Remixes Which song had the BEST remixes?

kurushitovska

Madonna has released a total of 78 singles. Most of them got official remixes included in their physical releases on CD or vinyl, so wich single of those 78 got the best remixes?

I think Fever's remixes are amazing. Deep, house... even the extended 12" mix is amazing. Shep's Remedy Dub with the sax, and the bass is a killer.

Also Deeper and Deeper's remixes are good. David's Classic, Momo's Fantasy sound pretty futuristic for being released in 1993, and Shep's remixes are always awesome. Did Erotica get the best remixes ever?

Secret's Junior Luscious are amazing too, it's not that I like this song very much, but the remixes are good.

Madonna is probably one of the most remixed artists in music history, so there are a lot of mixes in her catalogue. The remixes that were officially released from the Like A Prayer era to the COADF one are probably the best ones; well deserved #1 spots on Billboard's Hot Dance Club. 

I think the songs that have the best remixes (officially speaking) are Bedtime Story, Nothing Really Matters, American Pie, Die Another Day, Hung Up and Sorry.

In the Hard Candy era there were pretty decent remixes, like the ones Peter Rauhofer made for 4 Minutes and Miles Away (why the hell didn't they released these?), or the Oakenfold remix of Give It 2 Me.

But overall, I think the song that got the best remixes is Ray Of Light. I have a weakness for long remixes, and these are very very long (almost 11 minutes, each). Sasha and Victor Calderone did a great work with it.

I just started exploring her remixes I got pretty much every single mostly it's patchy til Like a Prayer and onwards. At the moment the Ray of Light singles I will agree weaker than expected. I mean they made Sky Fits Heaven more dull on the Drowned World singles. It was the start of electronic era minus the remix so expect something. 

But Music on threw to MDNA are stellar. I want to say so much right now I got like 60 something singles awhile back but singles with some of the best:

Erotica

Music

Don't Tell Me

Die Another Day 

American Life

Hollywood

Jump

Revolver

Girl Gone Wild

Turn Up the Radio 

And could say GGW is one of the most solid. And what is up with Ghosttown, never has a slow jam been mixed so badly  and many times. Does this not sound like an 80's sitcom theme or a newscast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmvtevoM938

My favourite mix is still probably the 12" mix of Open Your Heart and then second is Orbits 9 minute mix Of Some Girls - just awesome and a shame it wasnt released officially too - i love how she used OYH as the intro to the WTG tour - in terms of sets of mixes i pretty much think Shep Pettibone has done her best ones especially , Like A Prayer, EY, keep it, Rescue Me - I think the last decade has been pretty dire for her remix wise ? I remember when the American Life album came out and i thought the remixes to AL, Hollywood, Mother & Father and Love Profusion sounded better than the album versions which must mean they were pretty good - Post AL i didnt think there were any decent remixes and the MDNA and Rebel Heart remixes were all terrible imo

Post AL i didnt think there were any decent remixes and the MDNA and Rebel Heart remixes were all terrible imo

I agree with you on this. Remixes were great until and including AL. The COADF mixes and beyond are pretty crappy. I liked a few of the mixes of 4 Minutes, Celebration and Revolver though, but NOT the Guetta mixes......Posted Image

Remixes of Rescue me and Causing a commotion

Lucont remixes of Jump (the perfect one!) and Hollywood (the classic one)

Some remixes of Fever are f* good

Love don't live here anymore 1996 promo remixes

ROL remixes were awesome

Calderone for Don't tell me & WIFLAG

Thunderpuss for Die another day

Best eras were Erotica, ROL, Music and Confessions.

Worst remixes ever were those of the 2 last albums... Awfull and shitty ones... Disaster. Just a little few to save and a lot I hope to forget!

• 1 year later...

My favorite one is 'Sorry'. After a certain point, endless house and techno remixes bore the shit out of me, but the self-remixed 'Sorry' really appealed to me with every remix it received, even before I bought the CD single.

I also love the video remixes of 'What It Feels like for a Girl', 'Fever', and 'Love Don't Here Anymore' in addition to 'Express Yourself' and the Virgin Tour remix of 'Dress You Up'.

Single remix of 'Keep It Together' is also better than the album version.

Until Madonna left Warner there was almost on every single a remix that I absolutely love so it´s too difficult for me to pick one song. Unfortunately since MDNA most of the remixes were subpar and not really good and because of that I lost interest in her remixes.

Sorry for being a little bit off topic.

No love for Frozen remixes? I thought Orbits versions were superb and I love the clunky funky Stereo MC's mix.

The circuit DJ of the moment remixes (Vasquez, Rauhofer, Calderone, Benassi, Solveig and almost every Hard Candy, MDNA, and RH "club remixes") often age worse than rotten eggs to an almost embarrassing reminiscence listening to JV Secret for instance... Disastrous, but a cute time capsule of a point in time I suppose. I prefer when a remix recaptures the actual song therefore recently Flechette's Bitch I'm Madonna is basically the only acceptable modern remix. I liked the Djemba mix of LFL too as its more of an extended version.