Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the Spanish Premier broadcast now.The only difference is the subtitled spoken words into Spanish and that they have added the titles of the songs when they are starting (except medley which only has named Dress You Up)

By the way, does anyone know why we have to wait for months for the DVD release? The TV broadcasts are a perfect way to promote it, so why not release it right after the airing?

No one seems to release new albums, DVDs etc in summer season. Maybe it's because they want to put out a product for the upcoming holiday season, hence releases around September and October. It's usually the way it is with the releases regarding music. Any ideas?

Most likely because the contract with SHOWTIME stated that they had to have exclusive release and showing rights for a certain amount of time before it could get a wide release. 

By the way, does anyone know why we have to wait for months for the DVD release? The TV broadcasts are a perfect way to promote it, so why not release it right after the airing?

No one seems to release new albums, DVDs etc in summer season. Maybe it's because they want to put out a product for the upcoming holiday season, hence releases around September and October. It's usually the way it is with the releases regarding music. Any ideas?

My guess is that the Emmy Awards are scheduled to broadcast in the US on Sunday, September 17.

The "for your consideration" showtime broadcast DVD is pretty telling.

If there was a broadcast timeframe agreement, it would be both Showtime and Madonna to be able to attach "Emmy Award Nominated" or better, "Emmy Award Winning" to the PR for the release.

Is this the bonus?

off topic but it still amazes me how Like a Prayer has nothing to do with talking to God for comfort or answered prayer at all yet she uses it in times of seriousness. Fans sway and worship to it like it is actually spiritual.  Cracks me up.  When that gospel choir recorded their section of that song I am sure they had no clue its actual meaning ,,, probably mistook some of the lyrics for the hymn "What A Friend We Have In Jesus ... take it to the Lord in prayer". lol

off topic but it still amazes me how Like a Prayer has nothing to do with talking to God for comfort or answered prayer at all yet she uses it in times of seriousness. Fans sway and worship to it like it is actually spiritual. Cracks me up. When that gospel choir recorded their section of that song I am sure they had no clue its actual meaning ,,, probably mistook some of the lyrics for the hymn "What A Friend We Have In Jesus ... take it to the Lord in prayer". lol

I ALWAYS SAY THAT!

She closed out her SuperBowl performance by saying Blowjobs=World Peace. I mean ten times outta ten if you offer to slob on my knob like corn on the cob, my tensions will disappear, and I will call your name and peace will be brought.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Like A Prayer has many meanings. It's not like sex can't be spiritual, that's why she wanted to reconcile worshipping the person you love with religion to remove the guilt that shouldn't be there from perfectly natural things? Just my interpretation but obviously it's not a raunch song or a song that's attempting to insult or mock spirituality imo. The video alone shows how many meanings the song can have.  

I always thought that Like a Prayer was about love, not explicitly sex. I think it talks about how the narrator (herself) finds the type of sanctuary, warmth, and feeling in the person she loves as one would find in a church or through religion. Hence, this is why I think it gets used for events where she is talking about love as I think it's core message is love, not sex. However, this is all speculation. It was left very ambiguous and surely that was purposeful on her part. 

I ALWAYS SAY THAT!

She closed out her SuperBowl performance by saying Blowjobs=World Peace. I mean ten times outta ten if you offer to slob on my knob like corn on the cob, my tensions will disappear, and I will call your name and peace will be brought.

dying laughing at your post lol

I know it can have deeper meaning, but it is not really a song to bring the masses together. ... Give Peace A Chance, maybe lol

It is still, and most likely will always be my fav song, album, video - but even at 14 during Madonna's sexual revolution, the whole song's controversy was very clear to me.  ,,, I even wore the sweatshirt to school, think I was in grade 8, with the burning crosses in the background, I didn't care if I got picked on for it -  which I did lol

,, I even wore the sweatshirt to school, think I was in grade 8, with the burning crosses in the background, I didn't care if I got picked on for it -  which I did lol

I don´t always like what you say cause I think we have a totally different taste but I think you´re such a cool guy :thumbsup:

This made me smile from ear to ear :)

dying laughing at your post lol

I know it can have deeper meaning, but it is not really a song to bring the masses together. ... Give Peace A Chance, maybe lol

It is still, and most likely will always be my fav song, album, video - but even at 14 during Madonna's sexual revolution, the whole song's controversy was very clear to me. ,,, I even wore the sweatshirt to school, think I was in grade 8, with the burning crosses in the background, I didn't care if I got picked on for it - which I did lol

I was this way with Gaga, I wish everyday I could have been in school for that part of Madonna's Career

I see it as a love song to her fans. Its written to us. The symbiotic relationship we have with her while she's on stage in the midnight hour chanting her name. We make her feel at home. 

Like A Prayer has many meanings. It's not like sex can't be spiritual, that's why she wanted to reconcile worshipping the person you love with religion to remove the guilt that shouldn't be there from perfectly natural things? Just my interpretation but obviously it's not a raunch song or a song that's attempting to insult or mock spirituality imo. The video alone shows how many meanings the song can have.  

Guest ArthurBadin

I know I'm late to this party, but I made some of my own RHT home media release images and I wanted to share with everyone. They aren't even close to as good as @Volanqar and his art. But let's see if you like!

REBELHEARTBLURAYI.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYII.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYIII.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYIV.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYV.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYVI.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYVII.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYVIII.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYVIIII.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYX.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYXI.png

REBELHEARTBLURAYXII.png

REBELHEARTCDI.png

REBELHEARTCDII.png

REBELHEARTVINYLI.png

REBELHEARTVINYLII.png

REBELHEARTVINYLIII.png

REBELHEARTVINYLIV.png

REBELHEARTVINYLV.png

REBELHEARTVINYLVI.png

REBELHEARTVINYLVII.png

@@OhMadonna, what an amazing work! Congrats! You're awesome!

By the way, sorry Fighter (and I'll beg your pardon again in a minute), but I quoting entire OhMadonna's post just for @@valonqar to see it with his proper member name quoted right (the name was written wrong, sorry my dear).

Guest ArthurBadin

Is this the bonus?

Now @@Fighter it's time to beg your pardon again, cause I couldn't find a way to multiquote OhMadonna and @@o_g_c_x at the same time given his post was done ages ago.

Sorry I needed to quote him just now to tell him and to everyone here a thing: I'll bet my only 2 cents (and nothing else of course, lol) that the LAP performance we'll get in the RHT DVD/BD has all chances to be the one in the 2nd night in Brisbane, given this was the one which has a frame included in a photo from York Studios, the full service production studio that were responsible for RHT concert film edition (the ones who had shown that circa-30s Candy Shop video leaked back in August 2016). Here is the photo: 

stacks-image-3599daa.jpg

(You can check it on http://www.yorkstudios.tv/).

You can tell this frame is from that night in particular due to her hair (so if that frame is from Rebel Heart instead of LAP, sorry, but this was from that night).

This is the performance I'm talking about:

And now on a sidenote:

Have just finished watching @@ErickInTheZone's 2h30 edition and I have a few theories regards Showtime (and maybe DVD/BD's) concert film.

- The cut in Devil Pray could be due to that movement some believers do with the arm (could be related to the Nazi greeting, whatsoever - who knows, in this damn, damn recent world full of prejudice and triple enteindres?)

- Watching full 150min was wonderful, but just because I'm a stan. I confess If I weren't in the mood to see this I would rather watch a circa 2h-full-length edited film. Now I get Showtime's demand, and maybe this was the same demand done by Eagle Rock. Only LAP and TOAC1 highly edited as bonuses).

By the way, if someone wants to have the same delight I've had this afternoon, video is still available on YouTube (under a different account however):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdG4-rH73Uc

And if someone wants to download it, check this thread found here (haven't downloaded from here cause I'd done already downloaded right from his original upload on YouTube with the help of Ummy Video Downloader back in early 2016):

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/6235-dl-full-dvd-and-hd-by-erik/

See y'all!

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic