Madonna: True Blue (Poll)

angelamanda623

Madonna: True Blue (Poll)  

75 members voted

1. 1. Which hit is your favorite from Madonna's third album (standard version)?

• Papa Don't Preach
    • Open Your Heart
    • White Heat
    • Live To Tell
    • Where's The Party
    • True Blue
    • La Isla Bonita
    • Jimmy Jimmy
    • Love Makes The World Go Round

Posted Image

Though it seems that "La Isla Bonita" might be our Queen's favorite from this album, I mean how many times is she going to do it on tour?, I have recently changed my selection personally.  Though I have always been a fan of "Open Your Heart" (and still am), I find myself liking "White Heat" a lot more than OYH nowadays.

Which one is your favorite?

(Also, just so that everyone is in the loop, obviously I am going through every album.  I am also going to have some special categories like Movie Classics.  When all is said and one, though, we will pick and choose through every song that has gotten at least five votes and choose our ultimate Madonna classic.  Currently in the running are:  "Borderline", "Burning Up", "Holiday", "Physical Attraction", "Everybody", "Angel", "Over And Over", "Dress You Up" and "Into The Groove".)

I always thought she would bring back and re-invent Where's The Party. I would have preferred that to Open Your Heart from the MDNA tour. That was awful. And I voted for OYH too. But, I still lurve it :)

I think it would have been much better had she not slowed it down. It was so anti-climatic.Anyway, I also voted for OYH definitely one of my all time favourite M songs.

"Live To Tell" marked the existence of a more serious Madonna, and True Blue in general showed that M has here to stay, and she was not only a machine of hits for teens. the release of this album is the most impostant moment in her carreer, and something that truly made a difference.

althought I love "Live To Tell", "White Heat" is also really interesting, and exciting to listen. (can you imagine that song instead of "Revolver" on The MDNA Tour? also, replace "Hung Up" for "Sorry" and you'd get the perfect first act).

PS: i am OVERWHELMED by the votes that "Where's The Party?" has gotten.

• 2 weeks later...