Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what was worse about Borderline from S&S, having heard her real vocals from that show live, or hearing the fake asf vocals from the DVD. All because she was really straining her voice to sing it outside of her vocal range I guess. Choices

Speaking of S&S, if you listen carefully to her performance of Like a Virgin on the RHT from Showtime, she uses the same vocals from the acapella she sang in the S&S DVD. You can definitely hear it in the chorus, especially the part where she sings, "...when your heart beats next to mine." 

Speaking of S&S, if you listen carefully to her performance of Like a Virgin on the RHT from Showtime, she uses the same vocals from the acapella she sang in the S&S DVD. You can definitely hear it in the chorus, especially the part where she sings, "...when your heart beats next to mine." 

Am I missing something? I though Like A Virgin was just a request song, she would have sang that completely live.

Am I missing something? I though Like A Virgin was just a request song, she would have sang that completely live.

Yeah, in the DVD for her Buenos Aires concert, she sang that because a fan requested it during S&S. She used the same performance for the audio in the RHT special on Showtime. You can hear the same vocals in the RHT performance during the chorus.

I'm not entirely convinced that vocal is from S&S Tour, but nevertheless, I just watched the Showtime broadcast of "Like a Virgin" again to compare, and I didn't realize how awful the vocal audio did sound.  In fact, I'm not sure I'm keen on the fast pace visual edit that was made for that performance. 

This is what I don't get... with DVD and BLU-RAYS and even the digital platform, the space available for content is almost unimaginable.  Madonna being such a visual artist, I would think she would take advantage of that space and add so many extras to her Tour videos by including the Videos from the video interludes. I understand she wants us to see it in context of the tour, but why can't it be added as "extras" too.  Though, I am not going sit her and blast her or her team for being clueless, because the truth is, I don't think they are sitting back, thinking of ways of cheating fans.  I don't believe it has anything to do with her and her team being lazy.  I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact, they aren't even thinking about anymore than the tour.  Though, there are plenty of vocal fans who have reached out to Madonna's management, so there is no doubt in my mind they know by now, what we would love to have as "extras". 

My hope; a huge box set will come with all these tour video interludes, tours and many other exclusions from past releases would be included. I just hope it comes before I leave this earth. LOL!!

there's hardly any blu-ray bts stuff on the rh DVD tour usually there is hours and hours on blu-ray DVD'S. I have a blu-ray The X-Files season 10 and there is a few hours worth of bts stuff also episodes. I don't get why with the RH blu-ray there's hardly any extra stuff.  :thinker:

there's hardly any blu-ray bts stuff on the rh DVD tour usually there is hours and hours on blu-ray DVD'S. I have a blu-ray The X-Files season 10 and there is a few hours worth of bts stuff also episodes. I don't get why with the RH blu-ray there's hardly any extra stuff.  :thinker:

Because we are talking about Madonna, there is no extra stuff.

I'm not entirely convinced that vocal is from S&S Tour, but nevertheless, I just watched the Showtime broadcast of "Like a Virgin" again to compare, and I didn't realize how awful the vocal audio did sound.  In fact, I'm not sure I'm keen on the fast pace visual edit that was made for that performance. 

It IS, you can clearly hear the crowd clapping too.

It IS, you can clearly hear the crowd clapping too.

LOL! And they couldn't have pulled that from the actual Rebel Heart tour?  Sorry, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

LOL! And they couldn't have pulled that from the actual Rebel Heart tour?  Sorry, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

No they are the Sticky & Sweet vocals, they could've pulled them from anywhere but they took them from S&S Buenos Aires. It's kinda strange they did that but only fans would clock it anyway.

No they are the Sticky & Sweet vocals, they could've pulled them from anywhere but they took them from S&S Buenos Aires. It's kinda strange they did that but only fans would clock it anyway.

I guess I'm not hearing the same thing you are hearing.  In fact, she actually sounds better singing acapella at Buenos Aires than in that Showtime performance. Sounds like two different vocals to me. 

I guess I'm not hearing the same thing you are hearing.  In fact, she actually sounds better singing acapella at Buenos Aires than in that Showtime performance. Sounds like two different vocals to me. 

You can tell the S&S vocals are overlapped on top of the RHT vocals. Listen to S&S again and then re-listen to RHT. You can hear the 'clapping'/metronome noise from inbetween Ray Of Light and Hung Up. It's really strangely edited. They've cut the word 'mine' off in 'next to mine' so it just goes 'mahhh'. You can also tell because the audio changes from inbetween where she's singing on RHT and where she gets the audience to sing solo on S&S. It's such jarring editing. I hope it's been removed for the DVD (which it won't have been) because it ruins the performance.

You can tell the S&S vocals are overlapped on top of the RHT vocals. Listen to S&S again and then re-listen to RHT. You can hear the 'clapping'/metronome noise from inbetween Ray Of Light and Hung Up. It's really strangely edited. They've cut the word 'mine' off in 'next to mine' so it just goes 'mahhh'. You can also tell because the audio changes from inbetween where she's singing on RHT and where she gets the audience to sing solo on S&S. It's such jarring editing. I hope it's been removed for the DVD (which it won't have been) because it ruins the performance.

I certainly agree the editing is "jarring".  In fact, the whole performance (including the visual) how it is edited is "jarring".  Too many fast changes and it's very fuzzy with the effects over it and the "supposed" live vocals over a layer of other vocals just is ridiculous.  This is one performance I agree there was too much editing put into it. It's not the only performance that the editing went a bit too far.  

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic