Madonna: Recent

groovyguy

Madonna’s fiery, profanity-laced Women’s March speech shocked some, inspired others

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/stargazing/article127983229.html#storylink=cpy

Speaking to the hundreds of thousands of people who showed up for the Women’s March in Washington D.C. on Saturday, pop superstar Madonna didn’t hold back in her criticism of President Donald Trump.

The 58-year-old singer and activist, who strongly supported Democrat Hillary Clinton in the 2016 election, flatly stated that “good did not win this election, but good will win in the end.

“The revolution starts here. The fight for the right to be free, to be who we are, to be equal. Let’s march together through this darkness, and with each step know that we are not afraid. That we are not alone. That we will not back down.â€

Then, as cable networks CNN and MSNBC broadcasted her speech live, Madonna’s rhetoric turned even more controversial.

“To our detractors, that insist that this march will never add up to anything, f--- you,†Madonna said. “F--- you.â€

The profanities were uncensored on the air and caused both networks to cut away from the speech immediately, per Rolling Stone. MSNBC later apologized to viewers for the profanity. But the singer was not yet finished.

“Yes, I’m angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House,†Madonna said. “But I know this won’t change anything. We cannot fall into despair.â€

Online, the speech provoked sharp reactions on both sides, with some saying that the singer’s rhetoric violated U.S. law that prohibits threatening bodily harm to the President or Vice President.

Others, however, responded by saying Madonna’s words were being taken out of context to discredit her message and pointed to Trump’s own use of profanities on the campaign trail.

McKenzie

After all the hateful & rotten things that have come out of Trump's mouth, they're offended by Madonna's F-bomb? Whaat? GTFO! 😄

Meanwhile, Madonna went on to perform some of her songs for marchers, though she apparently changed some of the words to include more profanity directed at Trump, per BuzzFeed News.

The Women’s March official Twitter page has made no reference to Madonna’s speech in its posts.

RELATED CONTENT

Madonna gives fiery speech at D.C. Women's March

What shocks me the most is that, still nowadays, it's considered "profanity" to say Fuck on TV. It's so ridiculous it just makes me laugh so fucking loud and hard.

Hilarious that Trump's supporters are offended when Madonna uses the same language that Trump used during his campaign. It's not ok for Madonna to say she'd THOUGHT about blowing the White House but knows that that wouldn't solve anything, & yet they luv it when Trump says he can shoot someone on 5th Ave & gets away with it. Such hypocrisy!

Ok ready for this? Because, if true, this is really hilarious !!!

Secret Service WILL investigate Madonna after singer says she wants to BLOW UP the White House in expletive-filled rant at women's march

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4142950/Thousands-women-head-Washington-protest-Trump.html

MOST RIDICULOUS NEWS EVER. XD

I kinda love [NOT!!!] how the media takes what they want from her beautiful speech and make a whole news piece [of shit] with it. Hilarious. LOL.

Actually I hope they are dumb enough to investigate. That would boost the global protests, give greater meaning to all the global marches & inspire more people to fight worldwide. Intelligent people who can understand her speech - Violence is not the answer; Love & Unity is the solution - will be more inspired to stand up & fight for all human rights. Btw Madonna has proven how stupid some if not most of the conservatives are by saying that her speech means she wants to bomb the White House. Shows they do not know figure of speech like "I'm so mad I want to kill you." Or maybe they do but only when Trump says it.

Of course they are going to investigate, it's protocol. It is their job. If anyone, regardless of who you are, even jokes about such things they look into you. Just the way it is. I think everyone gets the context of her statement, but officially it needs to be investigated, probably will be a brief and minor investigation.

What shocks me the most is that, still nowadays, it's considered "profanity" to say Fuck on TV. It's so ridiculous it just makes me laugh so fucking loud and hard.

seriously? Hahaha then Italian and Spanish TV should be shut down! Its pretty common to hear bad words in Italian and Spanish dramas or talk show as its part of our society ... after all Italian TV shows Family Guy (I love Family Guy)  in the afternoons and its got plenty of Adut Humor! Mind you couldn't bear to watch it dubbed in any other language .. Seth just is amazing!