Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you guys watch the show...do u watch it all the way through or skip to certain songs?

I tend to watch 

Candy Shop

Intro/ ICONIC

Deeper n Deeper

Bitch I'm Madonna

Holy Water/Vogue

Like a Virgin

Living for Love

Nope!  I am not the type of person who likes to watch things over and over and over in a short period of time. I guess when I was younger I did, but I like to let the dust settle some between the times I watch, so I can come back with a fresh perspective.

When you guys watch the show...do u watch it all the way through or skip to certain songs?

I tend to watch 

Candy Shop

Intro/ ICONIC

Deeper n Deeper

Bitch I'm Madonna

Holy Water/Vogue

Like a Virgin

Living for Love

One thing I like about Madonna's shows is that they are correlated and I think they were designed to look at all and not just as separate acts. It's different when I only listen to the audio.

Depends, I usually just watch a few performances from tours for gym motivation, to listen and enjoy the performance etc.

For RHT, I skip a lot.

Mostly the Iconic opening and performance

Bitch I'm Madonna
Holy Water
True Blue
Deeper and Deeper
Like a Virgin
Living For Love
Candy Shop
Unapologetic Bitch

One thing I like about Madonna's shows is that they are correlated and I think they were designed to look at all and not just as separate acts. It's different when I only listen to the audio.

Yeah, I can pick and choose with audio, but when it comes to her concerts, I tend to rather watch it from beginning to end.  Not to say, I haven't seen an occasional performance from a show from Youtube, but it's usually because someone in a group has posted about it or like the promo videos that were posted prior to the release of the DVD.

I'm very much waiting for the full backdrop to leak(I'm still pissed it hasn't been included on the blu-ray - would much rather have that the other extras on it :(  )

I did get my japan blu-ray today and i quite like TAB as an extra even if its only 4 minutes long and i did laugh watching the backing singer mouthing Babyfaces back vocals ?? wtf ???

I'm very much waiting for the full backdrop to leak(I'm still pissed it hasn't been included on the blu-ray - would much rather have that the other extras on it :(  )

I did get my japan blu-ray today and i quite like TAB as an extra even if its only 4 minutes long and i did laugh watching the backing singer mouthing Babyfaces back vocals ?? wtf ???

I guess I don't see the point of getting so upset over it, when she's NEVER included them in a DVD concert release.  But that said, it is frustrating such a visual artist wouldn't want to share these masterpieces.  

As for the Background singers "mouthing Babyface's" vocals; I'm sure they are actually singing along.  Though, with the audio mix they did for this release, you don't hear them.

Well, I mean I was in the first few rows right of the stage so I could see behind the stage set up.

The second half is mostly horses on both sides moving, shots of her running, then you see the hologram statue of her being carried by followers wearing Madonna/Marilyn wigs in reference to Church of Marilyn, then you see Chance's verse before the statue topples over and breaks mixed with footage of the earlier bit and the Sooner or Later performance. It's actually an amazing piece of work. I'm surprised the second half never materialized.

Though I agree it's hard not to pay attention to Madonna but the backdrop is glorious.

I guess I don't see the point of getting so upset over it, when she's NEVER included them in a DVD concert release.  But that said, it is frustrating such a visual artist wouldn't want to share these masterpieces.  

Now we know it's Madonna who doesn't like to release the backdrops which are especially created to support the visual aspect of her tours. I can totally picture her saying: 

"they will get the interlaced footage from the concert with the backdrops as it looks awsome!"

It happened with DWT, it happened with IGTTYAS, it happened with CT, it happened with S&S, it happened to MDNA, and recently with RHT. All those films were directed by different people and only have one factor in common:

the selfish supabitch :coffee:

I honestly hope everything LEAKS in AMAZING quality someday  :Madonna052:

Now we know it's Madonna who doesn't like to release the backdrops which are especially created to support the visual aspect of her tours. I can totally picture her saying: 

"they will get the interlaced footage from the concert with the backdrops as it looks awsome!"

It happened with DWT, it happened with IGTTYAS, it happened with CT, it happened with S&S, it happened to MDNA, and recently with RHT. All those films were directed by different people and only have one factor in common:

the selfish supabitch :coffee:

I honestly hope everything LEAKS in AMAZING quality someday  :Madonna052:

I remember reading years ago that a fan asked someone on her team why there were no backdrop videos as extras on her tour DVDs and they said they didn't even think about adding them. I don't think she or her teams think fans care so much about extras.

As for the Background singers "mouthing Babyface's" vocals; I'm sure they are actually singing along.  Though, with the audio mix they did for this release, you don't hear them.

Well we don't know if they were really singing, but at least they could have been removed in the editing process. What's the point of that shot? They look ridiculous. We can understand M singing on a recorded track while moving and dancing, not the singers who are just supposed to sing. If I were them I would feel very embarassed to look so unprofessional in an official release.

I finally finished the final edit of my expansion cut. I used the audio from the Blu-ray as well as selections from other shows. Here are the changes I made to fit my satisfaction:

The documentary intro was cut and starts with how the show normally started

Devil Pray has been extended to fit it's original length

All interludes have been added

All speeches have been added
Deeper And Deeper has been extended
Love Don't Live Here Anymore was added (many thanks to @@brunofischetti)
La Isla Bonita intro was added with audio from Tokyo
Like A Prayer and Take A Bow were added from the Blu-ray bonus tracks
Don't Tell Me was added with audio from Tokyo
Detroit speech was edited and the mini-documentary removed
Unapologetic Bitch was trimmed down by 2 mins
Holiday outro was extended with longer crowd cheers to prevent the abrupt fade that is on the CD/BD
Bonus tracks were added at the end of the album:

Borderline from the Tears of a Clown excerpt

Who's That Girl and Frozen from San Jose

Ghosttown from Chicago

Things I couldn't do:

I couldn't use to Tokyo audio for Devil Pray to extend it properly, so I looped the Blu-ray rip

I couldn't extend the Body Shop intro

I couldn't extend the Dress You Up medley since it sounded too awful being mixed with an audience recording (this exclusion saddened me) :cry:

I couldn't extend the Music intro, even looping it sounded obvious so it was left untouched

I couldn't add most of the bonus tracks back into the show because once again, the change in quality did not match

2yzlb8w.jpg

I finally finished the final edit of my expansion cut. I used the audio from the Blu-ray as well as selections from other shows. Here are the changes I made to fit my satisfaction:

Holiday outro was extended with longer crowd cheers to prevent the abrupt fade that is on the CD/BD

Ghosttown from Chicago

Things I couldn't do:

I couldn't use to Tokyo audio for Devil Pray to extend it properly, so I looped the Blu-ray rip

I couldn't extend the Dress You Up medley since it sounded too awful being mixed with an audience recording (this exclusion saddened me) :cry:

I couldn't extend the Music intro, even looping it sounded obvious so it was left untouched

I couldn't add most of the bonus tracks back into the show because once again, the change in quality did not match

2yzlb8w.jpg

messiah and sex were also cut in the dvd...compare them with the soundboard from tokyo :)

probably illuminati too..but I'm not sure

Ghosttown from Chicago

Things I couldn't do:

2yzlb8w.jpg

Nice.....I plan to edit the video but for the moment I'm working with the 5.1 audio, I add LDLHA & TAB, re-worked a bit Like A Virgin, I added some live vocals from Tokyo when the autotune it's too obvius in the DVD, and added Like A Prayer with the Paris speech at the very end (before the credits), like a bonus track (I plan to add some scenes of TOAC, Who's That Girl, and things over some parts of the speech), I think looks nice that in the middle of the show (besides it was difficult to place it there)

Nice.....I plan to edit the video but for the moment I'm working with the 5.1 audio, I add LDLHA & TAB, re-worked a bit Like A Virgin, I added some live vocals from Tokyo when the autotune it's too obvius in the DVD, and added Like A Prayer with the Paris speech at the very end (before the credits), like a bonus track, I think looks nice that in the middle of the show (besides it was difficult to place it there)

Great! Video is too difficult for me so I'm glad someone is doing it :smile:

Well we don't know if they were really singing, but at least they could have been removed in the editing process. What's the point of that shot? They look ridiculous. We can understand M singing on a recorded track while moving and dancing, not the singers who are just supposed to sing. If I were them I would feel very embarassed to look so unprofessional in an official release.

Honestly who really cares?  Just a few fans who are being picky about anything and everything.  It doesn't ruin the performance at all. In fact, I didn't even pay that much attention to it until it was mentioned here. It still isn't a big deal.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic