Hong Kong: Asia World Arena [Wednesday Feb 17 / Thursday Feb 18th 2016]

groovyguy

Feb 17th & 18th, 2016

Second Hong Kong show added for Feb 18th
ICON PRE-SALE:  OCT 01 @ 10AM HKT SIGN UP FOR ICON
PUBLIC ON-SALE: OCT 9 @ 10AM HKT
VIP PACKAGES: OCT 01 @ 10AM HKT SIGN UP FOR ICON

Posted Image

Rebel Heart Tour: Record for the fastest Hong Kong concert to sell out.

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/music/article/1861294/gone-30-minutes-madonna-tickets-hong-kong-tickets-sell-out

Gone in 30 minutes: Madonna tickets for Hong Kong concert sell out

American singer's Hong Kong debut is thought to have sold out faster than any concert in the city's history

All tickets for Madonna’s debut concert in Hong Kong on February 17 sold out within 30 minutes of going on sale at 10am on Friday â€“ setting what is believed to be a record for the fastest Hong Kong concert to sell out.

The concert venue, AsiaWorld-Arena at the airport off Lantau Island, can hold a maximum of 13,500 people. Tickets ranged in price from HK$688 for the cheapest seats to a whopping HK$11,888 for front-row seating.

Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour began in Montreal, Quebec, on September 9 and will take in 64 cities before it wraps up in Brisbane on March 27, 2016. The tour follows the spring release of Madonna’s Rebel Heart album, the singer’s 13th studio album.

• 2 weeks later...

Madonna's second Honk Kong concert again sells out in 30 minutes

These shows are going to be spectacular, spokesman for organisers says after tickets for Material Girl's February 18 date run out despite prices of up to HK$11,888

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/music/article/1865516/madonnas-second-hong-kong-concert-again-sells-out-30-minutes

Madonna's second Honk Kong concert again sells out in 30 minutes

These shows are going to be spectacular, spokesman for organisers says after tickets for Material Girl's February 18 date run out despite prices of up to HK$11,888

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/music/article/1865516/madonnas-second-hong-kong-concert-again-sells-out-30-minutes

Officially SOLD OUT

http://busy.hkticketing.com/en/md.html

MADONNA REBEL HEART TOUR HONG KONG PRESENTED BY 1O1O

LIVE NATION LUSHINGTON EVENT

Tickets for Public Sales were SOLD OUT.

Public Sales - 9 Oct 2015 (Fri) at 10am. Bookings are only available through Hong Kong Ticketing website (www.hkticketing.com) and Ticket Purchase Hotline (852) 31 288 288.

Price Type *A Reserve B Reserve C Reserve D Reserve E Reserve F Reserve G Reserve

Standard *$2488 $1888 $1488 $688 $--- $--- $---

Side View $--- $--- $--- $--- $1888 $--- $---

Limited Side View $--- $--- $--- $--- $--- $688 $---

Wheelchair Space $--- $--- $--- $--- $--- $--- $1488

Wheelchair Space and Wheelchair Minder

(Each wheelchair patron can be accompanied by one minder) $--- $--- $--- $--- $--- $--- $1488 + $1488

Date & Time 17 Feb 2016 (Wed) at 8:00pm

Additional performance

18 Feb 2016 (Thu) at 8:00pm

Venue AsiaWorld-Expo, Arena Check out the venue photos

(View Seat Map Click Here) Remarks

*VIP Package includes:-

Ultimate Front Row VIP Package – HK$11,888

[*]One Front Row reserved seated

‘Living for Love’ VIP Package – HK$8,888

[*]One reserved seated ticket in Row 2-3

Runway VIP Party Package (Two Persons) – HK$16,888

[*]Two reserved seated tickets in Row 4-20 (Alongside the Runway)

‘Rebel Heart’ VIP Party Package – HK$5,888

[*]One reserved seated ticket in Row 4-20

Heart Stage VIP Package – HK$6,888

[*]One reserved seated ticket in the first 6 rows around the Heart Stage

‘Pray’ VIP Package – HK$4,888

[*]One reserved seated ticket

All VIP Packages includes:-

[*]Access to one and a half hour pre-show party

[*]DJ at pre-show party

[*]A selection of canapés & bowl food circulating

[*]A selection of beers, wines and soft drinks

[*]Exclusive tour gift (1 per each ticket holder)

[*]Commemorative tour laminate (1 per each ticket holder)

• 2 weeks later...

Buzzing: Record price for Madonna concert ticket

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/buzzing-record-price-for-madonna-concert-ticket

Record price for Madonna concert ticket

A premium front-row seat at pop star Madonna's first-ever concert in Hong Kong next year is going for HK$11,888 (S$2,145), a record in Asia, said Apple Daily. Live Nation announced six VIP packages for the show at Asia World Expo Arena on Feb 17, including an "ultimate" HK$11,888 package that comes with access to a pre-concert party, drinks and food.

Another VIP package, with entry for two, is going for HK$16,888, said Sing Tao Daily. Regular tickets will be sold at prices between HK$688 and HK$2,488.

• 3 months later...

In bed with Madonna: Hong Kong gets ready for Material Girl's sold-out concerts

Ahead of her long-awaited Hong Kong and Macau debuts, Madonna speaks about fame, inspiration and rebellion

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/music/article/1905891/madonna-songs-i-write-now-are-about-lessons-ive-learnt

“I’d prefer if people talk about my work as opposed to my personal life,†Madonna told this interviewer during a session at the Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles after the release of her 2003 album American Life. “I like talking about my work.â€

During interview sessions over the course of several years and albums in Miami, Los Angeles and London, it’s a mantra you hear a lot. And there’s no arguing with the global impact Madonna’s work has had since she burst into the public consciousness in the 1980s. To cite just a few figures, she’s sold over 300 million albums worldwide, is the top touring female artist of all time and has had the most Billboard number one singles, period.

And despite what you may have heard about the singer’s personal life lately, Madonna and her 180-strong crew have racked up some impressive numbers since her “Rebel Heart†tour – which calls in at Hong Kong and Macau next month – was launched in Montreal, Canada on September 9. The shows utilise 63 tonnes of equipment. The 1,000 costumes for the performer and her 20 dancers took fashion houses such as Prada, Miu Miu, Alexander Wang and Moschino more than 10,000 hours to create. There are 22 videos played on the rear screens and the 23 songs, give or take some rotations, range from Holiday from her 1983 debut album to several from her latest, Rebel Heart.

All indications are that Madonna will put on a memorable show when she finally makes her Hong Kong debut at AsiaWorld-Arena on February 17 and 18, and her Macau debut at Studio City on February 20 and 21.

For years, the singer has been telling her Hong Kong fans that she wants to perform in the city, but had never delivered – and industry rumours had said the city’s venues were too small to accommodate her. During an interview to promote the 2005 release of Confessions on a Dance Floor, she even asked me: “Do people in China and the rest of the region want me to come there? How would I know? Nobody has written me any letters.â€

In person, Madonna is, by turns, friendly, flippant, off the cuff and guarded. “She can smell fear like a dog,†one journalist said after an encounter. “If you know your stuff, she doesn’t mess with you,†said another. And it’s true. Those who stick to the music and reveal an inquisitiveness about songwriting and her collaborative processes are treated with a forthrightness and revealing insights. On the other hand, as one French journalist learned after criticising her collaborations with producer Mirwais, she doesn’t hesitate to kick people out of the room.

In Miami, before the release of 1998’s Ray Of Light album, the somewhat anxious, guarded singer, unsure of the public response to this uncharacteristic release (which eventually won four Grammy Awards), told me that she was going through a journey with a lot of “spiritual growthâ€. There were also internal struggles with the concept of fame. “People associate fame with happiness and being loved,†she said. “Even I made that mistake at the beginning. The things you hold onto the longest are the things you can walk away from.â€

With all that has happened in her career since, that seems like a lifetime ago. She got married and divorced, had two kids (Lourdes and Rocco), adopted two more from Malawi (David Ritchie and Mercy James), starred in a few films (including the mega bomb Swept Away) and has become embroiled in a public custody battle over her son, Rocco, and endured speculation over a reconciliation with a former husband, actor Sean Penn.

Of course, she’s also released several albums, culminating in her most recent, Rebel Heart, a raunchy, unapologetic work that features collaborations with Kanye West, Avicii and Diplo which was an attempt by the singer to sound as current as they come. Though well reviewed and a chart topper in several countries, it also suffered drastically from an online leak before the official release.

And she’s also loosened up a bit the press. “Want some popcorn?†she casually asks me before an interview in London. With a flourish, and the attitude of a big sister settling in for a chat, she agrees to answer anything candidly – as long as it is about her music. “Let’s go!†she exclaims.

“Being famous?†she responds while thinking carefully about the answer. “In the beginning it’s a rush. You don’t know what you’re in for. You say and do things and you don’t really care. And then you go through the ‘Oh my God’ phase and you have no privacy. You become very bitter about it and want to tell everyone to f*** off. But now I’ve come out the other side and I’ve come to accept it. Where my early songs were about having a good time, the songs I write now are about the lessons I’ve learnt.â€

During another candid moment, she reveals that she has had fantasies about leaving the entertainment industry. But she recognises that her position gives her a platform to say what she wants to say. To that end, she is never far from her journals, which will surely be in great demand from publishers one day. “I carry journals with me everywhere, so it’s a constant work in progress,†she says. “I try to keep working with interesting people. People who are hungry. People who are curious. People who aren’t jaded. I like to find collaborators who feel the same way.â€

And over the years, there have been many successful collaborations. Since the beginning, such musical partnerships have helped her capture the current musical zeitgeist, whether it’s the dance-pop of the 1980s she made with John “Jellybean†Benitez, the darker electronica created in the 1990s with William Orbit, or the recent sessions with Diplo and others that led to the birth of Rebel Heart. This ability to repackage sounds from the underground for a mainstream audience has had a tremendous impact on the musical landscape, so it’s perhaps understandable why she becomes frustrated by the focus on her personal life.

A quick YouTube search uncovers Madonna’s recent onstage tribute to David Bowie, during which she performed Rebel Rebel. It comes as no surprise to learn that Bowie, who died this month from cancer, was one of the first performers she saw live and who first inspired her as an artist. I can’t remember if it was David Bowie or Elton John who I saw first,†she says thoughtfully. “But I was punished for both of them. I wouldn’t have turned out the way I was if I didn’t have those old-fashioned values to rebel against.â€

And with a grin, she awaits the next question. The hard exterior has been broken down, and now she’s just a person talking about music. A person, however, who has changed the world’s music and cultural landscapes, the perception of women in pop and beyond, who has smashed taboos about what can be performed on stage, and who has had an untold influence on several generations of would be musicians.

“So when is the book coming out?â€

“Oh,†she chuckles. “Not until I’m 80.â€

Then, she goes on to explain that there’s so much more to do and accomplish. She is, after all, Madonna.

Madonna, Feb 17-18, 8pm, AsiaWorld-Arena, Hong Kong International Airport; Feb 20-21, 8pm, Event Centre, Studio City, Cotai Strip, Macau. All shows sold out

• 3 weeks later...

#Tokyo I had so much fun with you guys! #HongKong see you soon Posted Image#RebelHeartTour #djmarymac #Madonna Thank you... http://fb.me/74Jai1zdC 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBxGtuWgxxt/

cueonlyMadonna Rebel Heart-#67 Tokyo, Japan Show 2/2. Hong Kong, get ready, we are coming.

Madonna Debuts Skincare Line in Hong Kong

http://hashtaglegend.com/post/madonna-mdna-skincare-hong-kong-rebel-heart

Posted ImageInternational superstar Madonna collaborated with MTG in 2014 to create a line of skincare, which will be available at Harvey Nichols in Pacific Place starting next month.

The line, created with Japanese company MTG, boasts of the most advanced modern technology combined with natural components including mineral-rich hot spring water and mineral mud.

Sourcing natural ingredients from Montecatini, a region in Italy known for its spas and thermal treatments, MDNA Skin’s best-selling products include a chrome clay mask and a serum with an exclusive formula inspired by Madonna.

Fans won’t have to wait much longer for the products to be on shelves. The grand launch party is set for February 19, 2016 following Madonna’s much-anticipated Rebel Heart Tour in Hong Kong on February 17 to 18, 2016.

Hit list: five things to do in Hong Kong this week – February 12-19
Madonna’s heading our way, a new type of triathlon has just hit town and there’s love in the air ... here’s some inspiration for the week ahead

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/arts-entertainment/article/1912336/hit-list-five-things-do-hong-kong-week-february-12-19?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=DTN%20Hong%20Kong%3A

GET ready to see Madonna perform in our city â€œfor the very first timeâ€, when she brings her Rebel Heart tour to Hong Kong on February 17 and 18, and Macau on February 20 and 21.

Fan reports:

• [*]M will stay in Peninsula Hotel and the crew will stay in Intercontinental hotel!  [*]Local news are reporting that she will attend the MDNA skin launch party on the 19th!

Luke_Lann â€@luke_lann 

Get ready Hong Kong...She's coming to conquer you...Posted Image@Madonna @guyoseary

Posted Image

Madonna sneaks in: Superstar gives media the slip as she arrives for Hong Kong concerts
Pop diva checks into presidential suite at The Peninsula as journalists and fans wait in vain outside

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1913600/madonna-sneaks-superstar-gives-media-slip-she-arrives-hong-kong?utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=SCMPSocialNewsfeed

Superstar Madonna gave waiting media the slip as she arrived in Hong Kong from Tokyo on Tuesday night to play two concerts as part of her spectacular Rebel Heart world tour.

The Grammy-winning pop queen landed at Hong Kong International Airport on a private jet with six private bodyguards, before settling in at a luxury presidential suite in The Peninsula in Tsim Sha Tsui.

Around 8pm, dozens of journalists and photographers gathered at the fountain in front of historic hotel, with only a few guards deployed at the door, but were disappointed not to catch a glimpse of the 57-year-old star.

Madonna was chauffeured from the airport to the hotel in a black Mercedes car around 9.30pm, but when the same vehicle drew up at the front of the hotel about 20 minutes later, she was nowhere to be seen.

One waiting fan from mainland China, who only gave her name as Vivi, said she flew from Beijing to Hong Kong just to experience one concert by her idol.

“I took two days off work. Unfortunately, Madonna won’t come to mainland,†she said.

A presidential suite in The Peninsula with accesses to a private lift and helicopter service costs more than HK$80,000 per night, while a 15-minute private helicopter trip from the airport to the hotel’s roof top helipad costs HK$13,000.

The Oriental Daily quoted sources as saying that Madonna would travel to and from her concerts at Asiaworld Expo by helicopter, and that her extensive crew would stay in the luxury Intercontinental Hotel five minutes’ walk away from The Peninsula.

A lavish personal make-up room, private gym and a dining hall were being set up backstage for Madonna’s two concerts, according to reports. Her entourage included her troupe of dancers, a personal trainer and chef.

The concerts take place on Wednesday and Thursday nights, with ticket prices ranging from HK$688 for the cheapest seats all the way up to HK$11,888 for what organisers call the “ultimate front-row VIP package.†This includes tickets to the ice-breaking party, a VIP pass, souvenir, wine and snacks.

The pop diva will head to Macau on Saturday for two shows at Studio City.

HK Flashback

It was 30 years ago, in January 1986, when Madonna first came to Hong Kong. She arrived here to shoot the film Shanghai Surprise, and quickly found herself sought after by fans keen to get her autograph. Married at the time to actor and Shanghai Surprise co-star Sean Penn, the couple refused all interviews and photograph requests, but intrepid SCMP photographer Sam Chan managed to snap shots of the pair dining in the legendary Godown restaurant in Central.

Posted Image