Can we make our own GHV2?

blohan

I don't know if anyone can do this but I think we should fix GHV2, I don't have many complaints about the tracklist, most of those songs had to be included, with the exception of Don't Cry For Me Argentina and Drowned World. Fever edit one, Rain and Bad Girl should have been included, but they should be remastered.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've done it like this:

1. This Used To Be My Playground

2. Erotica

3. Deeper and Deeper

4. Rain

5. Secret

6. Take A Bow

7. Bedtime Story

8. Human Nature

9. You'll See

10. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix Edit)

11. Frozen

12. Ray Of Light

13. The Power of Goodbye

14. Beautiful Stranger

15. Music

16. Don't Tell Me

17. What It Feels Like For A Girl

I think the same about the chronological order. That's what I don't like about "GHV2" and "Celebration". I think that good be good to see the evolution from "Everybody" to "Revolver" and I think that some 80's hits sound horrible next to 90 or 00 hits on their original version.

About the tracklist I would say:

01. This used to be my playground

02. Erotica

03. Deeper and deeper

04. I'll remember

05. Secret

06. Take a bow

07. You'll see

08. You must love me

09. Frozen

10. Ray of light

11. Beautiful stranger

12. American pie

13. Music

14. Don't tell me

I've chosen the 14 songs I think were more important those years. I mean, I love "Bad Girl" or "Human nature" but I don't see them as big hits for the general public. About "Don't cry for me, Argentina", I like the Miami mix but I don't see it as part of an album with just album versions.

What I've never understood is why they decided to include a censored version of "Human nature". I remember that it was said because they didn't want the "Parental advisory" sticker on it but my question is "Why doesn't "Bedtime stories" (the album) had that sticker?

Someone wrote about a "Celebration" track list... I have mine very clear so if people wants to write it too here I will do too.

I just love these topics!! I'm very curious about your Celebration tracklist scamper, but maybe we should open another topic for that. I also got my own Celebration tracklist.

Anyway, thinking about GHV2. I always thought it should include the megamix. The problem with this compilation is the huge amount of ballads she had in the 90'ties, wich were onmitted on this compilation. My own tracklist would be something like this:

01- This Used To Be My Playground (it was number one for godssake)

02- Erotica

03- Deeper And Deeper

04- I'll Remember

05- Secret

06- Take A Bow

07- You'll See

08- You Must Love Me

09- Don't Cry For Me Argentina

10- Frozen

11- Ray Of Light

12- The Power of Goodbye

13- Beautiful Stranger

14- American Pie

15- Music

16- Don't Tell Me

17- What It Feels Like For A Girl

18- GHV2 Megamix

I like Bad Girl, Rain & Bedtime Story better than WIFLFAG, but if you include the megamix it should be on there. Indeed (and i love Madonna's ballads) there are way to much on it for a compilation in my tracklist, but these were the greatest hits, am i right??

I also love the heavy pictures booklet, great concept. I only never understood why they werent only pictures from her 1992/2001 period, but also before that. That concept would have fit better on the Celebration compilation. But hey, the artwork on Celebration is one of the few things that's good on that compilation. I'll stop b****ing now.

I'm actually working on designing one. I had this idea of using the DVD release of DWT and the release of GHV2 for cross promotion. The whole packaging and design would be inspired by the video backdrop for Paradise (Not for Me) and the Geisha section from DWT. The song would be included as bonus track and released as a single for promo.

Front Booklet:

Posted Image

Inside view - not finished:

Posted Image

Back:

Posted Image

Your artwork is fantastic! Really great job.

I was going to make some for mine but i've been to lazy 😴 LOL

My GHV2:

1.This Used To Be My Playground

2.Erotica

3.Deeper And Deeper

4.Rain

5.Secret

6.Take A Bow

7.Bedtime Story

8.You'll See

9.Frozen

10.Ray Of Light

11.The Power Of Goodbye

12.Nothing Really Matters

13.Beautiful Stranger

14.American Pie

15.Music

16.Don't Tell Me

17.What It Feels Like For A Girl

My Celebration:

Standard-

1.Holiday

2.Like A Virgin

3.Into The Groove

4.Crazy For You

5.Live To Tell

6.Papa Don't Preach

7.Like A Prayer

8.Express Yourself

9.Vogue

10.Justify My Love

11.Deeper And Deeper

12.Secret

13.You'll See

14.Frozen

15.Ray Of Light

16.Music

17.Die Another Day

18.Hung Up

19.4 Minutes

20.Celebration

2 disc version-

Disk 1-

1.Holiday

2.Borderline

3.Like A Virgin

4.Material Girl

5.Into The Groove

6.Crazy For You

7.Live To Tell

8.Papa Don't Preach

9.La Isla Bonita

10.Who's That Girl

11.Like A Prayer

12.Express Yourself

13.Cherish

14.Vogue

15.Justify My Love

16.Erotica

17.Deeper And Deeper

18.Rain

19.Secret

Disk 2-

1.Take A Bow

2.Bedtime Story

3.You'll See

4.Frozen

5.Ray Of Light

6.The Power Of Goodbye

7.Nothing Really Matters

8.Beautiful Stranger

9.Music

10.Don't Tell Me

11.What It Feels Like For A Girl

12.Die Another Day

13.Hollywood

14.Hung Up

15.Sorry

16.4 Minutes

17.Give It To Me

18.It's So Cool

19.Celebration

I based these on a mix of my likes, commercial successes and what i think the general public would most likely be tempted to go for. Some songs i really like were cut to make way for moren obvious choices i guess.

😀😀😀😀😀😀

Maybe one day I'll bother making some artwork. 😀

I think the same about the chronological order. That's what I don't like about "GHV2" and "Celebration". I think that good be good to see the evolution from "Everybody" to "Revolver" and I think that some 80's hits sound horrible next to 90 or 00 hits on their original version.

About the tracklist I would say:

01. This used to be my playground

02. Erotica

03. Deeper and deeper

04. I'll remember

05. Secret

06. Take a bow

07. You'll see

08. You must love me

09. Frozen

10. Ray of light

11. Beautiful stranger

12. American pie

13. Music

14. Don't tell me

I've chosen the 14 songs I think were more important those years. I mean, I love "Bad Girl" or "Human nature" but I don't see them as big hits for the general public. About "Don't cry for me, Argentina", I like the Miami mix but I don't see it as part of an album with just album versions.

What I've never understood is why they decided to include a censored version of "Human nature". I remember that it was said because they didn't want the "Parental advisory" sticker on it but my question is "Why doesn't "Bedtime stories" (the album) had that sticker?

Someone wrote about a "Celebration" track list... I have mine very clear so if people wants to write it too here I will do too.

I've been struggling with GHV2 for months now after I rediscovered, thinking how could it have been better?? Etc, and I came to several conclusions, first her 90's music is so eclectic that even coming up with the actual GHV2 that was released must have been a huge challenge, it works better in non-chronological order taking into account the different styles of music and the transitions, and also most of her seminal 90's songs, artistically speaking, were not hits, but they have to be included everywhere. They just have to. That is why Bedtime Story and Human Nature were included.

My first version I simply took out Don't Cry For Me Argentina and replaced it with Fever (Edit One) but I recently heard again Bad Girl and Rain, and they just have to be included, they are too great not to. So my current GHV2 is:

Bad Girl

Deeper And Deeper

Erotica

Human Nature (video version)

Fever Edit One

Secret

Bedtime Story

The Power Of Goodbye

Beautiful Stranger

Frozen

Rain Video Edit

Take A Bow

Ray Of Light

Don't Tell Me

What It Feels Like For A Girl

Music

At 16 songs it's too long I think but those are the songs impossible to ignore for me. They are all artistically seminal. All of them. Including What It Feels Like For A Girl. 

1. Erotica [Radio Edit]2. Deeper And Deeper [7" Edit]3. Bad Girl [Radio Edit]4. Fever [Edit One]5. Rain [Video Edit]6. This Used To Be My Playground [barcelona Gold Edit]7. Secret [Radio Edit]8. Take A Bow9. Bedtime Story [Album Edit]10. Human Nature [Video Edit]11. You Must Love Me [single Version]12. Frozen [Radio Edit]13. Ray Of Light [Radio Edit]14. The Power Of Goodbye15. Nothing Really Matters 16. Music 17. Don't Tell Me [Radio Edit]18. What It Feels Like For A Girl [Above & Beyond Radio Edit]GHV2 Remixed:1. Erotica (William Orbit 12" Mix)2. Deeper And Deeper (Shep's Classic 12" Mix)3. Fever (Murk Boys Deep South Mix)4. Secret (Junior's Sound Factory Mix)5. Take A Bow (Indasoul Mix)6. Bedtime Story (Junior's Sound Factory Mix)7. Human Nature (Howie Tee Remix)8. Frozen (Stereo MC's Mix)9. Ray Of Light (William Orbit Liquid Mix)10. The Power Of Goodbye (Dallas Low End Mix)11. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Radio Mix)12. Music (Calderone Anthem Mix)13. Don't Tell Me (Thunderpuss Hands In The Air Anthem Mix)14. What It Feels Like For A Girl (Paul Oakenfold Perfecto Remix)

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Stevie JW,I really like your Celebration tracklist, but i don't think 19 tracks will fit on a cd. So here's my try, with the same criteria you used. There are some differences.Disc 1:01) Everybody02) Holiday 03) Like a Virgin 04) Material Girl 05) Into The Groove06) Crazy For You 07) Live To Tell 08) Papa Don't Preach 09) Open Your Heart10) Who's That Girl 11) Like a Prayer 12) Express Yourself 13) Vogue14) Justify My Love 15) Erotica 16) Deeper And Deeper 17) This Used 2B My Playground 18) I'll Remember Disc 2:01) Secret 02) Take a Bow 03) You'll See 04) Don't Cry 4 Me Argentina 05) Frozen 06) Ray Of Light 07) Beautiful Stranger 08) American Pie 09) Music 10) Don't Tell Me 11) Die Another Day12) American Life 13) Hung Up 14) Sorry 15) 4 Minutes 16) Give It 2 Me 17) Broken (I'm Sorry)18) Celebration

