Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

@@thelioncourtheart_ yes, but the setlist she played in Melbourne was totally different and was filled with obscure tracks. We might never get them again, ever.

Yes TOAC1's setlist was amazing. It really embodied the concept. TOAC2 felt much more like regular Madonna, the vibe was completely different. I guess because the people in the audience weren't regular fans and also she was feeling more political and aggressive at the time which was understandable. I hope if she does this concept again that it will be back to being more intimate and mellow and with obscure fan favorites.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that TOAC1 being so special is the reason we aren't getting more. That show was really a love letter to the Australian fans. If I were her, I don't know that I would have even included excerpts. For the purpose of that show, I understand why we aren't getting a full version. 

Word is Tears of a Clown is pretty much all black and white. It has a full performance of Don't Tell Me, Borderline, some of her jokes and portions of Holiday. 

just read this.

of all the great things she did in that show THESE are the ones she considered to be highlights? 

tenor.gif

TOAC was a huge surprise and also a disaster. Surprise she was singing her best unknown songs ever but singing over the instrumental album cd is a bit too cheap... This is probably why they have choosen DTM and Borderline that were played live. Sad cos she sang Borderline the same way at Jimmy Fallon late show later. I wish she sing Easy ride in real live condition. I'm sorry but I don't appreciate this performance with playback track... She's Madonna, not a cheap poor little singer who starts her career...

Mer Girl was live and it was beautiful. I mean I wasn't expecting to get anything specific tbh, but I thought we might get at least a clip of one of the fan favorites and not just 3 hit songs she always does lol. Better than nothing, etc. 

I get what you are saying, but is "Mer Girl" a known "fan favorite"?  A lot of the songs she performed were either album songs that no one rarely talks about or a few hits that kinda sounded crappy. I can understand her playing it back and thinking, "FUCK THIS SHIT! I ain't putting this on my DVD!"  Surely, I would have preferred she included songs like "Between the Bars" where she actually sounded pretty decent, but obviously she didn't feel they were up to par.  Another possibility is; she was planning something bigger with "Tears of The Clown" but it never panned out or she looked at it as a whole and didn't think it was worthy to release. 

So im the only person pissed that yet again we got no full backdrops on yet another shoddy home video release ? I dunno why people have the horn for TOAC as it was a pretty low point for her anyway and her voice was pretty wank too so im not surprised we are only getting 15 mnutes of it ?

I guess it's subjective, because I don't really think this is a "shoddy home video release".  She pretty much included the full show that was performed world-wide.  And who really releases "backdrops" with their tour videos? I don't know who does that. Even so, it's rare and Madonna's never did it before, so why would we "expect" it to be included this time? 

I really think some are expecting too much from Madonna that no other entertainer even releases.  Sure, we can do some comparisons with some artists who may treat their fans to a little more "Extras", but I don't know anyone who really includes EVERYTHING they did on their tour, including their backdrop videos.  The focus is on the actual tour.  We get that.  I understand the disappointment from some regarding a few missing parts of the show such as LDLHA, but it doesn't minimize the release as bad or "shoddy" as you put it.

As stated, I think some fans "expect" way too  much.  In a way, I am not sure I am too bothered by the few exclusions.  After all, it was performed on tour. I do think some things should be left for those who actually went to the tour, who paid so much to be there.  That's one thing I can say for Madonna, she always left a little something back from the tour, that "you had to be there".  For me, that is "the bonus". 

I really wonder if people are kidding with this kind of questions.

Yes, we know the content for sure of all editions. There are no surprises by now.

To be fair, some people don't read everything that is posted or pay as close attention as many of us do who frequent groups and websites about Madonna.  I know that seems quite unbelievable, but not everyone is as zoned in on every aspect of her career.

@@Liam Kylie Minogue releases her tour vídeos with backdrops like her KylieX2008 or Kiss Me Once Tour.

Good for Kylie!  My point is; it's rare for any artist to do it.  I never said NO ONE hasn't ever done it, but some are having meltdowns over this as if this was something that was "expected" of Madonna. She's never did it before, so why expect it now?

I get what you are saying, but is "Mer Girl" a known "fan favorite"?  A lot of the songs she performed were either album songs that no one rarely talks about or a few hits that kinda sounded crappy. I can understand her playing it back and thinking, "FUCK THIS SHIT! I ain't putting this on my DVD!"  Surely, I would have preferred she included songs like "Between the Bars" where she actually sounded pretty decent, but obviously she didn't feel they were up to par.  Another possibility is; she was planning something bigger with "Tears of The Clown" but it never panned out or she looked at it as a whole and didn't think it was worthy to release. 

I thought Mer Girl is a fan favorite.. at least to a lot of hardcore fans, and so are the American Life album tracks, which is an album that's mostly appreciated by hardcore fans. I would've loved a couple of clips of those tracks. Between The Bars was amazing too. Those were the highlights for me.

TOAC wasn't a conventional show to play the hits, so the fact she chose well known hits as highlights is hilarious. 

I thought Mer Girl is a fan favorite.. at least to a lot of hardcore fans, and so are the American Life album tracks, which is an album that's mostly appreciated by hardcore fans. I would've loved a couple of clips of those tracks. Between The Bars was amazing too. Those were the highlights for me.

TOAC wasn't a conventional show to play the hits, so the fact she chose well known hits as highlights is hilarious. 

I can only think that she isn't trying to only appeal to "hardcore fans".  Though, songs like "Mer Girl" and some of the tracks from AMERICAN LIFE being "hardcore fan favorites" might be stretching.  I think there are plenty of fans who love these songs, but I am not sure they are the favorites to the main base of her fans.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic