Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

OMG!!!! I just receive my Blu_ray from Amazon Japan tonight. I immediately played "Take A Bow" bonus. It's the full performance. The Blu_Ray plays fine in my player. It's Region A.

What's interesting is that I also ordered a copy from my home country in the U.S., and it's not arriving until Tuesday of next week. :confused:

Weren't you the one saying that Take a Bow was only a 1 minute clip?

Anyways, I'm glad to hear it's the complete performance. I'm ordering from Amazon Japan as soon as I get home next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The copy I ordered through Amazon Japan was listed and is A/1 Region. It plays perfectly fine in my U.S. Blu-Ray Player.   A/1 Region is compatible to East and South East Asia and the Americas. As far as I recall CDJapan (and some Ebay sites now) are the only sites that claim the Blu-Ray is region free.  Whether that's true or not, remains to be seen.

Weren't you the one saying that Take a Bow was only a 1 minute clip?

Anyways, I'm glad to hear it's the complete performance. I'm ordering from Amazon Japan as soon as I get home next week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

@@musicinferno NOPE!!  That was Rebel Hugo who claimed it was a minute long, based on some "friend"!!  

Im very skeptical that they changed/fixed anything other than overcontrasting it probably to "patch it up" quickly. I appreciate the enthusiasm but i cant see madonnas team doing meticulous work to improve something. Gonna be waiting for the comparison thst confirms the wonderful changes tbh

I do not know how to do the side to side comparison for you (wish I was that tech savy lol) but there has indeed been changes made from the Showtime version. This is what I've noticed, but there could be more: 

• The audio track has been changed. They added much more of her live vocals, presumably from the Sydney show, so the audio track does now match up to the visual in most places. Her vocals are still edited in some places, mostly on the older songs, but overall, it's much less studio sounding. 
  • The visual presentation has been altered. There are still filters applied throughout, but they aren't as strong and overbearing. I'm sure you noticed on the Showtime presentation that sometimes the contrast on the picture made certain things blurry. Well, that has been corrected. It is still bright, but it is blended much better so things don't get washed out.
  • They slightly tweaked some of the over zealous editing. It's still a tad chaotic in spots, but they did slow down some of the camera movements. They still use a lot of the backdrop overlays, but it is much easier to see what she is doing on stage behind them. They have also slightly toned down some of the more questionable visual oddities. They're still present but they aren't as jarring and flow much better. 
  • The big one is that they made it look much clearer. It isn't difficult to see what's going on as it was in the Showtime edit. They've corrected some of the visual imperfections and made the whole thing look much smoother.  

I do not know how to do the side to side comparison for you (wish I was that tech savy lol) but there has indeed been changes made from the Showtime version. This is what I've noticed, but there could be more: 

• The audio track has been changed. They added much more of her live vocals, presumably from the Sydney show, so the audio track does now match up to the visual in most places. Her vocals are still edited in some places, mostly on the older songs, but overall, it's much less studio sounding. 
  • The visual presentation has been altered. There are still filters applied throughout, but they aren't as strong and overbearing. I'm sure you noticed on the Showtime presentation that sometimes the contrast on the picture made certain things blurry. Well, that has been corrected. It is still bright, but it is blended much better so things don't get washed out.
  • They slightly tweaked some of the over zealous editing. It's still a tad chaotic in spots, but they did slow down some of the camera movements. They still use a lot of the backdrop overlays, but it is much easier to see what she is doing on stage behind them. They have also slightly toned down some of the more questionable visual oddities. They're still present but they aren't as jarring and flow much better. 
  • The big one is that they made it look much clearer. It isn't difficult to see what's going on as it was in the Showtime edit. They've corrected some of the visual imperfections and made the whole thing look much smoother.  

This is all very non-specific but thanks for trying to explain. :heart:  I guess i'll have to wait and see. 

The copy I ordered through Amazon Japan was listed and is A/1 Region. It plays perfectly fine in my U.S. Blu-Ray Player.   A/1 Region is compatible to East and South East Asia and the Americas. As far as I recall CDJapan (and some Ebay sites now) are the only sites that claim the Blu-Ray is region free.  Whether that's true or not, remains to be seen.

So it is region A/1? did you look in the back cover? if yours is A/1 then all the japanese blu-rays should be   :confused:

I'll be getting my japanese bluray from CDJapan on Monday 18, with DHL, and the bd+cd digipack and 2cds from Amazon France on Friday 22. But if it's really region A only, that really sucks. I won't be able to play it on my bdplayer so i guess i'll just rip TAB in my computer to watch it everytime i want.

This is all very non-specific but thanks for trying to explain. :heart:  I guess i'll have to wait and see. 

I sadly couldn't be specific because I don't remember off the top of my head where the things I mentioned took place  :lol: but I think you'll notice them if you're looking out for them when you watch it. All in all, even if you don't notice, it's still enjoyable to watch and we get to see M incredibly happy which is always amazing to watch :) 

I watched RH again. I noticed when you're at the menu and click on play it takes like 8 or so seconds to move.. does this happen to anyone else? I was thinking it was because the menu is animated she's singing.

I also watched a few songs from the MDNA tour i wanted compare the sound on the MDNA is nowhere near as good as the RH blu-ray they did such a great job editing.

OMG!!!! I just receive my Blu_ray from Amazon Japan tonight. I immediately played "Take A Bow" bonus. It's the full performance. The Blu_Ray plays fine in my player. It's Region A.

What's interesting is that I also ordered a copy from my home country in the U.S., and it's not arriving until Tuesday of next week. :confused:

can you be so kind and tell me if the menu is all in english and also, do you have an amazon link of the DVD for me? ☺

MADONNA: ‘REBEL HEART TOUR’ LIVE ALBUM IS COMPELLING [OPINION]

https://www.inquisitr.com/opinion/4500217/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-live-album-review/

SEPTEMBER 15, 2017

Daryl Deino

Madonna’s 2015-2016 Rebel Heart Tour was one of the best and most successful tours of Madonna’s career. In a review from 2015, this author said that the show was masterful and made performers like Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and Lady Gaga seem like “beta†pop stars. Then, the show was broadcast on Showtime in December of 2016 and was edited so poorly, flashy, and rapidly that some fans called it the Epilepsy Tour.

That same show is the one included on the DVD and Blu-Ray release of the live concert. Those who enjoyed the Rebel Heart Tour may not like the fact that the digital video versions don’t really reproduce the live experience. However, the accompanying Rebel Heart Tour live album certainly does, and makes the case as Madonna’s best live album to date. While the Queen of Pop’s other live albums always stood as attachments or bonuses for people who bought the accompanying Blu-Rays or DVDs, the Rebel Heart Tour live album stands on its own.

One of the things that makes the Rebel Heart Tour such a pleasure is the fact that Madonna sings live, at least most of the time, without much auto-tune or digital enhancement. And sure, you can hear her voice strain, quiver, and go off-key, but you can also hear her being raw, emotional, and very technically proficient, despite the fact that her critics still say that she technically can’t sing. This live album certainly proves them wrong.

It’s obvious that some of Madonna’s numbers include heavy playback or heavy background vocals. Who knows if Madonna actually sings one word live on the opening track, “Iconic.†She seems to be softly singing along in “B***h I’m Madonna,†and “Holy Water.â€

The “live†experience really begins with a slowed-down version of “True Blue,†which Madonna sings beautifully, offering a warm tone that isn’t even available on the original 1986 version. Her interaction with the audience is also warm and sincere. Madonna continues to impress vocally with “Heartbreak City,†though it’s missing the part where she performs “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore†during the middle of the performance.

Madonna’s vocals waver off-key somewhat when she sings “Like a Virgin,†“La Isla Bonita,†and “Dress You Up,†and one doesn’t notice when they see the concert live since Madonna’s dancing is the key element in these performances. However, the vocal faults are more noticeable when listening to the live versions without the images. But this isn’t a bad thing; the flaws make Madonna more human. And when you try heavy dancing and singing at the same time, nobody could expect the results to be perfect.

However, when Madonna sings her most recent album’s title track, her voice is captivating. After a couple more dance numbers, the pop queen gives what’s perhaps the best vocal performance of her career so far, an almost pitch-perfect version of Edith Piaf’s “La Vie en Rose.†This is a song nobody could imagine Madonna covering at the beginning of her career. Now, it sounds natural.

The album ends with a watered-down but still sweet version of “Like a Prayer,†which has become a religious anthem among her fans. Hearing the crowd loudly sing along makes you want to join in the experience as well. Actually, the whole album makes you want to run to a Madonna concert, and that’s exactly what a live album is supposed to do.

Madonna - Like A Prayer [Rebel Heart Tour] DVDRip
[Live Bonus Video]

Lyrics By: Madonna Ciccone & Patrick Leonard

℗ & © 2017 Semtex Films, exclusively licensed to Eagle Rock Entertainment Ltd.

Download/Descarga [480p]: http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/wjEdPfa9/file.html

No Copyright Infringement Intended.

"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use"

Attitude Magazine

September 15, 2017

OPINION

‘SHE MIGHT HAVE THE OCCASIONAL HICCUP, BUT MADONNA IS STILL THE QUEEN OF LIVE SHOWS’

http://attitude.co.uk/she-might-have-the-occasional-hiccup-but-madonna-is-still-the-queen-of-live-shows/

There’s a lot of new material, which could irk those stuck-in-the-past fans who moan about Madge not doing enough from the back catalogue – although everyone knows by now the mother of re-invention always draws heavily on whatever new album she’s promoting.

so true :thumbsup::lol:

No more different than the copies received yesterday and a days before by other fans. But yes, I just received the Japan version an hour ago. Meanwhile, the version I ordered through U.S Amazon isn't expected until Tuesday. I was flabbergasted that my Japan version came first and even on the date it was released. :)

I'm trying to order this on Amazon Japan. I have a current Amazon account with about $50 gift card balance and I would like to use that on Amazon Japan. Do you have any idea how I can correlate that gift card balance with the Amazon Japan account? I'm so confused LOL

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic