Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

What elements got lost? I remember there were things that weren't shown on MDNA and S&S and thought it was a pitty... I really wish the people who direct her show releases would do it as a labour of love and study the show carefully each night and think of the best shots and the key moments they need to include and how to do them, that's kinda what Akerlund did.

Just the first ones I think of, during Iconic, they show the crowd so much they miss the fight choreo a lot, they're late on showing her coming down from the ceiling, TO SHOW CROWD??? Burning Up, the part where the middle rises, you literally can't tell that that happens, making the performance almost boring

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burning Up, the part where the middle rises, you literally can't tell that that happens, making the performance almost boring

excuse me but in my opinion, the rising of the stage on that song is almost irrelevant. it the lift malfunctioned during one show no one would have noticed. it's more important for numbers like Like A Virgin or Unapologetic Bitch. 

Besides, Burning Up is one of the few numbers where the band really has the spot (I miss the moving platforms they had on the Drowned World and Confessions tours tho).

What I missed on the MDNA Tour DVD were the letters above the stage that changed colours in some songs, especially at the end of I'm Addicted... I remember looking at the roof and feeling great :smile:

that's why going to the actual concert is way better than the official video, and also, most people focus on the stage than on the lighting details like that, which, althought are wonderful, aren't much relevant to the concert itself.

also, The MDNA Tour was mostly recorded on an arena.

When did she say this?

The day after Showtime TV show. I can't remember if it was on her facebook page or instagram, but she said the DVD would be complete (but I'm not sure if Take a Bow and Like a Prayer will be in the setlist) or if she's referring only about Lucky Star and Love don't live here anymore!

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic