Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

i am not sure where this "it needs to be from one show only" mentality comes from.

back in the day, montages were not so easy, now you can play around with effects, creating the best performance, even if it never happened that way.

i am sure if they just had one complete and consistent show people would criticize that there were imperfections.

you can never win.

it's about the artistic and creative vision of the people creating art. it's not about giving people an ordered product.

you may dislike that, ok. but then, please stick to the bootlegs. imperfections included; or stick to the 80s and a part of the 90s.

or better yet, enjoy the live show without watching it on the cell phone/mobile screen. live, sweat, tears, imperfections, consistency, ONE show.

i'd rather have a product that the artist envisioned to create than demand and demand and demand. and nag.

*boring*

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she just added the MDNA concert film cause she directed W.E. the year before so she thought she should edit her concert as well. She's not stupid, I bet she heard about the reviews, that most of the people think she did a bad job. The sound quality is just terrible cause they edited the sound from the Paris show and the Miami shows. They should chose one city to record the dvd in.

I think if it's not going to be filmed in Mexico, it's gonna be in Australia, maybe Melbourne, I don't really think she's going to chose any asian date, because they're kind of cold. So, "Latinos do it better"

Considering the less than overwhelming reception in Australia it'll look like any other show in North America.

i am not sure what this "it needs to be from one show only" mentality comes from.

back in the day, montages were not so easy, now you can play around with effects, creating the best performance, even if it never happened that way.

i am sure if they just had one complete and consistent show people would criticize that there were imperfections.

you can never win.

it's about the artistic and creative vision of the people creating art. it's not about giving people an ordered product.

you may dislike that, ok. but then, please stick to the bootlegs. imperfections included; or stick to the 80s and a part of the 90s.

or better yet, enjoy the live show without watching it on the cell phone/mobile screen. live, sweat, tears, imperfections, consistency, ONE show.

i'd rather have a product that the artist envisioned to create than demand and demand and demand. and nag.

*boring*

^ This.

I don't get why fans hate the special effects so much.. If this is not art, then I don't know what it is

Posted Image

Posted Image

But I agree that the DVD audio could have been done much better, especially after the amazing Confessions and Sticky & Sweet DVDs  :1f614:

^ This.

I don't get why fans hate the special effects so much.. If this is not art, then I don't know what it is

Posted Image

Posted Image

But I agree that the DVD audio could have been done much better, especially after the amazing Confessions and Sticky & Sweet DVDs :1f614:

I liked the MDNA Tour's effects but the still shots during Love Spent were just pointless. Weren't they the ones in the booklet?

I completely agree....I'd rather have a montage of shows so they can edit out any fuck ups and capture the show the way she intended it to be seen, with minimal errors.  And as far as the criticism of the overly edited concert films since Confessions--I love them, it takes concert films to a whole new level.  you want a more "live" feel, go to the show.  then I want the filmed version with the effects & some overdubs if needed in all its overproduced glory (S&S I agree was a bit much with the overdubs, & could've been mixed a bit better, yes).  Madonna is a visual artist who has always embraced cutting edge/current technology with everything in her career, so this is just Madonna in 2015. She doesn't make as many videos anymore, this is her new video platform in a way, so don't complain.  Yes, maybe a live feed of one show on Yahoo would be fun too, but not for the DVD version.

^ This.

Posted Image

Posted Image

But I agree that the DVD audio could have been done much better, especially after the amazing Confessions and Sticky & Sweet DVDs  :1f614:

Totally agree.  I go to the concert for the live experience and I want to DVD to be edited like a film.  Absolutely luved the last 3 tours filming.  Just watched taylors's 1989 tour directed by Jonas Akerland. Amazing and totally edited.  Somebodys been watching some of Madonnas concert dvds I would say.

I've said this before but I think it would be great if we had 3 different versions (which I know would never happen): 1) super-edited movie version a la MDNA 2) a head-on static shot of the stage as if you were in the front row and the camera never cuts away and 3) a choose-your-own adventure version where you can pick 1 of 10 strategically placed different camera angles and you can switch to whatever angle you want when you want. 

OMFG the same thing happened to me in Glasgow but i was told that by buying a ticket i had given my consent and didnt have to sign anything even though i asked for something to sign, hopefully it will be better than MDNA, and she should add the extra performances and backdrops on to the dvd as well

OMFG the same thing happened to me in Glasgow but i was told that by buying a ticket i had given my consent and didnt have to sign anything even though i asked for something to sign, hopefully it will be better than MDNA, and she should add the extra performances and backdrops on to the dvd as well

she's not kylie minogue

not so generous XD

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic