Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with Ghosttown... This is the fucking 2nd single of the album ! ^^

Its still crazy that Ghosttown wasn't on the main setlist. Like .. its one of the best tracks on the album and it was a single.

I guess she didn't wanna do the obvious but damn sis :thinker:

Its weird when artists don't even promote their own singles. Like when Britney didn't even perform Criminal for the Femme Fatale Tour on the European leg.

I just ordered the Japanese bluray. US$56.29 including Registered airmail  :redface:

As for the double CD, I will wait til a Southeast Asian country manufactures it and puts it on sale on Ebay at US$20 or less just as it happened with the MDNA World Tour. Meanwhile I'll use the iTunes edition  :jamming: and of course Spotify to listen to it on the road. 

I'm sure the DVD edition will be waaaaay cheaper at my local supermarket  :monkey:

Thank God the details of the release are finally out. Can't say I'm thrilled with the bonus features. She spends all that time editing and teasing on IG only to include an "excerpt" from Tears of a Clown? And why is Like A Prayer the only extra song? I think we've had plenty of that song on the last three tours. Why not Ghosttown? or Take A Bow?? TAB wasn't performed on ANY of the tours until this one! Missed opportunity. But I'm glad we're finally getting a release. It's about time.

I'm just relieved about the DVD cover. It's her best live cover in years!!

Back the Truck up.... so the Blu-Ray that I pre-ordered on the U.S. Amazon.com site, will not play in the U.S?? WTF???  I'm royally confused and I'm about to cancel my order.  This is nuts!!  It's the only version available on the U.S. site, why offer something that is not compatible to the main consumers of the website? 

So is it for sure, the Japan edition will play on all Blu-Ray players. 

Everyone knows I've been overly positive about this whole project/release, but this is totally jacked up!  I don't blame Madonna, but someone isn't on the ball here... with her last several of releases.

Back the Truck up.... so the Blu-Ray that I pre-ordered on the U.S. Amazon.com site, will not play in the U.S?? WTF???  I'm royally confused and I'm about to cancel my order.  This is nuts!!  It's the only version available on the U.S. site, why offer something that is not compatible to the main consumers of the website? 

So is it for sure, the Japan edition will play on all Blu-Ray players. 

Everyone knows I've been overly positive about this whole project/release, but this is totally jacked up!  I don't blame Madonna, but someone isn't on the ball here... with her last several of releases.

Someone here contacted them and apparently Amazon said it was an error. Let's wait and see if they correct it. 

I'm sure it is cos it makes no sense.

Someone here contacted them and apparently Amazon said it was an error. Let's wait and see if they correct it. 

I'm sure it is cos it makes no sense.

When I pre-ordered yesterday, The NOTE they added on Amazon wasn't there yesterday about it not being able to play in North America, etc.  They better get this nonsense straighten out.  This is getting ridiculous.  Why does this have to be so difficult to release especially in a region she primarily became famous and lives in. 

I ask again... will the Japan version play in all Blu-Rays?  I'm inclined to cancel my order and go for the Japan version if so, because TAKE A BOW and LIKE A PRAYER is included.  I'm just worried that it might not play and/or would be subtitled in Japanese!

When I pre-ordered yesterday, The NOTE they added on Amazon wasn't there yesterday about it not being able to play in North America, etc.  They better get this nonsense straighten out.  This is getting ridiculous.  Why does this have to be so difficult to release especially in a region she primarily became famous and lives in. 

I ask again... will the Japan version play in all Blu-Rays?  I'm inclined to cancel my order and go for the Japan version if so, because TAKE A BOW and LIKE A PRAYER is included.  I'm just worried that it might not play and/or would be subtitled in Japanese!

It was me that contacted amazon and the guy  I talked to said he's pretty sure it's a error, and if you look at the dvd on amazon it says region 1. So i'm just going to go through with my pre-order and see if it's ok if it's not he said he would refund me.

Amazon usually fucks up information. They probably meant to add it on an import listing. 

Someone said the japanese version is region free, HOWEVER, Japan shares Blu-ray region with America so it will play regardless.

Amazon usually fucks up information. They probably meant to add it on an import listing. 

Someone said the japanese version is region free, HOWEVER, Japan shares Blu-ray region with America so it will play regardless.

Ugh!  Thanks for explaining.  I don't believe the Japan is "region free".  According to the YesAsia site (http://www.yesasia.com/global/rebel-heart-tour-blu-ray-japan-version/1061554060-0-0-0-en/info.html) which the BluRay is up for Pre-order it states it's actually "Region A", which will play in Americas and Asia (among a few other regions).  So if true, I just prefer to get the Japan version since it has TAKE A BOW.  I'm just not sure about how reputable that site is?

Ugh!  Thanks for explaining.  I don't believe the Japan is "region free".  According to the YesAsia site (http://www.yesasia.com/global/rebel-heart-tour-blu-ray-japan-version/1061554060-0-0-0-en/info.html) which the BluRay is up for Pre-order it states it's actually "Region A", which will play in Americas and Asia (among a few other regions).  So if true, I just prefer to get the Japan version since it has TAKE A BOW.  I'm just not sure about how reputable that site is?

yesasia is very reputable but its expensive

yesasia is very reputable but its expensive

Actually, it's slightly cheaper than  the Universal site you listed in the other thread for the Japan version. It sells for  $48.25.  on YesAsia site, and the one you listed sells for $48.34.  The plus for YesAsia... it has Free shipping to U.S. for products over $39.00.  Check out the link I posted above.  Both sites are more than U.S. Amazon site, but then again I'm not getting "Take A Bow" with the U.S. edition. :)

I bought the Japanese Tour Edition of Rebel Heart and the bonus DVD plays fine on my BD player because it's region free (the DVD, not the player). So maybe if the BD/DVD is region free/0 it will play and CDJapan says it is: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIXO-1001

Catalog No. UIXO-1001 JAN/ISBN 4988031241646 Product Type Blu-ray TV Standard NTSC Number of Discs 1 Label/Distributor UNIVERSAL MUSIC
Running Time 119minutes Region free Subtitles Japanese Audio Track None DTS HD 
None Linear PCM Stereo 

I bought the Japanese Tour Edition of Rebel Heart and the bonus DVD plays fine on my BD player because it's region free (the DVD, not the player). So maybe if the BD/DVD is region free/0 it will play and CDJapan says it is: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIXO-1001

Catalog No. UIXO-1001 JAN/ISBN 4988031241646 Product Type Blu-ray TV Standard NTSC Number of Discs 1 Label/Distributor UNIVERSAL MUSIC
Running Time 119minutes Region free Subtitles Japanese Audio Track None DTS HD 

None Linear PCM Stereo 

Thanks! CDJAPAN sells the Blu-Ray 4 dollars cheaper than the link I provided and the link Fightter provided, but with SHIPPING it places much more expensive.  YesAsia is still the best deal since it has FREE SHIPPING for those who are shopping for the best deal. .  

Yesasia mention the Blu-Ray as Region A/1

"Blu-ray Region Code: A - Americas (North, Central and South except French Guiana), Korea, Japan, South East Asia (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan)"

So not sure it will work in Europe

You're correct! It won't work in Europe!! 

Geez, I just don't see why they couldn't have made "Take A Bow" available to all regions as well.  I'm seeing a lot of fans are just purchasing the Japan version now.

Ok, forget what I just said, the Tour Edition is region 2 and apparently we share it with Japan (WTF?).

However, if it is a region free DVD/BD, it will work doubtlessly on any player.

However #2: CDJapan is pretty reliable, I bought the Tour Edition and also the Super Deluxe Edition of Rebel Heart from them.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic