I saw this pic today on Facebook. Not necessarily “rare” but I just wondered if anyone else thought that the veil and crown looked a bit too similar to the dark veil and crown she wore for her entrance/“Girl Gone Wild” performance on the MDNA Tour? Wonder if there’s an actual connection? After all, MDNA was her post-divorce/ultimate angry breakup album....

3AB325CC-CD47-436B-B8F5-71D0060537FF.jpeg

21 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

I saw this pic today on Facebook. Not necessarily “rare” but I just wondered if anyone else thought that the veil and crown looked a bit too similar to the dark veil and crown she wore for her entrance/“Girl Gone Wild” performance on the MDNA Tour? Wonder if there’s an actual connection? After all, MDNA was her post-divorce/ultimate angry breakup album....

good eye!

On 12/23/2020 at 9:52 AM, madfan13_86 said:

Yes a lot of people said that too when this first leaked

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/madonna-showed-us-her-elite-head-games-in-truth-or-dare/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_brand=p4k&mbid=social_facebook&utm_social-type=owned

'..Since the doc’s release, critics have mainly concerned themselves with questions over its authenticity—is Truth or Dare really Madonna’s truth, or merely an attempt to champion herself?—as well as the singer’s co-option of Black and Latinx queer culture. While this might be enough for some to tune out, for others, the moral complexity and glaring imperfections punctuating Truth or Dare are what make the film so compelling. That, and Madonna’s enormous, boorish presence. She’s a pop superstar who appeals to our rebellious, histrionic, adolescent side. She’s a diva who can get away with it all. She’s the most extravagantly spoiled, rich white girl who ever lived...'

..'“Tomorrow, this is going to be in press around the world,” her manager told her, excitement flashing in the singer’s eyes. “They’ll just take you down to the station and ask a few questions, that’s the worst that can happen.” In reality, the stakes were too low for her to be questioned: a local newscast included in the film claims that officers ultimately “found nothing wrong” with the show. Paired with the earlier brush-off of a sexual assault, the glee of appearing overtly sexual onstage “for the papers” doesn’t sit right when you consider the long history of sex-positive women being wrongfully framed as “asking for it.”..'

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ8gn9Ag1s1/

Madonna shot by Kenji Wakasugi 23rd January 1985, Tokyo. In the studio there was one flash unit, one pink sofa, nothing else. Kenji had 45 minutes with Madonna. Published for the first time ‘Adore’ features 318 previously unseen frames, 200 pages. Launching soon at NJG ❤️❤️

137270413_413349649990094_6720875844449849897_n.jpg

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/why-joni-mitchell-hates-madonna/

'The folk troubadour is a firm believer that the advent of Madonna in the 1980s was a cultural turning point in America and not one for the better. What made Madonna such a global sensation was her unparalleled ability to split opinion. She didn’t care whether you loved her or hated her — as long as Madonna was the name on everybody’s lips...'

Yet someone like Madonna can be seen as a feminist hero because she’s exploiting her own sexuality rather than being exploited by some man. That’s an interesting idea, but what’s the difference between her and a hard hooker, you know? Who’s being exploited there? She’s revelling in herself, too. But she can take it. I guess that’s what it is. It’s just being able to take it, you know.

“She’s got that whore-Madonna thing built-in [laughs]. She’s like a living Barbie doll but a little bit on the blue side. There’s always been that type of female. There’s always been a market for it, but the danger is that she thinks she’s a role model. And it’s a terrible role model. It’s death to all things real.”