Should Madonna rerelease The Virgin Tour DVD?

ariosoperfumegirl

I really love Angel, I was so sad thinking of how it will probably never be performed again, or will be on a GH compilation.

So I was thinking of what if The Virgin Tour was rereleased with Angel, Burning Up and Borderline included with the original setlist so that we will finally see their performances!

What do you think?

• 9 months later...

I remember Carese Henry stating they were working on getting it out, this was thru ICON pre-internet or at least pre Madonna.com. Obviously it never happened and we never heard why. The footage exists, or at least did. There was a rumour it was in storage in one of the twin towers, but that may have been just a rumour. 

Never heard anyone who has said they have seen it. Same with full BAT in Bercy, have never heard a single person even state it is floating around.

I'm sure those recordings are somewhere. Maybe they are not edited for the VHS but I'm sure they exists.

I think the problem here is that (as always) they don't really know where those  recordings are. When Madonna was asked about the "Blond Ambition" Paris concert to be released, she told something like "When I find the recordings" and Alek Keshishian told that the tapes were lost. That the company was bought by other company, and this new company bought by a bigger one and nobody knew where the tapes were and that even the owner didn't know that they have them. And, months ago Madonna uploaded to instagram videos of her on a "warehouse" (I don't know if this is the correct word) and we could see lots of "Truth or dare" tapes that maybe were there for more than 20 years and nobody looked to them.

Other problem with this is that Madonna doesn't seem interested in releasing those things. She isn't interested on selling over and over again her past, she always looks to give something new. If she doesn't want to re-release her albums with bonus songs or make a decent compilation of her videos for "Celebration" why somebody would be interested in waste time looking for something like that if it won't be released?

The same way that we have the B-roll of "Vogue" or "Rain" I'm sure that the recordings of "The Virgin Tour" are there too. Why would they save those video outtakes and distroy the filming of the tour? Maybe someday we'll see it.

A friend of mine is Michael Jackson's fan. I remember talking with him about "The Bad Tour". I wanted to see it and told me that there was only a professional recording of one Japan Show and nothing more. Whe he died the London Show was released as a bonus DVD of the "Bad" album or something like that. Lots of people were surprised because they didn't know it existed. Later I read that it was for Michael Jackson's personal collection, was never intended to be released.

I think with "The virgin tour" will happen the same. And sooner or later (sadly I think it will be more later than sooner) it will see the light of day.

A friend of mine is Michael Jackson's fan. I remember talking with him about "The Bad Tour". I wanted to see it and told me that there was only a professional recording of one Japan Show and nothing more. Whe he died the London Show was released as a bonus DVD of the "Bad" album or something like that. Lots of people were surprised because they didn't know it existed. Later I read that it was for Michael Jackson's personal collection, was never intended to be released.

I think with "The virgin tour" will happen the same. And sooner or later (sadly I think it will be more later than sooner) it will see the light of day.

The Michael Jackson show probably was the footage from the screens in the venue. Most artists save these.

Madonna has archived every show, however apparently this practice only started with WTG Tour. 

Jamesy from Madonna-tv.com I believe was the one to confirm this, as he had talked with someone from Nocturnal (the company that tapes the shows from the screens) Unless one of the venues kept their own copy somehow, I doubt The Virgin Tour will be seen in full unless the film footage from Detroit still exists.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...