• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 6:02 AM, androiduser said:

FPiaPQkVkAAERYV.jpg

“They [publicists] needed a photo of them with Madonna for publicity purposes—problem was, Madonna was so insecure with her new fame that she wouldn’t even pose with her opening act. When she asked me why I wanted to get a picture of her with the boys, I replied “because we want to make them as famous as you.” Her reply: “That’s not very funny!” She wouldn’t pose with them, so I had another idea to make the publicists happy: we went into the audience and shot photos of the group with her performing in the background! Unfortunately, no one liked that idea as much as we did— but the ball was rolling!” - Glen E. Friedman. The Virgin Tour 10th April - 11th June 1985.

:laughing: she was such a brat :laughing: I really wish she put stuff like this in her movie, that would be the stuff people would remember, truly an iconic scene.

I wish she'd have Weird Al be the Jimmy Nail in her biopic. 

beastie-boys-weird-al.jpg

image.thumb.png.abba921728b653d2009b014ce7fe7cbd.png

In December 1994, accompanied by Alek Keshishian, Madonna attended the premiere of the movie 'Prêt-à-Porter (Ready To Wear)' by Robert Altman in Westwood, Los Angeles. The ensemble cast included Sophia Loren&Marcello Mastroianni, Lauren Bacall, Ute Lemper, Rupert Everett and many more. In this circumstance, she met Sophia Loren and took few photographs with her. 15 years later Sophia was asked about Madonna and replied: 'I only met her once, at a premiere. I was waiting outside with a group of people, surrounded by photographers, and she was walking towards us. I said "Madonna, come here", because she looked so alone, and we were photographed together. She was charming and very respectful to me, but, you know, she looked very lonely'. 

Funnily, the sentence 'Madonna, come here' follows faithfully the iconic line by Anita Ekberg 'Marcello, come here. Hurry up', directed to Marcello Mastroianni, in the movie 'La Dolce Vita' by Federico Fellini, who died the previous year, on October 31 1993. The Maestro was offered by Madonna, whose love and adoration for Fellini are widely known, to direct the video for 'Rain', but he was forced to decline due to his poor health conditions, which lead him to death few months later. 

• 3 weeks later...