Rebel Heart Pro-Shot Rumor

Future Lover

I just hope they make use of all footage & give us a great DVD! I'd like to see bonus performances like Secret & Frozen

Keep hoping!

They are never very generous!

For previous tours I always thought they would make multi-angle dvds, I even tried to ask Guy through twitter... Or include the backdrop videos as bonuses... I was a fool :frown:

They like to maximise profit and minimise effort, that's good business for Guy and his team, can't blame them.

Unfortunately that may include low quality production materials, which is why her stuff is never a first day purchase for me anymore. I ain't got time for that drama in my life.

They like to maximise profit and minimise effort, that's good business for Guy and his team, can't blame them.

Unfortunately that may include low quality production materials, which is why her stuff is never a first day purchase for me anymore. I ain't got time for that drama in my life.

Personally, I think that if Madonna got more involved in the production of a home video release, it would be much better. The Confessions Tour DVD was really well shot and I feel that it was a clear view of the show. Sticky and Sweet wasn't horrible but it lacked a lot. I know for sure Madonna wasn't as exclusively involved in the EPIX MDNA show and DVD/Blu-Ray release. EPIX kind of took charge and made it look the way they thought best. Madonna rarely shows her stuff on TV and only really did that for the last few tours. If she did it in the 80's and 90's, it was a local television station and she was really in charge of the production standard. MDNA was trampled by EPIX but Madonna wasn't really as involved because she said that writing on Rebel Heart and pre-production of Rebel Heart and her "SECRET PROJECT" almost the second the MDNA tour ended. If she got involved in a recording of the Rebel Heart tour and she just released it straight to DVD and Blu-Ray or if she streamed through YouTube like the band U2 did on their 360 tour which was really well shot, it might be much better. 

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think that if Madonna got more involved in the production of a home video release, it would be much better. I know for sure Madonna wasn't as exclusively involved in the EPIX MDNA show and DVD/Blu-Ray release. EPIX kind of took charge and made it look the way they thought best. Madonna rarely shows her stuff on TV and only really did that for the last few tours. MDNA was trampled by EPIX but Madonna wasn't really as involved because she said that writing on Rebel Heart and pre-production of Rebel Heart and her "SECRET PROJECT" almost the second the MDNA tour ended.

It was the complete opposite. It's been the first time she has been this involved with a DVD production, and that's why the final product is so poor, starting with the quality of the video and finishing with the cover art. Just because she filmed a nice movie doesn't mean she's a good editor, and the MDNA tour DVD is a good proof of it. If only somebody would tell her...

The DVD had a feeling like it was badly shot by (one of the?) companies in charge of doing that in Miami, and so Madonna had to use nip and tuck effects to try to piece it all together and form something decent. She played a lot with filters, which we didn't like but fair enough on that. The problem was how badly shot it was, shaky cameras, badly centered shots, etc. Same thing as the Olympia show though.

• 3 weeks later...

The DVD had a feeling like it was badly shot by (one of the?) companies in charge of doing that in Miami, and so Madonna had to use nip and tuck effects to try to piece it all together and form something decent. She played a lot with filters, which we didn't like but fair enough on that. The problem was how badly shot it was, shaky cameras, badly centered shots, etc. Same thing as the Olympia show though.

I don't think it was badly shot, some of the unedited Miami footage leaked a few years ago and it looked wonderful.The Miami shows werent that good, due to the late starts probably, lots of people had left the show by the time the last segment began, since it was a pretty small arena, the empty seats were very noticeable, that's probably why she chose to go the Ciao Italia route.Keep in mind that ever since the Confessions tour where they filmed two shows plus a whole show without audience just for close ups, she chose places with multiple shows for the dvd(in Buenos Aires they did the wide and long takes the first two dates, and all the close ones the last two shows).So everything on the MDNA dvd was her choice or vision i guess(filters, super quick shots, no close ups, all those really messy grainy takes)...Having watched the S&S pro shot footage from Lisbon, i kinda miss that live concert feel, i do love the editing on the S&S dvd though, shame about the audio/dubbed vocalsBTW, here's some of the unedited Miami footage i mentioned before

I don't think it was badly shot, some of the unedited Miami footage leaked a few years ago and it looked wonderful.The Miami shows werent that good, due to the late starts probably, lots of people had left the show by the time the last segment began, since it was a pretty small arena, the empty seats were very noticeable, that's probably why she chose to go the Ciao Italia route.Keep in mind that ever since the Confessions tour where they filmed two shows plus a whole show without audience just for close ups, she chose places with multiple shows for the dvd(in Buenos Aires they did the wide and long takes the first two dates, and all the close ones the last two shows).So everything on the MDNA dvd was her choice or vision i guess(filters, super quick shots, no close ups, all those really messy grainy takes)...Having watched the S&S pro shot footage from Lisbon, i kinda miss that live concert feel, i do love the editing on the S&S dvd though, shame about the audio/dubbed vocalsBTW, here's some of the unedited Miami footage i mentioned before

That's why I think there was more than one team shooting, or difference sources of footage for Miami. 

Yes, those unedited pieces look fantastic, steady, centered, professional, big. But A LOT of the Miami shots on the DVD look absolutely awful, like shot with a camcorder on a tripod. Take for instance on GMAYL when Madonna is walking down the stairs singing the first verse. 

For me, the MDNA Tour was the best edition of a DVD, honestly. It's the only Madonna show I watch from the first second to the last without a break. The show itself isn't that good, when we see we had Sticky & Sweet, Confessions and Re-Ivention before it, we see lack of some songs and some of the mixes are bad or sounds old (specially Papa Don't Preach, Express Yourself and Like a Prayer), and the energy of the show dies in the 3rd song (Gang Bang). Even with all that negative points, they did an impressive work with that shots.But, talking about negative points, I'd like to mention that the quick takes in the first act makes my eyes get tired in I Don't Give A, but that's okay, it still a great edition. The only point I think was really REALLY bad on that DVD was the LAV/LS moment, in black and white and that pictures invading the screen. I guess no one liked it, 'cause it feels like you're losing many details of the show, in this case, the colors and parts where something is happening on the stage but you can't see it because there is stupid pictures stealing the scene.And about the Rebel Heart Tour shoot, I don't mind where it's filmed as long as it's filmed and released.

The bad footage it's from fan-videos, I remember that before the recording in Miami, Madonna's staff asked fans to record and send them so they could use in the final DVD, that's why M posted on Instagram: "a lot of color correction" when she was editing the DVD. They were all from different sources, shaky, not centered, noisy, and the list goes on and on.