Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

Those who complain for it go instead for Erick in the Zone's DVD and download it. It's a 2h30-length full edition, lot of songs (however w/o TAB), very good editing, very fluid, very comprehensive, no cuttings from main concert acts such as Devil Pray and La Isla Bonita. Would post the YouTube video for it but it was removed a couple of weeks ago (not surprisingly nor coincidentally).

Instead I will be kind and give you the Infinity link for downloading Erick's DVD in both versions, SL and DL; both still work (checked last link provided on OP). Show your disappointment for all that mess having the best edition for RHT ever, like I've done:

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/6235-dl-full-dvd-and-hd-by-erik/

See you.

EDIT: It does include the same pro-shot LAP performance from Stockholm that Guy-O uploaded on YT in full. Miles better than the one from 2nd Melbourne night that York Studios filmed and edited (unless they wouldn't put a frame off it on their ad, would they?) and that has a risk of being that bonus content.

Guest ArthurBadin

Some people here are full of negativism. Are you really fans of Madonna? I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldie but goodie Madonna yes.

Madonna by now it's very hard to stan for.

Anyway everything was reported by BBFC and Amazon ages ago. All was expected. We all know Madonna's reasons for the 2h Showtime edition but we were promised to have the 2h15 full concert when DVD/BD went out in stores (of course by some insider that Mad-Eyes and some other fansites had mentioned by the beginning of this year). Anyway that's what we have.

Those who complain for it go instead for Erick in the Zone's DVD and download it. It's a 2h30-length full edition, lot of songs (however w/o TAB), very good editing, very fluid, very comprehensive, no cuttings from main concert acts such as Devil Pray and La Isla Bonita. Would post the YouTube video for it but it was removed a couple of weeks ago (not surprisingly nor coincidentally).

Instead I will be kind and give you the Infinity link for downloading Erick's DVD in both versions, SL and DL; both still work (checked last link provided on OP). Show your disappointment for all that mess having the best edition for RHT ever, like I've done:

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/6235-dl-full-dvd-and-hd-by-erik/

See you.

EDIT: It does include the same pro-shot LAP performance from Stockholm that Guy-O uploaded on YT in full. Miles better than the one from 2nd Melbourne night that York Studios filmed and edited (unless they wouldn't put a frame off it on their ad, would they?) and that has a risk of being that bonus content.

Some people here are full of negativism. Are you really fans of Madonna? I'm confused.

I want to complain because I spend a lot of money behind her

so If i'm not satisfied I have a right to express myself

people full of negativism are fan of her of course...but with a mind and a taste

I don't understand why If I say I don't like a thing or a DVD you start to say the same boring and childish thing "you're not a fan"

I'm a fan, I will always love her of course

but I will never say that everything she does is gold...when it's not (for example: Express Yourself/BornThisWay/She's Not Me mashup...very stupid and childish by her)

Oldie but goodie Madonna yes.

Madonna by now it's very hard to stan for.

Anyway everything was reported by BBFC and Amazon ages ago. All was expected. We all know Madonna's reasons for the 2h Showtime edition but we were promised to have the 2h15 full concert when DVD/BD went out in stores (of course by some insider that Mad-Eyes and some other fansites had mentioned by the beginning of this year). Anyway that's what we have.

I'm sorry but I don't think she ever promised that. She commented about it on her Instagram but that was all.

I think if we're gonna talk about the "full show" it is already on it. Since the time she stopped signing Who's That Girl there were a lot of extra songs performed along the way. It is a fantasy to expect that all/or any of those songs were going to be included. She choose LAP which I think it awesome because that LAP in Sydney was epic! Even better than MDNA. I think we should respect that and if you don't like it.. She can't please everyone all the time. We don't know what's going on behind all of this whether or not it is easy to bind the "missing" songs or not.

PD: I'm so happy this era is coming to an end.

I guess it is the perfect time to jump ship.

LDLHA and TAB were the only real surprises of the show and they are out, so is every acoustic number except Like A Prayer that's been on almost all of her live releases by now.

I think the future will be the same, just relying on past glories, cashing in on those people who spend money on anything she releases and who attend multiple shows. That's not the Madonna I've become a fan of many years ago.

wow i have to say - this larger project which WAS touted many months ago is basically 20 minutes of extras then ? fuck me thats what i call a large project ? Thanks M - good one there

what i dont understand is how LDLHA has been cut(presumably because of copyright - yet she had no problem including i feel love on the CT ??) and yet she includes the full performance of la vie en rose ??? How fucked up is that 

on a positive note i do like the cover though ? of course i will be buying the blu-ray and double cd though :))

what i dont understand is how LDLHA has been cut(presumably because of copyright - yet she had no problem including i feel love on the CT ??) and yet she includes the full performance of la vie en rose ??? How fucked up is that

I'm still not buying the copyright argument. The venue had to pay royalties each time she performed it, she released it as a single many years after she recorded it and included it on one of her video compilations.

She has to pay royalties to DOZENS of people with the slew of writers on Rebel Heart album and all those songs she didn't write like Dress You Up or Holiday.

Plus she excluced Lucky Star as well, one of the very few songs she is credited as a sole writer...

I'm actually pretty happy with this release. The Pre-order with Material Girl now on Spotify, etc. is great. The cover looks great. The extras seem to be great aswell, can we please stop complaining for once? The only bad thing is the whole LDLHA thing but we knew this wasn't going to end up on the fucking DVD so let's get the fuck over it and be happy that she released it.

Edit: Let's not pretend that the extras on any other DVD she released are better (Maybe the documentary on the S&S Tour DVD).

Guest ArthurBadin

I'm sorry but I don't think she ever promised that. She commented about it on her Instagram but that was all.

I think if we're gonna talk about the "full show" it is already on it. Since the time she stopped signing Who's That Girl there were a lot of extra songs performed along the way. It is a fantasy to expect that all/or any of those songs were going to be included. She choose LAP which I think it awesome because that LAP in Sydney was epic! Even better than MDNA. I think we should respect that and if you don't like it.. She can't please everyone all the time. We don't know what's going on behind all of this whether or not it is easy to bind the "missing" songs or not.

PD: I'm so happy this era is coming to an end.

Ok dear, you assumed I disliked the DVD but in fact I said very pages ago on this same thread that I enjoyed in fact the Showtime broadcast due to the fluidity of it when it's watched (unlike what I felt with last time watching Erick's version, by the last act I started feeling very tired - very normal after 2h of sitting down unstoppably watching through a PC and hearing by a headset).

What I said by posting his edition (that I still feel like the ultimate edition of RHT though) is that most fans are complaining (with a lot of reason) about the cuttings and another things. The level of crying and delusion here in this thread is a very good proof of that. But anyway we have the list of chapters for DVD/BD months before thanks to BBFC; so, given it's a British public bureau, it gets very dificult to discredit it.  So we'd already had an idea of what to expect. Amazon USA confirmed all of it a time ago.

So we weren't all surprised with what we've found today. The problem is (and I said many times here before) that we need to see all that release with the eyes of the label who is releasing it. What Madonna herself said during one of her Sydney gigs about having a double-DVD feature for the official register of tour should never have been come true due to several restraints implied by both Showtime and Eagle Vision/Universal Music Group. We'll never know exactly what kind of restraints they are, only we can imagine and deduct.

But with the counting of days to the actual release (and finally having all clear and definitive info from horse's mouth), people went out with a kind of lapidation, massacre to each other as we didn't have the right to complain nor the one to disdain (maybe we could only praise it, that's all) from such a release like that. Of course we are Madonna stans, we pray for the catecism of best pattern of quality ever, we were used to, Madonna had never committed a fault like that (Of course when in times pre-Hard Candy, but it's up to each one to consider what timeline Madonna was actually reaching the low bar for herself).

So now we are saying, or better saying, most of us are saying: THIS IS A MESS. Even if we like the product, or if we are buying it despite of hating it just for the warrant of having another Madonna item(s) to our personal collections, we have the right to express ourselves.

What we cannot do is pointing fingers every time one to another, even telling our previous experiences on Madonna forums with Madonna releases. It's like a witch hunting. And all due to label's and M's team's fault.

Of course Showtime, Semtex, Eagle Vision, etc., will have always got the benefits and profits of such a release like that, even because we may not experience a live video or live album release on pop music universe lately. So this is release is actually very welcome and necessary, even if it's the way it is. We for sure deserved Lucky Star, LDLHA, Hanky Panky, etc., and most of all, Who's That Girl, which was a main song for the concert, rehearsed for being a normal act on tour but early removed from everyday setlist, despite of not having been performed for almost 30 years. But this is what we get.

If i'm sounding critical, scornish or hypocrite it's your own right to judge me. Everyone's judged by everyone. But i won't let to tell what I think. I was doing it until yesterday when Bat-Fan was attacked and he didn't deserve such a thing like this. Of course I don't know about the future, but I do think it was necessary to post those words i'm writing right now.

And there's only one thing to express: now we know why the abyssal, deadly silence from m's team. They don't even had the nerve to post tracklist nor list of chapters for discs on Madonna.com; instead we had a lot of  third part sources as usual. They did know exactly our reaction to the release. Hence the silence. Congrats M, you are always proud of your thing. Wish I could say the same about it (I mean my own).

So let's continue with the schedule for release.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic