What did you think of her perfume??

patriziagucci

• 6 years later...
On 4/26/2016 at 8:51 AM, patriziagucci said:

Incidentally, did anyone hunt down Robert Piguet's Fracas, which was the inspiration for TOD and it is the perfume she actually wears? It's amazing, I wear it everyday now.

I have. It smells divine and Truth or Dare can't hold a candle to Fracas.

I was sooo excited when I heard that Madonna was releasing her own perfume, and after an endless wait I got my hands on a sampler, and was sooo disappointed. It smelled awful.

I did however buy both ToD and ToD-Naked. :)

I really liked Truth or Dare, but it was too heavy for me, I got a bottle for my mom, who was 70 at that time and she absolutely loved it. It's definitely a perfume for an older lady and it matched my mom's taste perfectly. I was impressed with how strong it was and it lasted forever, you could smell it on the skin even after a shower and it stayed on the clothes for days, one of the most long lasting perfumes I know.

I'd say that the concept (white flowers only, nothing else) and the strength matched that of high quality expensive niche perfumes. Definitely not a typical sweet floral celebrity scent that disappears after a few hours, but too old fashioned to be a commercial success.

I bought it for my mom and she loved it, everyone was asking what perfume she had because it was so nice. It's strong at the beginning but it fades and it's really sweet. 

Are they still making it? 

The problem with those Madonna's projects was the targeting, 90% of her fans are gays and she relased perfume for women, skin, shoes etc... 

4 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

I bought it for my mom and she loved it, everyone was asking what perfume she had because it was so nice. It's strong at the beginning but it fades and it's really sweet. 

Are they still making it? 

The problem with those Madonna's projects was the targeting, 90% of her fans are gays and she relased perfume for women, skin, shoes etc... 

Kylie has had the right idea marketing to gay men.