Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly who really cares? Just a few fans who are being picky about anything and everything. It doesn't ruin the performance at all. In fact, I didn't even pay that much attention to it until it was mentioned here. It still isn't a big deal.

I agree. I didn't notice it either and don't think it's distracting at all. Still a beautiful performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

i mean it is supposed to be a performance on a show, not a karaoke in a bar, so if fans wanna talk about how it seems everyone is pretending to perform except for Madonna and how weird it is, then that's totally valid lmao. im not sure that it's the sound mixing but idk

It's still a beautiful performance yes, because of her vocals. 

i mean it is supposed to be a performance on a show, not a karaoke in a bar, so if fans wanna talk about how it seems everyone is pretending to perform except for Madonna and how weird it is, then that's totally valid lmao. im not sure that it's the sound mixing but idk

It's still a beautiful performance yes, because of her vocals.

In the live show the back singers sings much more, and inclussive the backing tracks sounds less

Of course he was. He has his guitar rigged to play other sounds as well.

And the backing vocalists were singing back up as well. Just because she monkeyed with the audio of the song for the Blu-Ray (along with all the other performances in that show), doesn't negate the fact they were singing back up.  Again, it's such a non-issue and seems to me people are finding anything the nitpick a wonderful performance. 

Who's upset??  I'm not! I'm just commenting that it's a silly thing to get worked up over..; which people are.  Some people are not even rationalizing the obvious such as Monte using an effect on his guitar to reproduce a sound.  Not upset at the least!  I just find it all very humorous, that's all. 

I think as hardcore fans and fans like me who have been for 30 years we are going to be picky ? That's what makes us fans ? she is never going to please everyone but just because people make comments doenst mean they dont have the right to ? this is after all a forum for OUR opinions ? Its not going to stop us being fans at the end of the day - to me this tour wasnt perfect and not perfect by a long shot but im still grateful she has the energy to do them and at least we have a document of the tour unlike other artists who dont even seem to release concerts on blu-ray any more(Gaga, Prince ,Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson are in my list on that one)

Monte usses a guitar pedal that turns the sound of the guitar to a synth. I know he used that during I'm A Sinner on the MDNA Tour, he was probably playing something during a TAB. 

I think he was just playing the guitar as in bootlegs you can kinda hear it, but it seems pretty silent on the release...

Regardless, i may have spoken too soon, on close inspection it seems there's some live elements to the performance. 

Who's upset??  I'm not! I'm just commenting that it's a silly thing to get worked up over..; which people are.  Some people are not even rationalizing the obvious such as Monte using an effect on his guitar to reproduce a sound.  Not upset at the least!  I just find it all very humorous, that's all. 

It's not obvious that someone is going to use an acoustic guitar as a synth. :cryin: which I don't even think that's what's happening. He's strumming that guitar way too much to be mimicking other sounds from the performance.

Imagine when you were saying that TAB is out of sync (which it is) and people responding to you with "who cares" "why nitpick" "why get upset over something so silly". You weren't upset you were just pointing something obvious out and I think the same is being done with other things. 

Bottom line, if someone's going to end up responding with "who cares", why even get into the discussion at all? I know if I didn't care about something I would just not get into the discussion. 

And bottom line 2: if Madonna actually did karaoke to an old instrumental as is, I would get worked up over something that awfully cheap. Sue me.  :hearno:  As a fan I would not support her putting on performances like that.

It's not obvious that someone is going to use an acoustic guitar as a synth. :cryin: which I don't even think that's what's happening. He's strumming that guitar way too much to be mimicking other sounds from the performance.

Imagine when you were saying that TAB is out of sync (which it is) and people responding to you with "who cares" "why nitpick" "why get upset over something so silly". You weren't upset you were just pointing something obvious out and I think the same is being done with other things.

Bottom line, if someone's going to end up responding with "who cares", why even get into the discussion at all? I know if I didn't care about something I would just not get into the discussion.

And bottom line 2: if Madonna actually did karaoke to an old instrumental as is, I would get worked up over something that awfully cheap. Sue me. :hearno: As a fan I would not support her putting on performances like that.

why was the bad quality TAB that surfaced before not out of synch? Is it only the BluRay that has this problem?

Yet mine is 'out of sync' in various parts. It's very much like the video recently uploaded to Youtube.

Side note: my mention of this performance being "out of sync" wasn't nitpicking, nor complaining. I brought it up to ask if Frank had the same issue.  I just wanted to know if it was on my end or not. It appears it isn't just my Blu-Ray as I've found out numerous others are having the same issue with it being out of sync. To me, it's not a huge deal. And in no way is my mentioning this comparable to those criticizing the performance for the back up singers appearing to be singing when they may not. Nor does it mean they weren't originally. 

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic