What did you think of her perfume??

patriziagucci

I really liked it because it was so different for a celebrity fragrance - they're normally sickly sweet.  I was working in fragrance sales when it launched and a lot of the feedback was that it smelled like an older ladies fragrance.  Had she collaborated with Lancome or Estee Lauder, the target audience for that kind of smell was right there, and they probably would have helped her refine the fragrance a little.

I really liked it because it was so different for a celebrity fragrance - they're normally sickly sweet.  I was working in fragrance sales when it launched and a lot of the feedback was that it smelled like an older ladies fragrance.  Had she collaborated with Lancome or Estee Lauder, the target audience for that kind of smell was right there, and they probably would have helped her refine the fragrance a little.

Where did you work?? Tell me everything please, how much did it sell, what did people say, etc. I also think Coty was the wrong people to be with, they are so cheap, they couldn't even use white glass for the bottle.

I worked for Coty. Yes it was a mistake.  Sales peaked after a few weeks, was pulled from Boots (amazingly one of the UK's biggest fragrance retailer) within months.  The second fragrance performed even worse, not even a nude M in the promo stuff could save it.  Coty do most of the celeb fragrances, I believe the sales patter with celebs involved the range of stores that Coty can supply directly to, so the celebs get to keep some control over where the fragrance is sold, how much, how the promo looks etc.

I worked for Coty. Yes it was a mistake.  Sales peaked after a few weeks, was pulled from Boots (amazingly one of the UK's biggest fragrance retailer) within months.  The second fragrance performed even worse, not even a nude M in the promo stuff could save it.  Coty do most of the celeb fragrances, I believe the sales patter with celebs involved the range of stores that Coty can supply directly to, so the celebs get to keep some control over where the fragrance is sold, how much, how the promo looks etc.

What did you do for Coty? What more can you tell me? I'm very curious. Do you think Coty could have changed the formula after it performed so poorly? It seriously doesn't smell the same. How bad were the sales? Tell me more about the Naked one, was she even involved?? Why was the bottle so cheap for both, etc.

I was sales manager for central london, and left a couple years ago, if they changed the formula whilst I was there they didn't let me know, but that doesn't usually happen.  If they want to tweak a formula they'll bring it out as a sister fragrance. 

Well the perfumes get reformulated all the time, they don't really tell anybody. How much did it actually sell?? Did they lose with their Madonna endorsement? Sorry to be so nosy, I just have no idea.

• 2 weeks later...

that's MDNA Skin! it's not a fragance.. actually i'm not even sure what MDNA Skin is, but she looked pretty at the launch so 

that wasn't the launch, it's been out since 2014, one more reason to believe she's involved because she dropped the Truth Or Dare brand like two days after it launched.,

• 1 month later...