01 This Used to be My Playground (Single Version)
02 Erotica (Album Version)
03 Deeper and Deeper (Album Edit)
04 Rain (Radio Remix)
05 Secret (Radio Edit)
06 Take a Bow (Edit)
07 Human Nature (Radio Edit) or Human Nature (Howie Tee Clean Remix Radio Edit)
08 Bedtime Story (Edit Version)
09 You Must Love Me (Single Version)
10 Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Miami Mix Edit)
11 Frozen (Edit Version)
12 Ray of Light (Radio Edit Version)
13 Drowned World / Substitute for Love (Radio Edit)
14 The Power of Good-bye (Album Version)
15 Beautiful Stranger (Radio Version)
16 Music (Album Version)
17 Don't Tell Me (Radio Edit)
18 What it Feels Like for a Girl (Above & Beyond Club Radio Edit)

I'm actually working on designing one. I had this idea of using the DVD release of DWT and the release of GHV2 for cross promotion. The whole packaging and design would be inspired by the video backdrop for Paradise (Not for Me) and the Geisha section from DWT. The song would be included as bonus track and released as a single for promo.

Front Booklet:

Posted Image

Inside view  - not finished:

Posted Image

Back:

Posted Image

So, my tracklist would be:

[*]Erotica [Radio Edit]

[*]Fever [Edit One - Video Version]

[*]Human Nature [Video Version]

[*]Don't Tell Me [Radio Edit]

[*]Secret [Edit]

[*]Rain [Remix Edit]

[*]Ray of Light [Edit - with laughing outro]

[*]Beautiful Stranger [W/O Radio Edit]

[*]American Pie

[*]Music [Edit w/o Intro]

[*]Deeper and Deeper [7" Edit]

[*]Don't Cry for Me Argentina [Miami Mix Edit]

[*]You'll See [Edit]

[*]Frozen [Edit]

[*]Take a Bow [Edit]

[*]The Power of Good-Bye

[*]Bedtime Story

[*]Nothing Really Matters [Edit]

[*]Paradise (Not for Me) [Edit]

The album, sadly exceed the maximum length :( So, Paradise would have to be removed. I didn't put I'll Remember and TUTBMP on there bc adding them would make STR pointless. I also feel that this selection does not only focus on her biggest HITS, because she wasn't THAT successful in the 90's but rather on her most memorable moments from that decade.

This artwork and tracklist is near perfect to me!!

I'm pretty sure the tracklist was not chonological and many ballads were left out because she had just scored one of her biggest dance hits ever so they did not want to showcase her slow side again that was covered with Something To Remember.

I would also guess that they did not want to open the set with Erotica. Plus they explained why American Pie was cut so I'd say the only real issue was the lack of new songs, they had so many Music outtakes for God's sake...

1. This Used to Be My Playground

2. Erotica

3. Deeper and Deeper

4. Fever

5. Rain

6. I'll Remember

7. Secret

8. Take a Bow

9. You'll See

10. Don't Cry for Me Argentina

11. Frozen

12. Ray of Light

13. The Power of Goodbye

14. Nothing Really Matters

15. Beautiful Stranger

16. American Pie

17. -NEW SONG-

1. This Used to Be My Playground

2. Erotica

3. Deeper and Deeper

4. Fever

5. Rain

6. I'll Remember

7. Secret

8. Take a Bow

9. You'll See

10. Don't Cry for Me Argentina

11. Frozen

12. Ray of Light

13. The Power of Goodbye

14. Nothing Really Matters

15. Beautiful Stranger

16. American Pie

17. -NEW SONG-

I see you. ;P

• 1 year later...

Just like "The Immaculate Collection" and "Celebration", I made up my own version of "GHV2" as well. As this album covers my favorite Madonna era and contains much more hit-and-miss compared to "The Immaculate Collection", I hate the original one and don't even include it on my iPod and phone.

So, here is my version of "GHV2". Because I like the sequencing of the tracks on the original one (following the order of the eras and shuffling the songs within their own timeframes), I followed a similar approach to it: 

1. Deeper and Deeper (7'' Edit)

2. Erotica (Radio Edit)

3. Bedtime Story (Edit)

4. Bad Girl (Edit)

5. Human Nature (Radio Version)

6. You'll See (Edit)

7. Take a Bow (Edit)

8. Secret (Edit)

9. Rain (Remix Edit)

10. Don't Cry for Me Argentina (Radio Edit)

11. Ray of Light (Radio Edit with Original Outro)

12. Beautiful Stranger (William Orbit Radio Edit)

13. Frozen (Edit with Long Intro)

14. Don't Tell Me (Radio Edit with Fading Outro)

15. The Power of Good-Bye (Radio Edit)

16. Nothing Really Matters (Edit)

17. What It Feels like for a Girl (Video Remix)

18. Music

And this is the cover I found on the Internet and made the "official" cover:

n5r7lh.jpg