An unreleased remix from 2002 with a great story behind the project:

"Die Another Day" Thunderpuss Mix *The Back Story*
Once again in 2002 we were invited by Caresse Henry (Madonna’s manager at the time) to her office to discuss remixing Madonna’s new song from the upcoming James Bond Movie. Caresse told us that the movie producers actually wanted her to do a ballad but she said no.
We were told this song was called “Can’t You See My Mind” at the time to (keep everything secretive i suppose), were hand given the parts on C.D. and went to work at our studio.

When i first heard the drums that my Tpuss partner had created i immediately saw Roxy NYC in my mind and how great this would sound there.
When it was time to sink my teeth into it, i felt the mix should be very different from any mix we’d done before. It didn’t need new music composed. Let it be what it already is. There are lot’s of hooks in it already.
I felt it should just take a lot of turns and twists and stay focused on how the mix would kick ass at Roxy.
As the track was already very electroish, I thought it would also be cool if the kick digitally disintegrated at some point.
When we felt it was done, we set up a return meeting with Caresse at Maverick Studios on Sunset Blvd. She played it in her office with us sitting there, listening and decided right then and there that she liked it therefore indicating there were no changes to be made. Done, let’s do this.
In those days, there wasn’t really such a thing as a ‘spec mix’ yet and Thunderpuss never ever did do any spec mix. 
If a mix was scrapped (which happened rarely but yes, now and then it did e.g. N-Syncs “Bye, Bye Bye”) the record company usually put us on another project later on.

I reconnected with Caresse & on FB messege when i first joined Facebook Fall of 2009. We had a few chats back and forth. I knew she had retired from the Madonna camp by then. She was very sweet & down to earth IMO. I was very saddened to hear that a few months later in 2010 she would take her own life.

I just came across this today going through old Thunderpuss DATA Working Mix C.D.’s. I had totally forgotten i even made this. I did remember doing something with sampling Bohannon’s “Let’s Start The Dance” within this but honestly had not listen to this mix since i made it 2002 (16 years ago).

For the Madonna fans & or Thunderpuss aficionados…this one’s for you!!
Alternate DL link (.wav .mp3 .jpg) we.tl/t-DaGW990JEo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 10:20 PM, natalis said:

An unreleased remix from 2002 with a great story behind the project:

"Die Another Day" Thunderpuss Mix *The Back Story*
Once again in 2002 we were invited by Caresse Henry (Madonna’s manager at the time) to her office to discuss remixing Madonna’s new song from the upcoming James Bond Movie. Caresse told us that the movie producers actually wanted her to do a ballad but she said no.
We were told this song was called “Can’t You See My Mind” at the time to (keep everything secretive i suppose), were hand given the parts on C.D. and went to work at our studio.

When i first heard the drums that my Tpuss partner had created i immediately saw Roxy NYC in my mind and how great this would sound there.
When it was time to sink my teeth into it, i felt the mix should be very different from any mix we’d done before. It didn’t need new music composed. Let it be what it already is. There are lot’s of hooks in it already.
I felt it should just take a lot of turns and twists and stay focused on how the mix would kick ass at Roxy.
As the track was already very electroish, I thought it would also be cool if the kick digitally disintegrated at some point.
When we felt it was done, we set up a return meeting with Caresse at Maverick Studios on Sunset Blvd. She played it in her office with us sitting there, listening and decided right then and there that she liked it therefore indicating there were no changes to be made. Done, let’s do this.
In those days, there wasn’t really such a thing as a ‘spec mix’ yet and Thunderpuss never ever did do any spec mix. 
If a mix was scrapped (which happened rarely but yes, now and then it did e.g. N-Syncs “Bye, Bye Bye”) the record company usually put us on another project later on.

I reconnected with Caresse & on FB messege when i first joined Facebook Fall of 2009. We had a few chats back and forth. I knew she had retired from the Madonna camp by then. She was very sweet & down to earth IMO. I was very saddened to hear that a few months later in 2010 she would take her own life.

I just came across this today going through old Thunderpuss DATA Working Mix C.D.’s. I had totally forgotten i even made this. I did remember doing something with sampling Bohannon’s “Let’s Start The Dance” within this but honestly had not listen to this mix since i made it 2002 (16 years ago).

For the Madonna fans & or Thunderpuss aficionados…this one’s for you!!
Alternate DL link (.wav .mp3 .jpg) we.tl/t-DaGW990JEo

Wow finally we know the truth about "Can't you see me mind" ! Thanks a lot !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...