Madonna: Recent

groovyguy

Sean Penn and Madonna Hold Hands on a News-Making Night

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/fashion/madonna-sean-penn-hold-hands-haiti-event.html?partner=IFTTT&_r=1

The palpable ennui surrounding this awards season in Hollywood dissipated Saturday night when Sean Penn hosted the annual benefit for his Haitian relief organization J/P HRO.

The reason? Mr. Penn and Madonnamade their entrance hand-in-hand, in the middle of Golden Globes weekend, looking like the Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor of 2016. Her children Mercy and David entered in front of them like flower children at a wedding, on the very night Rolling Stone released an article by Mr. Penndetailing his seven-hour October interview in a Mexican jungle with Joaquín Guzmán Loera, also known as ‘El Chapo.’

“Madonna, what you brought you out?†one reporter screamed as the two smiled and posed, while the children disappeared inside.

“Haiti,†she said, rushing in after them.

Moments later, the journalist Roger Friedman caught Mr. Penn by the bar and engaged in a couple of moments of pleasantries, which ended the minute Mr. Friedman asked, “How’s El Chapo?â€

Oh, well. You can’t blame a guy for trying.

From there, the evening took surreal twists and turns.

Anderson Cooper emceed the proceedings and talked about how one of the strangest nights of his life was being brought onstage by Madonna at a recent concert, where she spanked him and sent him off with a banana as a prize.

Mr. Penn spoke about his work in Haiti, his anger at nongovernmental organizations and the United Nations, and his realization that, ultimately, everyone needs to work harder to make the world a better place.

Guests sitting at their tables struggled to read the latest on Mr. Guzmán on their cellphones, which barely got a signal.

Guests not seated made their ways to the center of the room to check the level of PDA going on between the former spouses. (Little information there, either.)

Around 9 p.m., Mr. Penn got down on his knee to introduce an “Italian girl from Michigan†to whom he needed to pop a question.

“Will you?†he said.

The audience gasped. Was he proposing to his ex-wife? Or were they merely punking the news media, just as Mr. Penn seemed destined for their scrutiny, thanks to his interview with Mr. Guzmán, who happened to be a most-wanted man at the time of the interview?

Who on earth — or inside this ballroom of one percenters — could say?

A few seconds later, Madonna took to the stage with a ukulele, gave her former husband a kiss on the cheek and delivered a speech. “I want to say, Sean, that I love you from the moment that I laid eyes on you,†she said, “and I still love you just the same. I just wish you would stop smoking so many cigarettes.â€

After that, she sang Édith Piaf’s “La Vie en Rose,†and an auction took place that raised more than $2 million for Mr. Penn’s charity.

A trip to Haiti with Bill Clinton (who spoke in a video) and Mr. Penn sold to the media investor Aviv Nevo, known as Vivi, for $300,000. Leonardo DiCaprio purchased one of Bono’s guitars for $100,000. And a third attendee purchased Madonna’s ukulele for $300,000, after Madonna offered a number of sweeteners.

“I’ll sign it, I’ll lick it, I’ll kiss it,†she yelled.

By the time the auction wound down and the evening reached its goal of $6 million, few could say with certainty what was going on with the couple at the center table.

But at least one thing was clear: They had dominated another news cycle.

When she's next to him, there's something happening to her, no matter what she can do, He is the love of her life, it's so obvious when you see her in motion next to him. The way she moves, her smile, the look she has in her eyes, everything. 

Madonna has saluted David Bowie with a performance of his classic song "Rebel Rebel." “I want to pay tribute to a man who inspired my career," she told the crowd as her Rebel Heart Tour stopped Tuesday at Houston’s Toyota Arena. “If you haven’t heard of David Bowie, look him up motherf---ers. How David Bowie's Death Was Covered by Newspapers Around the World“He was one of the geniuses in the music industry, one of the greatest singer-songwriters of the 20th century and he changed my life when I went to see him in concert in Detroit. He showed me that it was ok to be different. And he’s the first 'rebel heart' that I laid eyes on.†She then “got the party started†with Bowie’s 1974 standard.Madonna Remembers David Bowie: 'Talented. Unique. Genius. Game Changer'Madonna was on hand to induct her good friend and childhood hero into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996. When news reached her of Bowie’s death on Jan. 10, a heartbroken Madonna shared three tweets in quick succession. In one of them, she remarked: “Talented . Unique. Genius. Game Changer. The Man who Fell to Earth. Your Spirit Lives on Forever!â€Watch the clip below.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/6842921/madonna-performs-rebel-rebel-tribute-david-bowie

Madonna among Harper’s Bazaar Best American Style Icons

Harper’s Bazaar listed the Best American Style Icons and Madonna made the cut at #7.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/trends/g5253/american-style-icons/?slide=7

MADONNA
KNOWN FOR HER DARING STAGE COSTUMES OFTEN CUSTOM-MADE BY WORLD-CLASS DESIGNERS, MADONNA HAS ALWAYS BEEN DIRECTIONAL ON THE STYLE MAP. FOR HER BLOND AMBITION TOUR IN THE ’90S, SHE WORE CUSTOM PIECES BY JEAN PAUL GAULTIER.

Posted Image

https://twitter.com/jimmyfallon/status/691978762473336836

jimmy fallon Retweeted Madonna

Thank you, Madonna. You're always the first to step up. #WaterForFlint

jimmy fallon added,

https://twitter.com/Madonna/status/691924273628385280

Posted ImageMadonna @Madonna

You got it @jimmyfallon - matching your $10,000 donation! http://www.CFGF.org  #WaterForFlint. Let's all donate!!

Posted Image

Is this taken from her actual IG account then, or did she pose specifically for the film? Only asking as they're all striking virtually the same pose, a puckering up selfie.

It's taken from her actual IG account. It's a cropped, mirrored image of the selfie below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/opcW1rGER1/

Posted Image

UPDATE: In the new trailer, the sequence of the stars on the screen is changed up, and Madonna is replaced with Miley Cyrus. :(

http://www.fandango.com/zoolander2_181503/movieoverview

• 2 weeks later...

This Is How Madonna Was Secretly Responsible for One of the Biggest Hits of 2015

https://www.yahoo.com/music/madonna-secretly-responsible-one-biggest-212528959.html?src=rss

You’ve almost assuredly seen people doing the Whip, or the Nae Nae, usually in conjunction, and probably heard the song “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)†by Silento. Sure, maybe you are only aware of it because you saw the cast of Angie Tribeca dancing to the song during their 25-hour marathon on TBS, but that still counts. Silento’s music video was one of the 10 most watched music videos of 2015. This is a feel good story about a young artist made good, right? Well, kind of. It’s actually more a story about ruthless marketing gurus manufacturing a viral dance hit.

You see, there is a company called DanceOn which was founded to create viral dance hits. Basically, people will film a dance video, and send it to DanceOn, and, for a percentage of the artist’s profits, will help turn it into a viral hit. Let’s take, for example, Silento and the Whip/Nae Nae. Upon reaching a deal with Silento, DanceOn had 50 members of their organization create their own videos featuring themselves doing Silento’s dance. Those 50 videos generated 250 million views, it went from there, and now Silento has a deal with Capitol Records.

You want another twist to this tale? One of the founders of DanceOn is Madonna. Yes, the one-time Queen of Pop is part of a company creating viral dance hits. So, next time you want to take shots at Madonna for being an aging woman in the music business, or for being out of touch, remember that she might have had a hand in that dance craze you are partaking in, and she’s making straight cash for it. Once again, Madonna has proven that she knows how the music business works as well as anybody.

From now on, will we be able to watch anybody Whip or Nae Nae without viewing them with a jaundiced eye?

http://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/madonna-plans-tokyo-ginza-appearance-10341920/

February 8, 2016

Madonna Plans Tokyo Ginza Appearance

Madonna is currently touring Asia but she has more than just concerts on her itinerary. The superstar is gearing up to make a special appearance at Tokyo’s Mitsukoshi Ginza store on Feb. 15 to promote her skincare line, MDNA Skin. A Hong Kong event is scheduled for Feb. 19 at The Ritz-Carlton, although it is still unclear whether or not the singer will attend that installment of the festivities, which coincide with the dates of her “Rebel Hear Tour.â€

The Material Girl launched her own skincare line in 2014 through a collaboration with Nagoya, Japan-based niche beauty player MTG and skincare artist Michelle Peck. The initial product line up, which is currently sold only in Japan, featured a Skin Rejuvenator device that employs magnet technology, a clay mask and a serum. The newly expanded range, which MTG is rolling out to other markets, will include a face wash and another serum.

Posted Image

Top 10 Richest Female Singers 2016 – Real Net Worths

http://gazettereview.com/2016/02/richest-female-singers-true-net-worth-figures/

No Doubt about it but i think she is worth more :-) Top 10 Richest Female Singers 2016 – Real Net Worths #1 – Madonna Net Worth 2016 – $1 Billion

Posted Image

Singer, actress, songwriter and entrepreneur Madonna has done it all. And it has paid dividends. Her true net worth is a whopping $1 Billion, this makes her not only the richest female singer in the world, but the richest of all singers, regardless of gender. She is known for her reinvention on the stage and a genre spanning back catalog of music. Beginning in the 1980’s and remaining popular to this day. Her business ventures outside of music include a wide variety of branded merchandise, clothes, books, makeup, fragrances, you name it she sells it. She owns a chain of fitness stores, Hard Candy Fitness, founded an entertainment company, Maverick, and has made appearances in film and television. Madonna has leveraged a successful singing career into a multimedia empire that spans the globe.

I love how @LizSmth is always supportive of Madonna! Great article Liz Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

LIZ SMITH: Joy and Pain

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/guest-diary/2016/liz-smith-joy-and-pain#.VruCXZfCZFw.twitter

ENDTHOUGHT: I have refrained until now from commenting on the matter ofMadonna and her 15-year-old son, Rocco, who has recently declined to return to the United States and live with his mother, preferring the more lackadaisical lifestyle of his father, director Guy Ritchie. (Madonna married Ritchie in 2000. They divorced in 2008 and he — already a wealthy man — took the pop icon for about $75 million bucks.) 

I have no inside information, other than the fact that Madonna is crushed by this turn of events. I know her quite well. I have seen her with all four of her children. I have heard her speak privately about them in the most glowing — and intelligent — terms. She is a stickler for education, self-discipline and motivation. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Madonnna and Rocco. Posted ImagePosted Image

Despite the professional image and stage persona she often embodies, Madonna is a very good mother, and not, appearances to the contrary, a hedonist or self-destructive. No drugs, no drinking, no dissipation. The male company she has kept since her divorce from Ritchie are separate from her role as a mother. She is not given to wild or inappropriate behavior in front of her children, or anyone else, for that matter. 

Posted ImagePosted Image

A tender mother/son moment. Posted Image

(I, along with others, might roll my eyes at some of the things she wears, or how she presents herself in photo shoots or on Instagram. But that’s not her daily life. She marches to her own drummer and refuses to be categorized or held back by what others think is “suitable†for a woman of 57. She enjoys making us crazy.)

I am fairly certain that continuing with her current “Rebel Heart†tour has been agonizing, but it would be out of character for Madonna to cave, give in, give up. And what would it gain her? Bad press, enraged fans, and her son would still be in England. 

This unhappy situation will likely sort itself out, but that the situation exists doesn’t surprise me. I wondered what was going on in Guy Ritchie’s head when he put Madonna in a film short as a movie star abused by her driver, and then starred her in “Swept Away,†as a wealthy woman abused by one of her servants. 

Madonna entered her marriage to Ritchie fully committed. To such an extent that photos of the wedding were never made public.  Her nuptials were not grist for the PR mill. Madonna’s two “I do’s†— to Sean and then to Ritchie were absolutely sincere. That Catholic girl from Michigan always lurks beneath the “outrageous†star.

I don’t think Madonna regrets her marriage to Penn. They have remained friends. I believe she regrets most of her marriage to Ritchie, except for their son, Rocco. 

Good luck with all this, honey. You are a good girl. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Love conquers all."