What's your fave version of Like a Prayer?

kurushitovska

• 5 years later...

Tough one. 

Honestly, my favourite is the 7" Dance Edit, which isn't on the list I see. It's apparently now the most rare too of all the officially released ones. It's the one I heard the most on the radio when I was a kid, so I have a special spot for it. 

I don't count Shep's 2 All Saints Mixes as they weren't officially released, although I love them. Are they even legit anyways? Even if so, their quality is so poor, I wouldn't be able to include them. 

So, from your list, I'd say the BAT version. It's EPIC.

• 1 year later...
On 1/9/2016 at 7:38 AM, Candy Perfume Boy said:

You missed the 7'' version which was available with and without fade ending. Essentially all the elements of the album version mixed by Shep and with extra guitars towards the end. Thats the best to my ear, second to that would be the Sticky and Sweet Tour Version

Just found out along with express yourself that there were 7 inche versions which sound much grander than the album versions after all these years! 

On 1/14/2016 at 8:12 AM, InfinityWithin said:

My favourite is the 7" version without fade.

It's almost identical to the album version, but is mixed by Shep Pettibone (Gooood!!!) and has a little bit more power (not only in the midnight hour).

The 7” is my favourite as well. It has just slightly more oomph to it (as do most of the 7” versions of M songs). I love the slightly deeper organ and more whimsical at the “now I’m dancing part”. Only thing missing is the “oh my god” intro from other versions