Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Concert Film Heads to Showtime

Documentary features behind-the-scenes footage from massive trek, Sydney show

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/madonnas-rebel-heart-tour-concert-film-heads-to-showtime-w446181

Madonna's spectacular Rebel Heart Tour will be the focus of an upcoming concert film debuting on Showtime. Nearly nine months after the trek concluded, Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour premieres on the channel on December 9th at 9 p.m. EST.

The documentary, Madonna's first since her 2013 film MDNA World Tour, offers behind-the-scenes footage from throughout the seven-month, 55-city trek, as well as Madonna's March 2016 concert from Sydney's Olympic Park.

The set list boasted Rebel Hearttracks alongside acoustic versions of "Like A Prayer," "Secret" and "Don't Tell Me" and her first ever in-concert performances of "Take a Bow."

On the Rebel Heart Tour, during the performance of "Unapologetic Bitch," Madonna frequently invited fans or special guests onstage to dance along to the track. Among those who joined her were Amy Schumer (who also served as opening act for select dates), Ariana Grande, Jessica Chastain, Idris Elba, Diplo, Anderson Cooper and Katy Perry, whose appearance features in Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour.

In his review of Madonna's Madison Square Garden stop, Rob Sheffield wrote of the tour, "She hasn't reached so far onstage, musically or emotionally, since her 2001 Drowned World extravaganza. Her last couple of tours had spectacular performances, but dodgy set lists. This time Madonna has much stronger new songs to play with, from Rebel Heart â€” and she brilliantly revamps the hits."

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ on Showtime: Will Material Girl conquer Emmys with concert special?

http://www.goldderby.com/article/2016/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-showtime-emmy-awards/

“Medieval warrior bitch goddess, that’s what I’m going for,†says legendary pop star Madonna in a teaser for her upcoming concert film “Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour,†which premieres on Showtime on Friday, December 9 (watch above). Could the Grammy-winning Material Girl be on her way to her first Emmy Award?

Says Showtime president and CEO David Nevins in a statement, “When it comes to putting on a show, there is only one Madonna – an iconic performer that we’re thrilled to have on our air. With her unique creative vision and unmatched stage presence, our viewers will see an arena show packed with visual theatrics, stunning costumes and intricate choreography, featuring new hits and beloved classic songs.â€

“Rebel Heart Tour†was filmed around the world and includes a combination of performance and behind-the-scenes footage. The music included in her show spans her decades-long career: from “Holidayâ€and “Like a Prayer†to more recent hits like “Living for Love†and “Bitch I’m Madonna.â€

The film may have strong Emmy potential for 2017; musical films are often nominated for Best Variety Special (like Beyonce‘s “Lemonade†and Adele‘s “Live in New York City†this year), though if Madonna were to win she would be the first music artist to do so since Tony Bennett for “An American Classic†in 2007. Before that Cher won for “The Farewell Tour†(2003) and Barbra Streisand won for “The Concert†(1995).

It's also weird even the press release mentions Secret & Don't Tell Me instead of songs like True Blue or La Isla Bonita that were performed on every show.

I guess it'll be the opposite of I'm Going To Tell You A Secret, mostly performances and just a bit of behind the scenes.

Her last couple of tours had spectacular performances, but dodgy set lists. This time Madonna has much stronger new songs to play with, from Rebel Heart â€” and she brilliantly revamps the hits."

dodgy setlists? much stronger songs to play with off rebel heart?

who is this sheffield person. clearly has no clue.

anyways, good PR, i guess.

It's common sense. Unless it lasts 3 hours there is no way that the full show is included plus backstage scenes. So expect some performances cut or missing.

If so, they will properly do what NBC did with Confessions, cut some songs, but have the full concert on DVD. I hope anyway. Any news of UK/international broadcasts yet?

If so, they will properly do what NBC did with Confessions, cut some songs, but have the full concert on DVD. I hope anyway. Any news of UK/international broadcasts yet?

No, it's different, they made the full show and NBC edited it due to commercial breaks. Showtime is commercial-free but the behind the scenes stuff are purposely edited into it.

It is possible that the DVD will feature the full, uninterrupted show, but I don't see them putting the time and effort to do that...

I think some of you are just overanalysing things. The last time we didn't have a full show was in 2004, 12 years ago, all the releases after that included full show. Why do you think we'll not have it ? It could totally be the full show + some behind the scenes in bonus (and TOC too), that could be mix for the broadcast but separated in the DVD / Blu-Ray..

I think some of you are just overanalysing things. The last time we didn't have a full show was in 2004, 12 years ago, all the releases after that included full show. Why do you think we'll not have it ? It could totally be the full show + some behind the scenes in bonus (and TOC too), that could be mix for the broadcast but separated in the DVD / Blu-Ray..

all? You mean 3 tours. Obviously this film they are going to show is the film they are going to release on DVD.

That's possible but it's assuming they take the time and effort to create something different for tv instead of just editing down the completed footage like CT.

At this point it does seem they went to a different route than just presenting the full show, regardless of what was hinted at when the tour ended.

That's possible but it's assuming they take the time and effort to create something different for tv instead of just editing down the completed footage like CT.

At this point it does seem they went to a different route than just presenting the full show, regardless of what was hinted at when the tour ended.

no way will they put the effort into that. I had a feeling this was going to happen from the beginning but it is what it is.

Actually she can broadcast a doc on TV and release a boxset on BR/DVD, including the full show, the doc (wich would at this point reasonably include extra songs and unapologetic bitches different than the Sydney performance) and a mixed selection of audios on cd... it can really be this time, remember the "three for one" package she told about? Wasn't Rebel Heart, the whole thing, such a generous era already? I wanna be positive

... another flat doc with such an amazing show (as Bolnd Ambition and ReInvention already were) would be so so sad, c'me on

Actually she can broadcast a doc on TV and release a boxset on BR/DVD, including the full show, the doc (wich would at this point reasonably include extra songs and unapologetic bitches different than the Sydney performance) and a mixed selection of audios on cd... it can really be this time, remember the "three for one" package she told about?

If that's the case then not sure what the point is in broadcasting something different on Showtime on a Friday evening when ratings are low...

If that's the case then not sure what the point is in broadcasting something different on Showtime on a Friday evening when ratings are low...

Of course I don't know why she prefers to broadcast the doc and not the entire show, maybe because she wants to show what happened during her tour in terms of terrorism (Paris), criticism (answering to ageists, misoginists and all that happend for the Rocco affair for example) and then her Malawy commitment (I'm sure they made professional shoots in Africa and that's one of the reasons why we had to wait this long) and maybe the big finale Cuban party with her close friends family... maybe she's using the doc to strenghten her love revolution message wich she thinks is important at the moment. 

I don't know, maybe it's just a way to mantain some excitment among fans about the complete show release and try to sell some more dvd/br on January. I mean, let's wait and see, I think she could give it all this time, really. Let's be positively realistic  :silly:  

I hope it's 3 hours long with extended cuts of Madonna sitting in her bathroom with her grillz on talking awesome and smoking cloves. Or that she dresses as a pastry chef, or paints a metal fence orange, or transitions into a black man. But I mostly hope it is exactly how she wants us to see it.

I hope it's 3 hours long with extended cuts of Madonna sitting in her bathroom with her grillz on talking awesome and smoking cloves. Or that she dresses as a pastry chef, or paints a metal fence orange, or transitions into a black man. But I mostly hope it is exactly how she wants us to see it.

THIS!!!

I would love the full show, honestly. Truly.

But at the end of the day, even if most of the show gets cut I will still love it and buy it. Probably twice.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic