Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion:

"Iconic" - Nice backdrop, nice song for the opening... bad and lazy choreography

"Bitch I'm Madonna" - wtf? Non sense... no connection... all wrong

"Burning Up" (Rock Version) - I like it....

"Holy Water" / "Vogue" -  HW was better than the original, cool choreography, but Vogue, the vocals in low key make me sad....

"Devil Pray" - the best song from RH for me, i expected so much from this ....and.... boring. She could make a LOT from this and made some trash presentation

"Messiah" - Beautiful 

"Body Shop" - trash , dated, boring

"True Blue" - fan song... i like it

"Deeper and Deeper" - Unnecessary

"HeartBreakCity" / "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" - The best part for me

"Like A Virgin" - I kinda  like it, but.... not so impressive 

SEX - Wtf? Big song with "that" backdrop and choreography? She can do it better

"Living For Love" - boring

"La Isla Bonita" - boring again

Flamengo Medley - Confused....

"Dress You Up"

"Into the Groove"

"Everybody"

"Lucky Star"

"Who's That Girl" - She could only have put this on e in place of whole medley

"Rebel Heart" - Theme song... i like it

Illuminati"  - It seems that will be cool when we can watch the official edition .

"Music"/"Give It 2 Me" - Boring

"Candy Shop" - Why God, Why? 

"Material Girl" - I don't like it...

"La Vie en Rose" - Hmmm.... for one single concert ok, for the whole tour dates, no. 

"Unapolegetic Bitch" - Nice song, nice beat....choreography and through simulations kind  embarrass me

"Holiday" - boring

My opinion:

"Iconic" - Nice backdrop, nice song for the opening... bad and lazy choreography

"Burning Up" (Rock Version) - I like it....

"Holy Water" / "Vogue" - HW was better than the original, cool choreography, but Vogue, the vocals in low key make me sad....

"Devil Pray" - the best song from RH for me, i expected so much from this ....and.... boring. She could make a LOT from this and made some trash presentation

"Messiah" - Beautiful

"Body Shop" - trash , dated, boring

"True Blue" - fan song... i like it

"Deeper and Deeper" - Unnecessary

"HeartBreakCity" / "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" - The best part for me

"Like A Virgin" - I kinda like it, but.... not so impressive

SEX - Wtf? Big song with "that" backdrop and choreography? She can do it better

"La Isla Bonita" - boring again

Flamengo Medley - Confused....

"Dress You Up"

"Into the Groove"

"Everybody"

"Lucky Star"

"Who's That Girl" - She could only have put this on e in place of whole medley

Illuminati" - It seems that will be cool when we can watch the official edition .

"Candy Shop" - Why God, Why?

"Material Girl" - I don't like it...

"La Vie en Rose" - Hmmm.... for one single concert ok, for the whole tour dates, no.

"Unapolegetic Bitch" - Nice song, nice beat....choreography and through simulations kind embarrass me

"Holiday" - boring

Did you attend?

"Like A Virgin" - I kinda  like it, but.... not so impressive 

"Holiday" - boring

:oi:

I am going to guess from these he didn't attend. Like a Virgin and Living for Love at the best examples of you had to be there, if so they were amazing. Literally those petals that feel during LFL were 3D - we had no glasses on and the energy of the remix. (I can agree the melody was crap lol) And than one of the few likes is Rebel Heart? that final version is so drab and boring and that was my bathroom song. But maybe he's just hard to please. 

Also Deeper and Deeper is NEVER unnecessary!

Same and I don't feel guilty and nothing about them sparked anything. But I mean don't get me wrong TorI Amos is my 2nd fav - her passion project and musical if where to tour North  America I wouldn't see it, it the same deal. But if someone got into it that's awesome. But I stuck with her for the acting but never could shake that wooden thing. Like I remember going to The Next Best Thing with my mom and thinking the next Julia Roberts finally,  well you know what went down. But she was even horrible in Dick Tracy and don't remember that til I saw later on.

BLASPHEMY  :angry:  :dead:

Would anyone purchase a digital download concert? I sure would! She could make a limited edition Blu-ray or something to drive the hardcores insane. 

again, the official source said the show was filmed for "a larger project". they didn't make it clear. it could be this exactly, i wouldn't mind at all.

Agree. Her not releasing the RHT dvd/br, that's the end of the world!!

I think BAT and RIT are more release-worthy. For me, the end of the world was her not touring Ray of Light/BS because right now it seems she may never do anything from those albums that she hasn't done on tour yet:

The Power of Good-Bye, Nothing Really Matters, Skin, THANTH, Shanti, all of BS...

I'm glad she pulled out a lot of AL on TOAC. An actual TOAC tour with proper production, etc and only album cuts or songs never done live would be a dream come true imo.

I could care less about RHT.

She pulled out Mer Girl for TOAC. #NeverForget  :hearteyes: and that version was MAGIC.

