What year did you become a Madonna fan?

Osh Åžarif

Hello everyone I'm new here.I have been a fan since day one!!! Remember hearing Holiday and instantly falling in love!

Welcome Xavier. Good to see another "oldie but goodie" fan among us. ;)

Well which is it? '86 ot '87 Rebel Girl? I recall you mentioned that "Papa Don't Preach" was the song that hooked you as a fan. That came out the early summer of '86.

Ok,...I'll put 1986. Sorry..I just know that it was sometime after the release but, not sure when exactly which is why I put both years.

I'm just giving you a hard time. :rebel:  I was just wondering if you were confused at what year it came out?

• 1 year later...

One of my ex-girlfriends was a Madonna fan. One day she told me that Madonna has just release a new album, called "Ray of light", so she recorded to me on a tape the full album plus a few songs (Deeper and deeper - Secret - Love dont live here anymore - Why its so hard? - I want you). I loved so much "Ray of light" that I bought the CD.

A few weeks later she gave me as a present "Like a prayer" and I loved too. After that came "Who´s that girl", "Erotica"... and we break.

Now she hates Madonna and prefers heavy music, specially Marilyn Manson.

I knew some Madonna songs since I was a child, but for me, it wasn't until I watched her perform in the EMAS in my country (2005 - Lisbon) that I became a real fan. 

First time I heard Hung Up, I started getting to know more about her and I fell in love. When the Confessions Tour DVD came out it was total madness for me: I watched it countless times. I couldn't wait to see her live. That happened in 2008 and now... well, I can't imagine my life without her.

well I clearly remember I love her lucky star music video and i have material girl picture on the wall in my room.

So i became her fan since 1983 but I clearly knew that became hardcore fan at 1986. 

That true blue album era...ahhh... I just shocked... her new powerful vocal, her style, music video,...just perfection.

To be honest I don't really know, it must have been at the back end of the like a virgin era, but in the Netherlands her singles were re-released between LAV and TB so it's kind of a blur to figure out the exact year, but it's probably 1984. But I was so little, I didn't fully understand that artists had records and also released new ones, haha, it was just kind of THERE. It wasn't until 1988 that I had my own record (obviously wtg as that was forever on sale) before that I only had tapes friends made for me or recorded from the radio. Even so, Material Girl was my tune! I remember strutting through the house draped in a fuxia wool blanket spreading around boardgame money, (ever the perfectionist I only used the black and white bills)

I remember hearing Holiday on the radio when it was released and liking it but Borderline sealed the deal, then Like a Virgin happened and the world changed forever. I know I'm an oldie on here but I feel really priviliged to have been along for the whole ride of M's career. I can pinpoint so many times in my life by working out what M was releasing at the time.