Did anything unusual happen in a concert you've attended?

poserdemadonna

She’s more spontaneous now than she used to be on tour. I attended all 3 Re-invention shows in Toronto and one of the nights she had a hard time finishing Papa Don’t Preach. She was laughing and couldnt finish the lyrics and the crowd went wild. I cant think of anything else crazy. Certainly not something like her yelling at fans for smoking in South America. 

• 3 months later...

Yes at Wembley Arena for the confessions tour my mate and where right next to the runway and got high fived by Madonna... as I jumped up my little finger got caught under her kabbalah string!! She chuckled! At the same concert we were sat next to William Orbit. It was also around the time we had heard liquid love. We said to him we had heard it and thought it was great! He said share it , get it out there , get it heard! As we were leaving he said Madonna had really fed off our energy! He then said he was off to go meet her! Unfortunately he couldn't take us lol!  Totally great night!

• 3 months later...

February 23rd, 2020 | MXT in Paris

In the midst of the Batuka interlude, the music stopped and the lights went on. Everyone was wondering about what happened for like 5 minutes, until Madonna herself came to stage dressed in her Batuka blue outfit along with Gaspar Varela. 
She said “Okay, this is not how the show supossed to go. We're trying to adapt the show into this venue (Gran Rex) because is the smaller we've been in, and are having some problems. But until everything gets fixed… I'm here for you”.

Obviously, we gave her an ovation. And for like 10 or 15 minutes, she chatted with us, talked about Gaspar, her influences and her Portugal influences. She told a couple jokes and seemed very down to earth. 

She also sang The Sound of Silence during those minutes, almost acapella with just Gaspar playing the guitar. And a bit of other song that I can’t remember right now, but it was a cover.

The theater was full of brazilians screaming “gostosa”, so she joked about why did she had to make a video with Anitta. She was about to sing something else, if I remember correctly, but then received a signal that everything was fine again and said something like “phew, saved by the bell”. Came back to backstage, lights went off again and the show continued exactly from the moment when it was cut.

It was a technical problem, of course, but for some reason it was also amazing haha. It felt even more close than the beer bitch segment: unintentionally, she showed herself as a really fun and cool person. She also didn't seem mad about the problem, just kinda worried. But very professional to came on stage and explain the situation.

Also, the fact to have my phone locked really made me appreciate more that moment lol. It was a unique experience that I will forever remember.

On 8/24/2022 at 6:02 AM, alvaroliam said:

February 23rd, 2020 | MXT in Paris

In the midst of the Batuka interlude, the music stopped and the lights went on. Everyone was wondering about what happened for like 5 minutes, until Madonna herself came to stage dressed in her Batuka blue outfit along with Gaspar Varela. 
She said “Okay, this is not how the show supossed to go. We're trying to adapt the show into this venue (Gran Rex) because is the smaller we've been in, and are having some problems. But until everything gets fixed… I'm here for you”.

Obviously, we gave her an ovation. And for like 10 or 15 minutes, she chatted with us, talked about Gaspar, her influences and her Portugal influences. She told a couple jokes and seemed very down to earth. 

She also sang The Sound of Silence during those minutes, almost acapella with just Gaspar playing the guitar. And a bit of other song that I can’t remember right now, but it was a cover.

The theater was full of brazilians screaming “gostosa”, so she joked about why did she had to make a video with Anitta. She was about to sing something else, if I remember correctly, but then received a signal that everything was fine again and said something like “phew, saved by the bell”. Came back to backstage, lights went off again and the show continued exactly from the moment when it was cut.

It was a technical problem, of course, but for some reason it was also amazing haha. It felt even more close than the beer bitch segment: unintentionally, she showed herself as a really fun and cool person. She also didn't seem mad about the problem, just kinda worried. But very professional to came on stage and explain the situation.

Also, the fact to have my phone locked really made me appreciate more that moment lol. It was a unique experience that I will forever remember.

Ah I was there too, but I thought she sang "Can't help falling in love" though there were so many nights with so many issues so who knows, so maybe it happened more than once. Agree though, it was a great moment and her voice was superb.

• 10 months later...

The final show of the MX tour in Chicago (which was supposed to be the first but got bumped to the last date of the run bc of the trickle down rescheduling). John Leguizamo was in the audience. She sat on his lap during the fado club segment. They chatted for what felt like several minutes. She told him she used to have a crush on him when he and Sean did a movie together in the 80s.

I didn’t go to it but the final MDNA date here was where she sang Love Spent for the first time. I ALMOST bought a ticket for it last minute that morning but decided not to. The next morning I read about her doing LS on another fan site and was so pissed haha. Still sort of am.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sticky and Sweet Manchester , a giant hook fell from the ceiling during Devil and apparently hurt somebody in the audience. I don't recall the details but I remember being able to see the hook on my videos at the time, which I no longer have.

I may be misremembering but this was the general gist.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Celebration Tour:

Lisbon 6th: the Like a Prayer estructure abruptly stopped during the performance

At the first show in Paris (Nov 12th) was the first time the stage move around with her in the middle on Nothing Really Matters. In the show I remember I was worried because I thought it was a technical failure (she mentioned  thart couldn't her the cues in the beginning of the song so I imagined they were 'reseting' the show lol)

• 3 weeks later...

On the second show in São Paulo (December 20 2008) there was a quick problem with the screen and sound in the beginning of "Get Stupid". 
At the MDNA concert in Porto Alegre, she cut two songs (Like A Virgin and Love Spent). The concert started almost three hours late and the crowd got really pissed. It was Sunday, the day was really really really hot and most people started to curse and boo. Then, during her speech, she said she almost didn't go on stage because of a cold. I was at the golden triangle on that day and saw the whole rehearsal. 
When the concert ended it was past 1 am. That's why I don't take her seriously when she says, "I love my fans". She loves money. Whenever she performs in latin American countries she shows how disrespectful she is towards her fans. 

4 hours ago, michel.kettermann said:

On the second show in São Paulo (December 20 2008) there was a quick problem with the screen and sound in the beginning of "Get Stupid". 
At the MDNA concert in Porto Alegre, she cut two songs (Like A Virgin and Love Spent). The concert started almost three hours late and the crowd got really pissed. It was Sunday, the day was really really really hot and most people started to curse and boo. Then, during her speech, she said she almost didn't go on stage because of a cold. I was at the golden triangle on that day and saw the whole rehearsal. 
When the concert ended it was past 1 am. That's why I don't take her seriously when she says, "I love my fans". She loves money. Whenever she performs in latin American countries she shows how disrespectful she is towards her fans. 

One of the main reasons I didn't attend MDNAT was because her lateness. The S&ST concert I did attend started at 8:30pm most because of the rainstorm, she felt by starting sooner, the ending sooner. The Rio concert for MDNAT also ended at 1am. Having never gone to Parque dos Atletas and knowing the bad reputation of venue's neighbourhoods, I felt better by staying at home. Lost her showing her vagina during Like a Virgin but YouTube didn't remove the full concert video. I also loathed MDNAT concert and setlist by then which also played a very good part in me not attending that.

MDNA era was a failure in every sense. Much worse than American Life one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got quite a few (some have been mentioned) 1 Id like to add is in the pit RIT during nobody knows me YES WE KNOW ITS LIPPED But actually it isnt to her (you can hear her, the sound is different back there before the speakers). The conveyor belt came to us and she couldnt hear her voice (Like her mic wasnt working). OMG she looked to the sound person almost back stage with killer eyes.   If looks could kill he's dead now.   Shes the fucking boss. 

30 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Ive got quite a few (some have been mentioned) 1 Id like to add is in the pit RIT during nobody knows me YES WE KNOW ITS LIPPED But actually it isnt to her (you can hear her, the sound is different back there before the speakers). The conveyor belt came to us and she couldnt hear her voice (Like her mic wasnt working). OMG she looked to the sound person almost back stage with killer eyes.   If looks could kill he's dead now.   Shes the fucking boss. 

She's not the QUEEN OF POP BY CHANCE.

WOULD NEVER BE.