Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Is it really listed as Live at Sydney? 

SNq07.gif

Maybe it's wrong, but nothing official has been stated if the DVD isn't live from Sydney.  It very well might not even be the Showtime Broadcast, but I wouldn't hold my breath!! 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's wrong, but nothing official has been stated if the DVD isn't live from Sydney. It very well might not even be the Showtime Broadcast, but I wouldn't hold my breath!!

SNq07.gif

I think we should just stop pretending like Madonna and her team aren't going for the cheapest route possible.

I think we should just stop pretending like Madonna and her team aren't going for the cheapest route possible.

It's not about "pretense" or being naive or what not.  The fact is; some people either have all along acted like this is the worst release ever or doubted it would never happened.  Amazon dares to remove the pre-order weeks ago, and many go apeshit and think it's not gonna ever happen.  I realize it's been a long journey. I know it hasn't been released in a timely fashion.  That doesn't change whatever this release is; whether it's missing a few parts here and there, it still a great representation of the tour called Rebel Heart. I for one never doubted the release and can't wait until Sept. 15th.  For those who want to sit here and mock my optimism, go for it.  I'll still walk away satisfied and happy with it, while the rest continue to moan and whine about something they have no control over, other than just saying, "I'm not going to purchase it".   Great!  Ain't gonna hurt my feelings and I hardly doubt Madonna will be bawling over it. 

Haven't you guys figured out that this release is linked to 2 other factors:

The MDNA Skin US launch...in September.

The Emmy Awards...September 17th.

Remember that odd Jimmy Fallon Feb appearance that was randomly listed, and as quickly cancelled?

It correlated directly with all the "coming soon to the US" MDNA Skin videos, and showtime had already broadcasted the show, as well as those other international broadcasts that didn't actually happen, etc.

Madonna has always been a cross-promotional artist, and there's rarely been only one product that she goes on the TV talk show circuit to promote.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if she actually attends the Emmy awards this year to accept the trophy for the RHT Showtime broadcast...especially if "Loved" is going to be a Netflix original production. It's all about knowing how to promote projects: past, present, and future.

We'll get the hard confirmation of the BR/DVD release when there's one set in stone for the MDNA Skin launch.

It's not about "pretense" or being naive or what not. The fact is; some people either have all along acted like this is the worst release ever or doubted it would never happened. Amazon dares to remove the pre-order weeks ago, and many go apeshit and think it's not gonna ever happen. I realize it's been a long journey. I know it hasn't been released in a timely fashion. That doesn't change whatever this release is; whether it's missing a few parts here and there, it still a great representation of the tour called Rebel Heart. I for one never doubted the release and can't wait until Sept. 15th. For those who want to sit here and mock my optimism, go for it. I'll still walk away satisfied and happy with it, while the rest continue to moan and whine about something they have no control over, other than just saying, "I'm not going to purchase it". Great! Ain't gonna hurt my feelings and I hardly doubt Madonna will be bawling over it.

Why people acting like Amazon.com was the be all end all for preorders is beyond me anyways. I'm not from the US and it never showed up on Amazon.ca so to me it's like it never existed. If people are so concerned whether or not they'll get it then they can by all means get it from the links provided.

But agreed it the people to then chime in and say 'I'm not going to order if it's the SHOWTIME version'....ok well no one gives a shit if you didn't or if you got 1 or 100. I'm getting mine and that's all that matters to me. To me it's not the waiting it's just wanting to have an official product rather than having to do it illegally to watch/listen to.

Haven't you guys figured out that this release is linked to 2 other factors:

The MDNA Skin US launch...in September.

The Emmy Awards...September 17th.

Remember that odd Jimmy Fallon Feb appearance that was randomly listed, and as quickly cancelled?

It correlated directly with all the "coming soon to the US" MDNA Skin videos, and showtime had already broadcasted the show, as well as those other international broadcasts that didn't actually happen, etc.

Madonna has always been a cross-promotional artist, and there's rarely been only one product that she goes on the TV talk show circuit to promote.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if she actually attends the Emmy awards this year to accept the trophy for the RHT Showtime broadcast...especially if "Loved" is going to be a Netflix original production. It's all about knowing how to promote projects: past, present, and future.

We'll get the hard confirmation of the BR/DVD release when there's one set in stone for the MDNA Skin launch.

Well Madonna wasn't nominated for an Emmy so not sure how that would work.

Yeah, she wasn't nominated for an Emmy, but the Skin Line is supposed to come out this September, so she might possibly cross promote as she's done in the past.  She won't be just targeting her fans when doing so. 

I'm still excited about this release.. finally we'll get some physical release with (I hope) better quality than the one we have already. I've been streaming the tour all the time in Showtime. If you guys have Hulu linked to Showtime.. you will see that the colors and quality are totally different. I do believe something were fixed for this release and I can't wait to have it with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if any of you guys paid attention to it but this is the translation of the product description from Bol.com.. even if it says Live from Sydney, I think they may know something about the DVD or otherwise they don't have any clue about it.

Product Description
On Rebel Heart Tour Live At Sydney from Madonna you will find the highlights of the performance in March 2016. This version of the concert is released in various formats including CD, Blu-Ray and DVD (also combinations). The formats contain bonus content. On the Blu-Ray and DVD you'll find live recordings of the concert as well as behind-the-scenes recordings. In addition, you'll also get unpublished images finishing with performances at the Qudos Bank Arena (formerly known as the Allphones Arena) in Sydney, Australia. The Rebel Heart CD (Album) contains 22 songs from the Rebel Heart Tour.

Madonna announced officially on March 2, 2015 that she would be on tour with her album Rebel Heart. She gave two shows in the Netherlands at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam on 5 and 6 December 2015. The shows of 'the queen of pop' were completely sold out.

I don't know if any of you guys paid attention to it but this is the translation of the product description from Bol.com.. even if it says Live from Sydney, I think they may know something about the DVD or otherwise they don't have any clue about it.

Product Description

On Rebel Heart Tour Live At Sydney from Madonna you will find the highlights of the performance in March 2016. This version of the concert is released in various formats including CD, Blu-Ray and DVD (also combinations). The formats contain bonus content. On the Blu-Ray and DVD you'll find live recordings of the concert as well as behind-the-scenes recordings. In addition, you'll also get unpublished images finishing with performances at the Qudos Bank Arena (formerly known as the Allphones Arena) in Sydney, Australia. The Rebel Heart CD (Album) contains 22 songs from the Rebel Heart Tour.

Madonna announced officially on March 2, 2015 that she would be on tour with her album Rebel Heart. She gave two shows in the Netherlands at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam on 5 and 6 December 2015. The shows of 'the queen of pop' were completely sold out.

thanks for posting but these descriptions are usually generic statements written by people who dont have much idea

They've been mentioning Sydney and the Allphones Arena since May though:

12 MAY 2017 (Toronto, ON) – MADONNA today announced her record-breaking MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR will be released by Eagle Vision September 15 on digital download, DVD and Blu-ray complete with bonus content, and an audio CD of highlights from the much-heralded tour. The Material Girl will also release a live album featuring 22 songs from the Rebel Heart Tour, available on double CD and digital download. The MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR film was recorded around the world and features both live and behind the scenes material, as well as previously unreleased footage culminating with performances at the Qudos Bank Arena (formerly known as the Allphones Arena) in Sydney, Australia in March of 2016. MADONNA: REBEL HEART TOUR is co-directed by Danny Tull and Nathan Rissman, both of whom have worked extensively with Madonna on her feature films and tour movies. The DVD Cover art was designed by Madonna fan Aldo Diaz. A version of the film previously debuted on Showtime in December 2016.

http://www.umusic.ca/press-releases/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-september-15/

Yeah, I'm content with the idea that it's going to be the Showtime Broadcast with the exceptions of whatever bonus material is added.  Of course, I would love for it to include LDLHA and a few other bonus rare performances such as Ghosttown, Who's That Girl, and Take A Bow!  But that's wishful thinking!  :smile:

I dont understand the significance  :thinker:

I'm assuming you're being facetious since we all know the shows of March 19 and 20, 2016, performed at the Allphones Arena (re-named Qudos Bank Arena) were filmed by Danny Tull and Nathan Rissman.

I dont understand the significance :thinker:

They mentioned this prior to the BBC rating which we then found out that is the same length as the SHOWTIME broadcast so it's simply a clickbait line.

Just like how articles prior to the broadcast kept mentioning songs like Don't Tell Me, Like A Prayer and Take A Bow which then had nothing to do with the show.

So much for the "This release will be part of a larger project" bollox her team were touting months ago ? Yet another failed promise from M - unless they were referring to the MDNA skin range ? Like anyone is going to bother with that ? Why doe she crap all over us with failed promises ??

Madonna never promised a bigger project.  I forget where exactly the "larger project" source came from, but I recall hearing it ONCE and nothing else was heard of it.  And maybe there was an intention to do something more with all the footage she got.  Or possibly this is what they were referring. I think some fans take a little morsel that is thrown out there and over exaggerate it as if it's some massive "fail" or mislead. As I said, the "larger project" was thrown out there, and I can't recall if anyone OFFICIAL really made that statement, but whatever the case is, I never heard it again.  Still, what is big to some is small to others.  The release of this DVD concert is big enough for me, because we all know the other option would most likely be a documentary and a lot more performances would be cut!!

Madonna never promised a bigger project. I forget where exactly the "larger project" source came from, but I recall hearing it ONCE and nothing else was heard of it. And maybe there was an intention to do something more with all the footage she got. Or possibly this is what they were referring. I think some fans take a little morsel that is thrown out there and over exaggerate it as if it's some massive "fail" or mislead. As I said, the "larger project" was thrown out there, and I can't recall if anyone OFFICIAL really made that statement, but whatever the case is, I never heard it again. Still, what is big to some is small to others. The release of this DVD concert is big enough for me, because we all know the other option would most likely be a documentary and a lot more performances would be cut!!

Straight from the horses mouth:

Final Tour shows In Sydney To Be Filmed

March 15, 2016

Danny B. Tull and Nathan Rissman, both of whom have worked extensively with Madonna on her feature films and tour movies, will direct the live video which will be part of a larger project to be released at a later date.

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/final-tour-shows-in-sydney-to-be-filmed

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic