Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

Probably the choice for this part to be cut was due to strong content which would restrain the broadcast to some viewers (and it could be influenced by Australian Christian Lobby,for instance).

They were very smart to do the cut on that part given it's a open channel broadcast (isn't it?). Allowing ads and at the same time avoiding the controversial content to the view of general public, especially the more conservative and politically influential one (as well in Australia. It's a shame though).

You're wrong here. It can't be due to strong content as it was shown after 8:30pm/9pm which means the family part of the evening is over so they can show more adult content. 

Australian TV does this with a lot of concerts here. It's just our advertising breaks, no other reasoning behind it. 

EDIT: In the advert for it, there's the shot of M humping the floor in Like A Virgin, so it definitely isn't due to strong content. 

Sidenote: They also advertised it purely as 'Live in Sydney' though, which is funny because there's barely any footage from the two Sydney shows from what I've seen. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

You're wrong here. It can't be due to strong content as it was shown after 8:30pm/9pm which means the family part of the evening is over so they can show more adult content. 

Australian TV does this with a lot of concerts here. It's just our advertising breaks, no other reasoning behind it. 

EDIT: In the advert for it, there's the shot of M humping the floor in Like A Virgin, so it definitely isn't due to strong content. 

Sidenote: They also advertised it purely as 'Live in Sydney' though, which is funny because there's barely any footage from the two Sydney shows from what I've seen. 

Oh, thank you for enlightening me!

EDIT: The part on your quote I put in bold is pretty obvious why, isn't it?

Guest ArthurBadin

Aussies can now stream it online. Someone needs to change their IP address and rip it, I'm curious of all the edits.

So Channel 9 has offered the entire uncut concert film to be streamed since there's no need for ads during on demand broadcasts.

Remember, full concert has a runtime of around 119min (exactly 118min51s - or 118min44s, according to the BBFC evaluated one.)

P.S.: Sorry Fighter.

On what dates did Madonna sing Rebel Heart in the Living For Love/La Isla Bonita outfit? I'm really confused about that, when I saw her live it was DEFINITELY post Medley? How did it fall in the setlist on those nights?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

There were some American dates where she ditched the Spanish medley. I think it was somewhere between Houston and Nashville, maybe Louisville.

There were some American dates where she ditched the Spanish medley. I think it was somewhere between Houston and Nashville, maybe Louisville.

Dress You Up/Into The Groove/Lucky Star was not performed in Koln (November 5), Prague (November 8), Berlin (November 11), Herning, Turin (November 22), Mannheim, Amsterdam (November 6), Manchester, Glasgow, Tulsa, Atlanta, Puerto Rico (January 28), Taipei (February 4, 6), Thailand (February 9-10), Tokyo (February 13-14), Hong Kong (February 17-18), Macau (February 20-21), Manila (February 24), Melbourne (March 12-13) and Brisbane (March 16).

Only 3 shows in North America.

It is so confusing that this tour underwent so many changes setlistwise. A first in her history. Maybe she should have clung to a proper setlist like Confessions Tour, or made very little regular changes like Drowned World Tour or Sticky and Sweet Tour. This tour is so out of place, hence the uncertainties regarding the DVD.

Guest ArthurBadin

It is so confusing that this tour underwent so many changes setlistwise. A first in her history. Maybe she should have clung to a proper setlist like Confessions Tour, or made very little regular changes like Drowned World Tour or Sticky and Sweet Tour. This tour is so out of place, hence the uncertainties regarding the DVD.

@@Turuncan, the question is that the two Sydney shows had indeed the same setlist. So if edition were stuck on them, we would have no problems with the song selection.

But, due to time restraints (Showtime ordered her a 2h-length concert move) and a lot of both embarrassing and very personal, intimate moments that M loved avoiding them on her live video editions since a very long time ago) that happened on both Sydney shows, it was virtually impossible for the editors to stick on only on Sydney footage, so they rather did a sewing of sveral retails from moments caught on tape from almost all concerts from tour. The result is a very hybridizated, edited-to-hell concert film what, as @@Blake told, has barely anything from the Sydney concerts intended (and even presented as on the PR's around) to be the main part of the film.

Probably (this is just an assumption of mine) when in re-edition process for the DVD, M's team found the difficulties to present a more-than-2h-length main film on a DL DVD/BD, so they rather had stuck on the previously done editing they did for Showtime and, for a bit of luck, decided to deliver us as bonus that circa 4h30min-length performance of LAP and that even-more-edited "exerpt" from TOAC1, that, although was intended to be presented as full on a double-disc release, had to be cut to hell due to the label and its subsidiary's logistics that hinder the "longer project" as introduced by Madonna.com back in March 2016 to come to frutition in its original plans.

Of course those logistics weren't up for Kylie's White Diamond + Showgirl Homecoming 2-disc DVD, a partnership between EMI and Freemantle Media, but, given the laziness that has been around on every Madonna DVD release, UMG/Boy Toy/Eagle Rock haven't saw any interest or profit gain to release a similar release for RHT + TOAC1.

It's such a shame and we should report our disappointement with this deception, but do'nt know full list of contact channels Eagle Rock has since Eagle-Rock.com, their official page, is not available to be accessed in my country (at least I know they don't have a message option on their FB page). So far we are with our hands tied down, expecting Eagle Rock watches our anger with discoveries on BBFC (that, despite of having come from an official British government bureau, too many people here still don't believe in them or refuse to believe and think they're wrong or passible of misunderstanding) and changes their idea of what they want to present to all us consumers. So far there's no sign of a change by Eagle Rock, even an announcement just to confirm or deny BBFC's report. If we don't raise our voices to them, and we get conformed to buy what they will seem to serve us, this won't change.

EDIT: Warner delivered indeed a 2-disc Celebration: The Video Collection DVD. But, as far as I know, they used only SL discs, much easier to author, to burn and to take away from stores in case of damage (what indeed happened to some early printings). Of course, from the financial, greedy point of view, Warner found perfect to deliver a 2-SL disc release than a 2-DL one. Maybe that same has happened with Eagle Rock/Boy Toy/UMG this time again.

just found out whats part of the DVD / BluRay.

The full running time is: 138 min 16 s

The concert film is: 1:58:44:20

The bonus content consists of:

documentary footage including TOAC: 00:14:53:28

Like A Prayer bonus performance: 00:04:37:06

https://vk.com/madonna_queen_of_hearts?w=wall-1625031_27141%2Fall 

By the way, does anyone know why we have to wait for months for the DVD release? The TV broadcasts are a perfect way to promote it, so why not release it right after the airing?

No one seems to release new albums, DVDs etc in summer season. Maybe it's because they want to put out a product for the upcoming holiday season, hence releases around September and October. It's usually the way it is with the releases regarding music. Any ideas?

Certainly. I remember being worried about her cutting the medley until I saw how she went under the stage after La Isla Bonita.

I kind of liked the extra songs. It really made each show seem so different and special. Of course I would have liked more variety than what I saw over my 7 shows but I'm still pleased it was something new she tried out.

Guest ArthurBadin

I still cringe watching the medley, I'm sorry but I just fucking hate it when she's like LATIN SECTION!!!!!!! and mixes mexican art with spanish clothing and music from south america  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Off topic but amazing avi you have @@devilpray! That would be more than great as cover for on a Blu-ray/DVD reissue off of Confessions Tour instead of that awful Guy-O's pic.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic