Singapore - February 28th

filmmann

People finding out its not 1990 anymore lol. I think its partly that she matured and is willing to show respect for rules she doesnt believe in (which is fine)Frankly im still more concerned about her making easy cash with buffonery like mdna skin.

Exactly!! Thank you! I was about to say pretty much the same thing. She's not the same person as she was 16 years ago. She's matured and has said herself that she can't stand to watch Truth Or Dare as she hated how she was in it. People evolve, she is no different.

I've loved the unpredictable set list on this tour. It's kept things fresh and exciting. So she left out 3 songs - big deal! It means she gets to perform in a country she's never visited before. That's fantastic for her fans in Singapore and I'm happy for them.Anyone saying she's just about the money, needs to remember that Live Nation underwrites the tour, not Madonna. Her contract was signed ages ago. They decide where she performs and they expect to see a return on their investment. How childishly petulant would she have been to refuse an entire show for the sake of 3 songs?!

In my opinion Madonna accept Singapore law is not for the easy money or she is 60 year old.

she did it because it's the best way to show these stupid government's rules are how much ridiculous and joke.

I know her wicked sense of humor and I bet that She find out that this is the one of best joke all the time.

Thinks about it.

Singapore government did not allowed to perform songs with religious references (cross for iconic, holy water and devil pray). But they are no problem with sexual references.

How ridiculous they are!

the best part was that Iconic performance. they did not allow that dancers bring cross stick but clearly there's is cross sticks in that HUGE background screen video!! LOL 

I bet that Madonna find out this is so funny to show to the whole world.

Exactly!! Thank you! I was about to say pretty much the same thing. She's not the same person as she was 16 years ago. She's matured and has said herself that she can't stand to watch Truth Or Dare as she hated how she was in it. People evolve, she is no different.

Oops, I can't count. I meant 26 years, not 16 years..... :-)

this isn't the first time she's censored herself btw, remember the black bars over nipples in Justify My Love for Celebration DVD and pulling the American Life video? Lets not forget the censored version of Live to Tell on the TV Broadcasts of Confessions Tour?

Cutting three songs out of 1 show on a world tour hardly qualifies as a disappointment or being hypocritical. But as this is the internet there will always be some attention seeking drama queens who like to bitch about anything until the next meltdown happens

Those who criticize Madonna may want to reconsider where they stand as a fan  

Well yeah, rebels break contracts after all. 

She swore not to play St.Petersburg after the repressive laws there.

Rebel Heart already? Really? What a fucking joke M

I just wish she hadnt played here and stuck to her beliefs on censorship and freedom of speech but I guess the money and contract were more tempting.

I'd rather cancel my show than change it. - Madonna, 1990

Thats just lazy on their part and that actually dissapoints me more. They couldve replaced the crosses. Thats way more lame than cutting holy water and even devil pray

Freddy.........I´m not changing  my fuckin show :smokey:

It is very upsetting to see this. Madonna was not to blame here. She decided to make the sacrifice of changing the show so these people could see her. Honestly, it was big of her. She respected the country and still gave a hell of a show.

Is there someone here who understand why Iconic was cut ? The only religious reference is the cross we can see in the backdrop and on the "spears" of the dancers. They had some without the cross durint the intro, so why did they cut Iconic.That said I'm happy M did perform In Singapore, for her fans even if she had to cut some songs :)Anyway I find the entrance of Singapore quite Iconic. The religious silence there is when the cage is here, and there's just M on the stage until the cage open...