Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are planning use this video to promote the DVD, like they did with Holiday with Drowned world tour 2001

They usually release one or two performances as videos, they just don't get much attention. From CT Jump was shown on tv a few times, from S&ST they used Into The Groove, from MDNAT they used Vogue as some online videos.

the era isn't finished until the dvd is released,i would love a live video release, maybe unapologetic bitch as a b side if a single is in the works to show the rebel and the not taking yourself seriously sides?

Re-Invention World Tour taking forever then cause I am not accepting I'm Going To Tell You A Secret as a release.

since the confessions tour, the concert DVDs have been either self-produced and edited by Madonna's choice of director and editors, or "sold" as a concert film to various broadcasting companies. These tours also had cellular and/or liquor companies as sponsors, whereas the Blknd Ambition Tour had 3 different shows "sold" for live broadcast in the Japanese, North American and European markets. Pioneer was the sponsor, so there was an official laserdisc-only release in the US, and Laserdisc and VHS officially released in Japan, the production of the Nice Show, for instance, was produced by HBO. Then, with the Truth Or Dare documentary being a completely independent, separate release, the shows filmed for that release would be the only Madonna-produced footage, which then went to Miramax after the distribution deal of the film was sealed.

The Girlie Show and Drowned World Tours were also produced with HBO (a TimeWarner owned company) so the sponsorships and broadcast rights were less red tape to cut through for Dvd releases. The Re-Invention tour was filmed and produced for broadcast on the CBS network, and for whatever reason(s) the deal was scrapped. Again, a self-produced filming of separate shows for the "I'm going to tell you a secret" doc were used, independent of any intended broadcast rights by CBS (but since the IGTTYAS doc WAS broadcast on MTV, owned by CBS' parent company Viacom, there was surely some exclusivity as part of the scrapped concert special)

Confessions, Sticky and Sweet, MDNA, were filmed and produced for dvd release, preceded by various broadcast rights In different markets globally.

Selling a "concert film" for broadcast is a lot easier to negotiate than a live broadcast with any number of issues that could cause an interruption/cancellation of the broadcast.

The Rebel Heart Tohr will be sold , and most likely broadcast somewhere, simply because she paid to film and edit it. Live Nation isn't gonna let it slip through the cracks, but that could also mean there's no physical release, but that's beside the point... The only evidence we have is there will be a release.

Now that we know that every show, ever, has been preserved somewhere, and WB even had test in-house copies for reference, it seems like the likelihood of getting shows of past tours on DVD at some point.

But then again...Contracts and ownership of the footage, not to mention getting clearance for samples used on tour mixes etc, takes time and money....and attorneys. Let's face it, Madonna lets Guy Oseary worry about those details, and if it's not profitable, it's not going to be a priority.

Thanks for this. 

since the confessions tour, the concert DVDs have been either self-produced and edited by Madonna's choice of director and editors, or "sold" as a concert film to various broadcasting companies. These tours also had cellular and/or liquor companies as sponsors, whereas the Blknd Ambition Tour had 3 different shows "sold" for live broadcast in the Japanese, North American and European markets. Pioneer was the sponsor, so there was an official laserdisc-only release in the US, and Laserdisc and VHS officially released in Japan, the production of the Nice Show, for instance, was produced by HBO. Then, with the Truth Or Dare documentary being a completely independent, separate release, the shows filmed for that release would be the only Madonna-produced footage, which then went to Miramax after the distribution deal of the film was sealed.The Girlie Show and Drowned World Tours were also produced with HBO (a TimeWarner owned company) so the sponsorships and broadcast rights were less red tape to cut through for Dvd releases. The Re-Invention tour was filmed and produced for broadcast on the CBS network, and for whatever reason(s) the deal was scrapped. Again, a self-produced filming of separate shows for the "I'm going to tell you a secret" doc were used, independent of any intended broadcast rights by CBS (but since the IGTTYAS doc WAS broadcast on MTV, owned by CBS' parent company Viacom, there was surely some exclusivity as part of the scrapped concert special)Confessions, Sticky and Sweet, MDNA, were filmed and produced for dvd release, preceded by various broadcast rights In different markets globally.Selling a "concert film" for broadcast is a lot easier to negotiate than a live broadcast with any number of issues that could cause an interruption/cancellation of the broadcast.The Rebel Heart Tohr will be sold , and most likely broadcast somewhere, simply because she paid to film and edit it. Live Nation isn't gonna let it slip through the cracks, but that could also mean there's no physical release, but that's beside the point... The only evidence we have is there will be a release.Now that we know that every show, ever, has been preserved somewhere, and WB even had test in-house copies for reference, it seems like the likelihood of getting shows of past tours on DVD at some point.But then again...Contracts and ownership of the footage, not to mention getting clearance for samples used on tour mixes etc, takes time and money....and attorneys. Let's face it, Madonna lets Guy Oseary worry about those details, and if it's not profitable, it's not going to be a priority.

