Did anything unusual happen in a concert you've attended?

poserdemadonna

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

In ''The Girlie Show Tour'' at Puerto Rico , she wiped the Puerto Rican flag on her crotch! https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/tag/puerto-rico/

Then when she came back to Puerto Rico for the Rebel Heart tour she was 3 hours late on both of her 2 dates! Show started at 11pm instead of 8pm! She also never apologized for the flag incident. 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:53 AM, RinoTheBouncer said:

Later she flashed her nipples for the very first time during Human Nature and the next morning every newspaper was talking about her. 

You mean on tour, right? Cause I kinda lost count on how many times we've seen her meaty nipples throughout the years :laughing:

07dd5-madonna.jpg

• 2 months later...

S&S in Vienna: She chose 'Dress You Up' as a request song that night. It wasn't very popular in central Europe back in the 80s when M launched her career, so, fans stood there not knowing what was going on. She was really pissed because no one seemed to know the lyrics.

MDNA Tour Vienna 2012: She was late after the costume change before 'Express Yourself' and later that night before 'I'm Addicted' when she even started singing the opening words to both songs while still being under the/backstage.

Sorry for the poor quality (the other videos were muted)

this fan films down on the lift at the end of the golden triangle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re-invention Tour Toronto - 

M spoke before Crazy For You, I think it may be on YouTube... sniffing and going “aaaaahh good ol Canadian Air” - meaning it’s smelled like pot LOL. I know the girls behind me smoked up a few times during the opening and throughout the show. She also said she didn’t want to leave, that we should stage a protest “We could stay here all night and I could do ALL of my songs!” “And they can TRY to arrest me again!” I think that was her last show in Toronto

She also fell pretty bad in the catwalk during Music. All I remember hearing were gasps.

Such a memory. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

In Paris Bercy for the Blond Ambition. On the last date, she kept having problems with her microphone. It started in Open your heart, where in the middle of the song she came to the edge of the stage on the right side with her back on us and a technician tried to fix the little box she had on her back. In Keep it together she was given a hand microphone that stopped working very quickly, so after a while she threw it back with anger in the space between the stage and us. Gaultier joined her on stage after Holiday. She was calling him and telling him to hurry up, she was talking in French and with a very good accent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/3/2016 at 5:14 PM, DickTracy said:

She flubs the words to an amazing rendition of "You'll See" DWT Philly. "True Blue" dedication to Debi Mazar and Sean Penn speech at Barclay's Center RHT Brooklyn.

I was at the Brooklyn show too! Kelly Ripa was there with Anderson Cooper and I had a clear view of her being wasted. She also gave that speech about how she questions the validity of marriage now (in a joking way). 

I also remember the huge ovation she got for "Ghosttown" that brought her to tears. One of my favorite live music moments. 

On 4/10/2020 at 4:01 PM, Gâteau said:

RHT London: she was on time

MX Paris: video wall crashed during the Cap Verde interlude and she had to entertain the crowd for a few minutes 

London, haha, yes so unusual nowadays. For me it was also the MX Paris where everything stopped and she came out and apologised and sang 'can't help falling in love'. 

Also Confessions Tokyo final night, the dancers all came out in coloured wigs for one of the final numbers, Madonna looked surprised.

• 5 months later...

Sticky and Sweet 2008 - Rio de Janeiro

It was M´s first show in Brazil in 15 years. It rained all day, all night. It was a sold out gig in the biggest stadium of Brazil. 

Her costume in Candy Shop was quite different. She wore different boots and jacket.

Her assitant Dimitri held an umbrella for her during Human Nature and You Must Love Me.

In She´s Not Me, she slipped and fell on the catwalk. And actted as it was part of the choreography. 

Due to the insistent rain, people of her crew, dancers and even Madonna herself constantly dried the stage with cloth, sometimes during the songs and between them.

At the request song moment, a guy asked for Everybody. She replied that didn´t like that song, so she picked up another person from the audience to chose another song. It was Express Yourself

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 6:17 PM, Andymad said:

Re-invention Tour Toronto - 

M spoke before Crazy For You, I think it may be on YouTube... sniffing and going “aaaaahh good ol Canadian Air” - meaning it’s smelled like pot LOL. I know the girls behind me smoked up a few times during the opening and throughout the show. She also said she didn’t want to leave, that we should stage a protest “We could stay here all night and I could do ALL of my songs!” “And they can TRY to arrest me again!” I think that was her last show in Toronto

She also fell pretty bad in the catwalk during Music. All I remember hearing were gasps.

Such a memory. 

Aww I was there! That was a great night. 

On 3/17/2021 at 12:00 AM, Dj Garrido said:

Sticky and Sweet 2008 - Rio de Janeiro

It was M´s first show in Brazil in 15 years. It rained all day, all night. It was a sold out gig in the biggest stadium of Brazil. 

Her costume in Candy Shop was quite different. She wore different boots and jacket.

Her assitant Dimitri held an umbrella for her during Human Nature and You Must Love Me.

In She´s Not Me, she slipped and fell on the catwalk. And actted as it was part of the choreography. 

Due to the insistent rain, people of her crew, dancers and even Madonna herself constantly dried the stage with cloth, sometimes during the songs and between them.

At the request song moment, a guy asked for Everybody. She replied that didn´t like that song, so she picked up another person from the audience to chose another song. It was Express Yourself

I always hated how Express Yourself turned into the go-to for acapella lol. Like cmon girl give us the full song!

I had tix to see the Drowned World Tour on 9/11.  So that date of course got scrapped and then rescheduled to what wound up becoming the last night of the tour.  (The show was ending in LA anyway, it just closed on the 15th instead of the 14th or something.) I vividly remember… her giving a pretty impassioned speecheabout how we should NOT RUSH into a war.  I agreed with her sentiment, but thought she was over the top worrying needlessly.

Hah. Of course we DID go to war and it was utterly futile and bogus. Completely built on lies. Lies for which NO ONE was ever held accountable.

Edited by Markdonna
Typos (see edit history)