Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think she was in a bad place at the time with the whole Rocco incident maybe she doesn't want to be reminded of the time so hence the DVD will be cancelled

Well I've said this before, I agree. But not about the DVD being cancelled. I don't think Tears of a Clown will be released based on the dark times she was in when she created it. The Rebel Heart tour was huge, tears of a clown was small and personal.

Wow... She was so vocally on point here. And it seemed effortless. Lets petition Rebel Heart Tour Manchester Bluray!  :crazyeyes:

I think it only got an online broadcast by Yahoo! Anyway, the show was crap so I believe she was embarrased to release THAT.

Back to the topic:

I still think there's no sense on overthinking about what the "Rebel Heart tour could have been". Dudes, the tour finished just 5 months ago and it's the ULTIMATE statement of what Madonna represents TODAY. Blond Ambition was great for its time and it still is a mandatory reference if you're thinking of putting on a live show. But Madonna CHANGED and does it all the time. The Madonna we saw at the S&S was a woman acting out like the divorce wasn't affecting her but in reality it did... Otherwise we wouldn't have witnessed all the bitchiness at MDNA despite her so quoted "journey from darkness to light". The Rebel Heart Tour was her surrender to who she really is, no pretentious attitude, a very low percentage of bitchiness, and most importantly there were so many opportunities to improvise, especially in the acoustic segment.

Guys, did you see her rendition of Open Your Heart?

This was truly an unbelievable Madonna moment! No patterns. Just her and HER music!!!

Well I've said this before, I agree. But not about the DVD being cancelled. I don't think Tears of a Clown will be released based on the dark times she was in when she created it. The Rebel Heart tour was huge, tears of a clown was small and personal.

I can totally see her team using some highlights of the show in the Making of the tour doc, whilst Madonna's voiceover talks about the feud with Rocco and how she used that pain to create TOAC.

let's remember what happened with the tours that are still officially unreleased.

You mean one tour, Re-Invention Tour, since Blond Ambition has been officially released in Laser-Disc and VHS in US, Europe and Japan.

Why's it so hard to wait? Just chill and wait till an announcement comes, we're barely at September, so I believe we will get some info soon.

Sweetie theyre talking about Tears Of A Clown, not Rebel Heart Tour.

Also just because something was shot in full doesnt mean we'll get it in full. We dont know yet what will happen.

I understand, I just assumed since two nights with the same setlist were shot in full it meant we will get the whole show but who knows. Did they tape the whole show in paris for IGTTYAS docu or just selected performances?

I can totally see her team using some highlights of the show in the Making of the tour doc, whilst Madonna's voiceover talks about the feud with Rocco and how she used that pain to create TOAC.

This. Tears of A Clown from what we've seen probably wouldn't be up to Madonna's standards for a full release. I can see them using bits and parts of the footage and some of the vocals in the background of Madonna's commentary about the tour/her journey in the Rebel Heart era.

I'm sorry but I think Madonna needs to change her time cycle. She still operating on old time scales. 

Taylor Swift

taped her 1989 tour on November 28, 2015

she announced it on December 13th, 2015

and released it on December 20th, 2015

Beyonce 

July 2014 announcement 

September 12th, 13th filmed

September 20th, released

Miley Cyrus

Filmed June 13, 15, 17 2014

Announced on June 26th 2014

Aired on July 6th 2014

Lady Gaga

Artpop Tour was streamed live so no waiting time at all.

Justin Bieber 

Believe Tour Ended December 8th, 2013

Released April 8th, 2014

I still want the DVD but Im already ready for a new era. 

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic