“When the rumors surfaced that I was HIV-positive, I thought, well, someone’s really bored today . . . let’s make up a real juicy story. I tried to ignore it but it wouldn’t go away.....Instead of pointing the finger at people and having witch hunts and ostracizing each other for lifestyles and sexual preferences, we should all be uniting to fight this disease . . . but we’re not. Because we’re afraid. We’re scared out of our skins to face the truth that AIDS is not a gay disease, it’s a human disease.Now I’m not HIV-positive, but what if I were? I would be more afraid of how society would treat me for having the disease than the actual disease itself. If this is what I have to deal with for my involvement in fighting this epidemic, then so be it.I’m not afraid to be associated with people who are HIV-positive, and I am not afraid to love people who are HIV-positive. Because their ordeal is more important than mine, because their courage is larger than mine, because what they’re facing is real. And if we can learn to deal with real, and our fears, then I’m hopeful that we can conquer this disease.â€

She always speaks with wit, intelligence and eloquence. This is a perfect example.

Rare footage of Madonna's stage being set up under 7 minutes for the halftime show. The original author isn't of this very youtube link, credit goes Michael Cerelli, the overly excited Madonna fan/father with his two young sons.

You can hear the obnoxious drunks behind them too regarding their reaction to the father & kids. Notice when the throne comes out at the 4:17th mark, Madonna is covered by black curtain box.

MADONNA SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW 5-5 (THE OFFICIAL MAKING OF)