Am I the only one that feels Erotica is full of filler?

blohan

By the way I gotta say that how can True Blue, with only 8 songs, that would be considered as an EP if it was released today, have fillers? i mean, with only 8 songs you don't need fillers... and I'm not saying that I like Jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes The World Go Round....

"Jimmy Jimmy" is definetely a filler.

Just like "Shoo-Bee-Doo" on Like A Virgin or "Physical Attraction" on Madonna (which I love, but it does sound like a filler to me).

Now if you don't agree with me I'll start insulting you!!!1

oh wait

Posted Image

"Jimmy Jimmy" is definetely a filler.

Just like "Shoo-Bee-Doo" on Like A Virgin or "Physical Attraction" on Madonna (which I love, but it does sound like a filler to me).

Now if you don't agree with me I'll start insulting you!!!1

oh wait

Posted Image

I know I know, Jimmy Jimmy is a filler and the last track too, but I feel weird calling them fillers, if they weren't on the album True Blue would be only 6 tracks long lol. (I always stop playing the album after True Blue xD)

I know I know, Jimmy Jimmy is a filler and the last track too, but I feel weird calling them fillers, if they weren't on the album True Blue would be only 6 tracks long lol. (I always stop playing the album after True Blue xD)

Oh no, La Isla Bonita is GOLD, I love it so much!

I always skip Where's The Party though, can't stand it, the YCD remix is much better

Oh no, La Isla Bonita is GOLD, I love it so much!

I always skip Where's The Party though, can't stand it, the YCD remix is much better

I'm kinda tired of La Isla Bonita tbh, as Spanish I've been hearing this song since I was born, my mom had the 7" single and she was like addicted to it so i think my brain had enough hahahaha! Oh and White Heat should've been a single tho, I love it!

Words is excellent. Not everyone gets the aesthetic of this album. A lot don't get the way she sings these songs and the way she uses her voice is very unique, the lyrics too. It's one of my favourites in that sense.

Although to each their own as long as we don't call each other fucktards or whatever.

See I would say HC, MDNA and even RH are full of filler. They all seem like a collection of songs with no real structure. Erotica is an album. Raw, dark, cynical, heartbroken. up to Confessions Madonna inadvertently made trilogies.

Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue - Hopeless Romantic, fun, cheesy, happy

Like a Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Stories - Cynical, hurt, Heartbroken, sexual, angry, hopeful, longing

Ray of Light, Music, American Life - Reflective, new found wisdom, born again, happy, discovering herself

I digress. The only filler on Erotica is Fever and it is no surprise it was a last minute addition, I guess also Did you Do It?. TUTBMP is a nice ballad but has no depth like In this Life which is Madonna's pain and heartbreak laid out for everyone to see and Why's it so Hard is her anger. Maybe Shep's production was often repetitive in moments, but Erotica has some of the best lyrics on any Madonna album. She really dug deep.

The only filler on Erotica is Fever and it is no surprise it was a last minute addition, I guess also Did you Do It?

I always thought Did You Do it was filler, a bit of fun i guess but i'd always skip it. Fever? Yeah, the more i think of it i think it is one of the weaker tracks. If the Edit One version was the main album version it'd be a different story. Wasn't Fever recorded while they were doing Goodbye To Innocence and she started singing Fever over the track? Man! I'd have loved Goodbye To Innocence to have made the album. I bloody love that demo (not the one that sounds like Up Down Suite), you know the one with "You know you'd better stop, stop and think about how you get your kicks, God knows I didn't ask for this - you know you'd better stop, stop and think about it, before you mess with someone else, why don't you pay attention to yourself - yourself and nobody else".

I always thought Did You Do it was filler, a bit of fun i guess but i'd always skip it. Fever? Yeah, the more i think of it i think it is one of the weaker tracks. If the Edit One version was the main album version it'd be a different story. Wasn't Fever recorded while they were doing Goodbye To Innocence and she started singing Fever over the track? Man! I'd have loved Goodbye To Innocence to have made the album. I bloody love that demo (not the one that sounds like Up Down Suite), you know the one with "You know you'd better stop, stop and think about how you get your kicks, God knows I didn't ask for this - you know you'd better stop, stop and think about it, before you mess with someone else, why don't you pay attention to yourself - yourself and nobody else".

Can you link me to that demo please? 

Blohan, you are both disrespectful and self-important. Music, as with all art, is subjective. Yes, there are standards of criteria to consider, but if we are going by technicalities, then Celine Dion is real talent and Madonna is garbage. But I'll take the worst M song over the best Celine song any day. Go enjoy True Blue. It's a decent record, but it's certainly no Erotica. Or Rebel Heart for that matter. Thankfully nobody here needs your seal of approval to enjoy the music they do.

Yeah apparently Goodbye to Innocence wasn't working and Madonna just started messing around and singing Fever over the song as she had just seen Peggy Lee performing. It was literally the last song added and to read Shep's Erotica diaries it sounds like they pretty much finished it in 5 minutes and just slapped it on.

I don't know why, it isn't anything specific, but from the first time I heard the album in Oct 1992 I hated that version of Fever and would skip it, still do to this day I even listen to Did you Do It? more often. However loved her cover of Fever on Arsenio.

Yeah the proper Goodbye to Innocence is a good song, though to me sounds a bit more dated than the rest of the album. Up Down Suite I actually love and I can't remember which single it was a B side to (Rain?) but listened to that a lot, I knew it wasn't album material, but still loved it.

I actually don't think Erotica is full of filler, the only track that I don't mind from there is Did You Do It?, the rest of the songs are very special on their own way, I actually enjoy them all and it's one of the few full albums I have on my phone  :Madonna006: On the other hand, I think that M's first three albums do have fillers on them (don't kill me)