Singapore - February 28th

filmmann

Those who criticize Madonna may want to reconsider where they stand as a fan  

I think most people are here to talk about an artist's work not to worship some celeb. I honestly will never understand why people get worked up when a fan criticizes an artist, I don't think those people know what art is about.

They are no different to me than blind haters on gossip sites and tabloids. It's irrational.

I think most people are here to talk about an artist's work not to worship some celeb. I honestly will never understand why people get worked up when a fan criticizes an artist, I don't think those people know what art is about.

They are no different to me than blind haters on gossip sites and tabloids. It's irrational.

Wait. they had replacement sticks and Iconic was still cut? what in the actual fuck

Even though her entrance feels anticlimatic, Bitch I'm Madonna works better as an intro song and Burning Up as the second song lol

Iconic was cut because of the literal definition of the word "Icon". The word means: a painting of Jesus Christ or another holy figure, typically in a traditional style on wood, venerated and used as an aid to devotion in the Byzantine and other Eastern Churches.

Though it also means a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol of something.

But in the eyes of Singapore, the first definition is the only one they saw.

Iconic was cut because of the literal definition of the word "Icon". The word means: a painting of Jesus Christ or another holy figure, typically in a traditional style on wood, venerated and used as an aid to devotion in the Byzantine and other Eastern Churches.

Though it also means a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol of something.

But in the eyes of Singapore, the first definition is the only one they saw.

This is real? 

Singapore government cut that song because of that meaning? 

Jesus fucking christ!! what a fucked up country.

I like you.

You're smart.  :thumbsup:

Honestly, I think Madonna's at the point in her career where she has nothing to prove and we all know she has artistic vision.  She decided to thank her fans in Asian countries that she's never been before because this might be their once in a lifetime chance to see her.  Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to travel, so I think it's nice that she was willing to do this for those fans who live in Singapore.  It's clear from her sold out show she has many.

With all the treats and more relaxed, intimate chat this tour, I think it's her way of saying thanks and she finally appreciates us and doesn't just take it all for granted.

Those who criticize Madonna may want to reconsider where they stand as a fan  

Also I think you need to remember that because you don't agree with everything Madonna does doesn't make you any less of a fan, I think being a fan is not agreeing with everything she does personally as i've said before I don't agree with the Signapore concert because she censored herself I am pleased the Singapore fans got to see her but because i've criticized her I don't think I need to re-evaluate my status as a fan

Yeah, but, it's always the same story: it depends of the kind of criticism, some negative comments posted in this thread are contructive, rational and argued and that's just ok, you can admire an artist without agreeing on everything he/she does, it's not a problem!

But, on the other hand, some negative comments sound just immature and thoughtless...one wonders if those who wrote them have ever heard about Singapore's legislation once in their life...

So, obviously some people get worked up! That's a natural reaction!

How many times I've read in this thread this stupid example about her quote from BAT in Toronto, is this supposed to be a clever and rational thinking, honestly?   -_-

How many times I've read in this thread this stupid exemple about her quote from BAT in Toronto, is this supposed to be a clever and rational thinking, honestly?   -_-

I think what people fail to realise when they quote that clip, is that whilst Truth or Dare was a ground-breaking behind the scenes movie, it is still a movie.  Like all reality TV/films/documentaries things are taken to a more extreme level to make good watching.  I'm sure if the cameras weren't rolling when the Toronto police came backstage, there would have been a much more thoughtful response, maybe something not so quotable.

I think what people fail to realise when they quote that clip, is that whilst Truth or Dare was a ground-breaking behind the scenes movie, it is still a movie.  Like all reality TV/films/documentaries things are taken to a more extreme level to make good watching.  I'm sure if the cameras weren't rolling when the Toronto police came backstage, there would have been a much more thoughtful response, maybe something not so quotable.

She's a lot more responsible towards her actions now than she was back then and her goal is not to shock people for the sake of it. So... Those fans don't have the right to be upset because they are the ones who give power to politicians and to an organized religion that "enslave" them to a state where freedom of expression is not allowed in 2016. I know, a bit harsh, but the day the people take away the power they give to religion and take responsibility for what happens in politics, they will be able to complain... I think she's proven herself 5000x over the course of her career. And given its her first ever concert in Singapore - why disappoint Fans by canceling - who may never have another opportunity to have her tour there?  What I find funny is how a supposedly democratic country has even less freedom than other countries. Singaporeans will get on their high horse to say what a great free country they have and yet there are so many laws restricting their freedoms. Petty things like you can't chew gums. I guess you get the politicians or policies you deserve because you voted for them.

Honestly, I think Madonna's at the point in her career where she has nothing to prove and we all know she has artistic vision.  She decided to thank her fans in Asian countries that she's never been before because this might be their once in a lifetime chance to see her.  Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to travel, so I think it's nice that she was willing to do this for those fans who live in Singapore.  It's clear from her sold out show she has many.

With all the treats and more relaxed, intimate chat this tour, I think it's her way of saying thanks and she finally appreciates us and doesn't just take it all for granted.

She skipped Korea...what about all of her fans there? It's a hop, skip and a jump from Japan. Would have been no problem.

She skipped Korea...what about all of her fans there? It's a hop, skip and a jump from Japan. Would have been no problem.

That's Live Nation's problem, not hers.  Maybe the market wasn't there, maybe it wasn't logistically possible.  Who knows.

I love how everyone describes all of Oceania as a "hop skip" when Asia to Australia is a 10 hour flight and all of the equipment is moved around by cargo planes.  The fact is it's very expensive production wise and security wise to even be going there at all.  We should be grateful for what we get.

is anyone able to save this? @@Frank?

Bitch I’m Madonna & Burning Up  - Singapore pro-shot

http://video.toggle.sg/en/video/clips/madonna-bitch-i-m-madonna-burning-up/377177

UPDATE: and this :)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/madonna-s-rebel-heart/2556880.html

Bro, u know u can always count on me. UPLOADING!!!!.

Btw, this pic looks stunning!!:

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/articles/2016/02/29/pzmadonna29.jpg

Posted Image

Bro, u know u can always count on me. UPLOADING!!!!.

Btw, this pic looks stunning!!:

http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/articles/2016/02/29/pzmadonna29.jpg

Posted Image

So here they are those two brolls and also the Singapore files i got from YouTube, some pretty cool ones:

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Bitch Im Madonna is such a better opener. 

And ......Madonna compromises now. It's not a weakness, it's a strength. She also doesn't have anything to prove by being provacative just for the sake of being provocative. Her business doesn't rely on shock anymore and hasn't for a while. While I love 90s Madonna just as much as anyone, she's not that person anymore. And also, she obviously knew ahead of time Singapore may have issues with parts of the show and she and her crew had time to change some things. Blond Ambition (Toronto), forgive me if Im wrong, but they approached her right before the show. She's already dressed and ready for stage. No one changes their show right before showtime. Thats how people get pulled down stairs by capes.