The only problem with TOAC was the lack of rehearsal. She had the lyrics printed right there but she didn't remember how the songs went, it was funny that it was unpolished (in a good way, natural and spontaneous) but this will probably mean she won't release the show for the GP. I hope portions of it will be released at least, or that she'll resurrect the idea of doing amazing album tracks for a conceptual mini tour in the future. It just gave me so much life, her look was great too, loved her eyebrows, very Erotica-era. I feel like a lot could be done with it, but since she did it at a sad time in her life who knows if she even wants to revisit it?:sad:

But anyways it has nothing to do with RH so we shouldn't bash one using the other. They're 2 very different things. Like if you dont care about RH then OK but we are waiting for the DVD. Having that doesn't mean we won't have other things also.  :wink:

She pulled out Mer Girl for TOAC. #NeverForget  :hearteyes: and that version was MAGIC.

The only problem with TOAC was the lack of rehearsal. She had the lyrics printed right there but she didn't remember how the songs went, it was funny that it was unpolished (in a good way, natural and spontaneous) but this will probably mean she won't release the show for the GP. I hope portions of it will be released at least, or that she'll resurrect the idea of doing amazing album tracks for a conceptual mini tour in the future. It just gave me so much life, her look was great too, loved her eyebrows, very Erotica-era. I feel like a lot could be done with it, but since she did it at a sad time in her life who knows if she even wants to revisit it? :sad:

But anyways it has nothing to do with RH so we shouldn't bash one using the other. They're 2 very different things. Like if you dont care about RH then OK but we are waiting for the DVD. Having that doesn't mean we won't have other things also.  :wink:

Mer Girl... that was so touching... As much as I really hope TOAC gets a physical or digital release, I'm quite sceptical.  I'd like to think that the only reason TOAC seems so quickly put together was Madonna's immense sadness she was feeling at that time.  That was a dark time for her, and it really showed during the RHT.  She was exhausted, voice completely shot and gone.  She just didn't seem as present as we've previously seen her. Listening to the Tokyo soundboards, it's quite evident that her family troubles took a huge impact on her professional life. For our sake, I hope we do see some form of release.  But i'm not holding my breath, seeing as I don't think M would want to go back to that tough time that inspired TOAC. Maybe I'm nuts. I can't wait for the dvd!!!

Someone saying the updated version of Deeper and Deeper was bad seriously needs to shut up :bothered2: All the older gays went nuts during that performance. Even if I myself was just a baby back in 1992 you could actually feel the gay disco vibe in the whole arena!

I didnt feel the Gay disco vibe, i felt what if Fonsy from Happy Days were a heartmelting Puerto Rican and he hit the juke box and BAM. *homovaries quiver*

The only problem with TOAC was the lack of rehearsal. She had the lyrics printed right there but she didn't remember how the songs went, it was funny that it was unpolished (in a good way, natural and spontaneous) but this will probably mean she won't release the show for the GP. I hope portions of it will be released at least, or that she'll resurrect the idea of doing amazing album tracks for a conceptual mini tour in the future. It just gave me so much life, her look was great too, loved her eyebrows, very Erotica-era. I feel like a lot could be done with it, but since she did it at a sad time in her life who knows if she even wants to revisit it? :sad:

You raise an interesting point about 

the lyrics being printed. I think that when Kylie did her Anti-Tour she had the same set up, and that tour, though supposedly filmed, has never been released, though all of her fans (myself included) would love to have it.

I'm not that overly bothered with the RHT. Probably due in part to me struggling with the actual RH album so I'm already not on to a winner with this tour. I dunno. I don't tend to think about the song choices, and whether they fit in a particular section, as deeply as some do, so that's not an issue.

I do think the clothing she wore was pretty awful except for the flapper gear - she looked awesome then. That first costume looked mega bulky and way too big. The rockabilly look just did nothing for me and the gypsy/Latin section, I thought the dress looked ratty and tatty like it was from a second hand/thrift store. SST may have had some bad costumes but not as many and when you compare the gypsy look she used on SST it's so much better than the RHT look.

I agree about the Dress You Up medley - I thought it was horrific and the songs or even just one song could have been done in a nicer way. Also, the tour was abundant with 80s hits but only Deeper And Deeper from the 90s. I think she should have done a 90s medley at the very least instead of the 80s one (but not in the latin/salsa style).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed some parts. True Blue was cute and definitely a high point for Me. Also I really liked Deeper And Deeper on the set list. It was great to hear her do it not in a remix of overly reinvented way as she hadn't performed a faithful to the original version before, so I really appreciated that.

I think the versions of the non RH tracks, on the whole weren't very inspired. They were TOO boring and sounded a lot like their original versions. I know I praised DAD for that, but that's only as I never heard the original version being performed live before.

I guess it's a hard balance for the reinvention thing. I know I read somewhere that she never wanted to perform songs live to sound like what you can buy on a CD, so she wanted to reinvent them. Looking back, SST kinda reinvented the songs too much and a lot (nearly all) became essentially songs by other artists with her singing over. They weren't actually reinventions, but straight up, in your face remixes. I think she got the balance right the best on the RIT and CT. The songs were recognisable but new and fresh sounding. SST - the songs weren't that noticeable. I was at the SST opening night and a few times I was thinking "what song is this supposed to be?" Lol. I feel with the RH tour she's at the other end of the scale from SST and it's too simple/boring. In my eyes anyway.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic