Tears Of A Clown: Your thoughts.

Stevo

Tears Of A Clown  

42 members voted

1. 1. What was your favourite performance from Tears Of A Clown?

2. 2. If any, which song were you the most surprised to hear?

• Send In The Clowns
    • Drowned World
    • X-static Process
    • Between The Bars
    • Nobody's Perfect
    • Easy Ride
    • Intervention
    • I'm So Stupid
    • Paradise
    • Joan Of Arc
    • Don't Tell Me
    • Mer Girl
    • Borderline
    • Take A Bow
    • Holiday

Just another bit of fun..... Following on from the incredible Tears Of A Clown show, a couple of questions:Question 1. What was your favourite performance? (Multiple choice as I think its hard to narrow it down to just one, but let's be sensible and not check everything lol).Question 2. Was there any song that she did that you really would never have expected her to do?I'm interested to see what people think. :-)

My highlights were Send In The ClownsDrowned WorldX-static ProcessNobody's PerfectEasy RideInterventionMer GirlBorderlineI loved all the other performances too, but these were the creme de la creme for me.I was most surprised to hear Nobody's Perfect. I honestly never thought she'd ever revisit this song after DWT. But I'm so glad she did, it's my favourite non-single from Music.

Intervention was amazing, the best momento to me, this segment Madonna wasn´t the singer world know, this moment Madonna was a mother, with tears in her eyes. Probably this is my American Life favourite track with Nothing Fails.

The big surprise to me was EASY RIDE, I never thought she would sing this song live someday.

The big surprise to me was EASY RIDE, I never thought she would sing this song live someday.

Im going to embarras myself here....I haven't watched every bit of footage from the AL promos she did. Did she ever do the American Life songs she did on TOAC live on any of these promos? Or is TOAC their first live performances? I don't recall, except for x-static process I think. I'm probably wrong about that though too though lolThanks

Havent watched the whole show yet as was gonna wait for the pro-shot version but drowned world was my favourite as its a very personal song to me - this show kind of reminded me of a question a fan once asked her about doing an acoustic show where she would just perform in a small arena and just do ballad songs so i guess thats where she maybe got the idea from ? i thought she would have done falling free too as its one of her favourite tracks(and mine) ? that song would have been very poignant considering the last few months shes had ?

Im going to embarras myself here....I haven't watched every bit of footage from the AL promos she did. Did she ever do the American Life songs she did on TOAC live on any of these promos? Or is TOAC their first live performances? I don't recall, except for x-static process I think. I'm probably wrong about that though too though lolThanks

American Life, Hollywood, Nothing Fails, X-Static Process & Mother And Father were on promo tour.

Many peaks in just one simple concert, a really amazing surprise: the show has still to be improved of course, especially under a theatrical point of view. It had a few weak parts and some clear indecisions, she looked like lost in some moments, but she often repeated that that was an open rehearsal and still very rough, so. Then I admire her so much for exposing her talent and creativity trying new things in such a spontaneous way, with the emotion and bravery many of her younger competitors very rarely seem to have.

Under the musical point of view, I had emotional bumps when (and for how) she performed Send in The Clowns, Between the Bars (wich I absolutely adore), Intervention (I really rediscovered the track), Mer Girl and Borderline (wich was simply perfect, that intimate and acoustic). Instead I would have prefered a little less Music (3) and American Life (4) tracks for a little more of Bedtime Stories (Inside of Me, also just Secret) and Ray of Light (Swim, The Power of Goodbye or To Have and Not To Hold) and of course my beloved Rain and Love Spent.

Anyway I'm 90% sure she's going to repeat it, maybe in the summer for a very few gigs, but most of all I'm still "dazed and confused" about HAVING THE CHANCE TO TALK ABOUT SERIOUS TRACKLISTING LIKE THIS!!! I would have never thought it possible just two days ago.

SO THANK YOU M, this is really the most amazing gift you could think for us!!!

(even if it sadly makes me think that the news we all fear can be at the horizon now)

I too want to wait to see the pro-shot... but from what I've skimmed through so far... nobody perfect and intervention stick out hard.  they sounded so beautiful. But those grillz though.....  I have to honestly say that was the poorest choice of the whole entire project, to do the entire show with them in. But, it's her show :) and she exposed so much of herself which alone, is beautiful enough.

I think her next compilation album should be a collection of songs that were not hits like this concert--some re-recorded and new track like Send in the Clowns. I really hope she revisits this concept in some form, and maybe expand the setlist and theatrics. Maybe amp-up the "fun" angle to contrast the "sad clown" tone of this show--well with songs instead of a few jokes in between. But I really admire the performative notion of the night--even if she seemed a little stiff at first with being so free and unscripted (like how she kept looking at her notes or starting over songs). Songs that could fit really well in a show like this: Physical Attraction, Think of Me, Pretender, Spotlight, Gambler, Where's The Party, I'll Remember, This Used To Be My Playground, Cry Baby, You Must Love Me, Survival, Love Tried To Welcome Me, Skin, OMG too many I love love love that she is revisiting herself like this. As far as new songs I like the ones she added, but this one I'd die if she ever considered ... I Started A Joke (by the Bee Gees). It would fit so well. I also like the Pet Shop Boys cover of it.

My favorite part was Madonna on a bike. MADONNA ON A BIKE.

My second favorite is Paradise. My. Face. Remains. She sang it quite powerfully.

I liked her wig and she looked so diabolically fierce coming in on that bike lol adorable.

I'm not a ballad fan when it comes to M, but it was a treat. We truly are a lucky fan base.

MADONNA ON A  BIKE.

send in the clown all the way!

I was falling in love with this song since when I saw this video few years ago.

it was so beautiful I cried and I imagine that if Madonna sing that song then how beautiful it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOE_ELE6kQA

And now I witness that it was not just beautiful it is very touching, emotional and even get sadness from her performance.

I just love it so much! 

Madonna should make this song as single.

And I get this vibe from tears of crown show which we are gonna get whole ballad song album very soon again.

Something to remember No2 and it's title gonna be tears of crown for sure.

My ultimate favourite moment was Send in the Clowns. Also Nobody's Perfect, Paradise (Not for Me), Mer Girl & X-Static Process. I'm glad she performed Between the Bars too but I haven't seen that performance yet. She also said she has a borderine personality at this show, I'm surprised to see no comments about it.. I don't think that was a joke. People are unusually hard on her though and I'd have thought that would have picked up a few more comments, but I haven't seen one. Surely that wasn't a joke?