Getting BAT, RIT, etc I'm sure would be a pain in the ass for them with everything involved so I get it. My realistic hopes are for CT and IGTTYAS on bluray though, or at least as a HD download. :thinker:

anyway Can't wait to watch RHT, no matter how it ends up being, its nice to see a new show officially.  :tongue:

Just to define an "expiry date" for the DVD:

END DATE                      RELEASE DATE                   BETWEEN THE TWO DATES

MDNA Tour                        22 December  2012          6 September 2013               (258 days)

Sticky & Sweet Tour             2 September 2009        26 March        2010               (205 days) 

Confessions Tour               21 September 2006        26 January     2007               (197 days)

Rebel Heart Tour               20  March        2016        Adding the maximum of days needed to the other DVDs (258 days): 3 December 2016

So...

if we don't get any concrete news until the end of 2016, then we should really worry. 

But... 

we can also consider that this is the first time that summer comes after the end of the tour.

This may result in a longer waiting, as Madonna is clearly not working now.

(But maybe she makes just a final check on the way the technicians have worked on the DVD).

Just to define an "expiry date" for the DVD: END DATE RELEASE DATE BETWEEN THE TWO DATESMDNA Tour 22 December 2012 6 September 2013 (258 days)Sticky & Sweet Tour 2 September 2009 26 March 2010 (205 days) Confessions Tour 21 September 2006 26 January 2007 (197 days)Rebel Heart Tour 20 March 2016 Adding the maximum of days needed to the other DVDs (258 days): 3 December 2016So...if we don't get any concrete news until the end of 2016, then we should really worry. But... we can also consider that this is the first time that summer comes after the end of the tour.This may result in a longer waiting, as Madonna is clearly not working now.(But maybe she makes just a final check on the way the technicians have worked on the DVD).

that is what I am saying, she is clearly not working on the DVD or at least seems to be all over the world not bothered with this project, that is not like her and worries me a little

Just to define an "expiry date" for the DVD:

END DATE                      RELEASE DATE                   BETWEEN THE TWO DATES

MDNA Tour                        22 December  2012          6 September 2013               (258 days)

Sticky & Sweet Tour             2 September 2009        26 March        2010               (205 days) 

Confessions Tour               21 September 2006        26 January     2007               (197 days)

Rebel Heart Tour               20  March        2016        Adding the maximum of days needed to the other DVDs (258 days): 3 December 2016

are you counting the release date, or the TV premiere date? that was way earlier for those releases, and the video was ready by then.

also, Sticky &Sweet Tour is basically just the 2008 show, so I'd count since the last Brazil concert.

that is what I am saying, she is clearly not working on the DVD or at least seems to be all over the world not bothered with this project, that is not like her and worries me a little

Do people actually think she sits down to edit it herself? Girlfriend can't even upload pics to her camera roll for instagram  :lol:

I'm sure she aproves edits and gives specific suggestions and she can do that anywhere. Look at those leaked videos from MDNA Tour when she's chatting on Skype about the editing of the Best Friend interlude. She was very hands on but she was just watching an edit and giving instructions on Skype.

Do people actually think she sits down to edit it herself? Girlfriend can't even upload pics to her camera roll for instagram  :lol:

I'm sure she aproves edits and gives specific suggestions and she can do that anywhere. Look at those leaked videos from MDNA Tour when she's chatting on Skype about the editing of the Best Friend interlude. She was very hands on but she was just watching an edit and giving instructions on Skype.

I wanna see that video lol

that video is everything! When they're discussing the JML shoot and she asks if they shot any of the security camera's and the guy clearly doesn't feel like going through all the footage again and says they don't "hessitant on the no!" which basicly means "I don't believe you, now go and find me that shot"

Was she showing her boobies the entire tour? she wasn't on the opening North American leg was she? how very Girlie Show and never noticed but the clip had me pumped the other week!

Sasha showed her sashas on most of the tour. on some shows she wore someting just to cover the nipples, and on other dates, she wore a skin coloured bra.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic