wait was worth it. One of the best #concerts #live I have ever seen. #madonna is definitely the #queen#rebelheart #concert2016 #triplethreat#hongkong

Posted Image

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB5dLD8q9Wt/?taken-by=berniceliu106

berniceliu106Awesome diehard fans of#madonna & they're #Canadian ! ✈#hongkong #rebelhearttour2016

Posted Image

‎Alice Lo

died a billion times tonight and back to my teenage againnnnn..Madge is truly superhuman and the greatest female talent that will ever exist in planet. she 's almost 60 but amazingly physically fit and she's born to be star â­she sang one of my favourite songs. “La Vie En Rose,†in French. she strummed out an acoustic version by ukulele for the song of " true blue " . this song has me in tears. i still get soooo emotional remiwniscing. this my first tour but hopefully not her last..................................

—at AsiaWorld-Expo Arena.

Posted Image

<p>She was more than one hour late for her appearance but no one seemed to mind as they waited eagerly to hear her belt out “Crazy for youâ€, one of the scores of chart-topping hits the superstar is known for and can be expected to sing tonight.

Did she actually perform Crazy For You then?