Should Madonna rerelease The Virgin Tour DVD?

ariosoperfumegirl

On 11/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

A Blu-Ray box set of all of her tours, including The Virgin Tour, Blond Ambition, and Re-Invention remastered would literally be a dream at this point.

They simply would just need to find the Paris show or any BA recording shot on film and remaster the other two and there you go. But Team Madonna seems to care less at this point.

• 5 months later...
On 10/20/2017 at 1:10 AM, Guest said:

Certainly effective when at the show, but I wouldn't think it would feel the same way on video.  I like the speech because as at the time, it was the first glimpse of her transition into a full blonde for Shanghai Surprise and later for "Live To Tell".  

As for the absence of the songs, "Angel", "Borderline" and "Burning Up", I recall from early on, it was said the recordings weren't very good performances and that is why they were left off.  But back then, fans didn't really make a big deal about it as they do now when she leaves out stuff.

'Burning Up' was ultra sexual that is way it was cut. The video tape was rather cheap beucause it was aimed at her core audience that is, children, tweens, teenagers and young people.

• 8 months later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

It'd be great, but was there ever any confirmation that the missing songs were filmed? If they were I can't imagine her team knowing where they are.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
46 minutes ago, deathproof said:

The ballon drop was filmed. That was from the Angel performance.

Oh well then it probably was filmed. I really hope it still exists.

I know her vocals aren't great on the Angel performance, but I still want to see it because the combination of the balloon drop and the way I heard she sang to the audience makes it sound like a cute performance even if it wasn't great vocally. I'm also curious about Burning Up because everyone says it was the raciest performance of the set list, which might've been why it didn't make the VHS. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/12/2021 at 12:34 PM, brank000 said:

I remember reading on a forum (maybe here?) that what's on the home video was meant to be some kind of TV broadcast and the 3 songs were cut so it could easily fit in an hour timeslot... I don't know how much truth there is to this, but i always kinda believed it.

Well, an old-fashioned laserdisc would feature an exact 60 min length footage.

I suspect 'tis the very same reason behind the large cuts to Kylie Minogue's Let's Get to It Tour concert film (which was overall awful and for sure Kylie herself agrees)

On 1/19/2021 at 12:07 AM, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

Yes, yes, a million times yes. It bugs me that we can't see Burning Up, Borderline, or Angel in even half-decent quality. I wonder why those songs didn't make it onto the VHS? 

Borderline the way it was performed, being halfway cut for tour (entire 1st verse + chorus missed), really deserved to get removed from concert film. I said what I said.

Angel didn't deserve to suffer same fate though (but I do believe her emotions while performing it in her hometown kinda ruined the experience for her, if only someone who actually attended this concert could confirm this...(

17 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Borderline the way it was performed, being halfway cut for tour (entire 1st verse + chorus missed), really deserved to get removed from concert film. I said what I said.

Angel didn't deserve to suffer same fate though (but I do believe her emotions while performing it in her hometown kinda ruined the experience for her, if only someone who actually attended this concert could confirm this...(

'Angel didn't deserve to suffer same fate though (but I do believe her emotions while performing it in her hometown kinda ruined the experience for her, if only someone who actually attended this concert could confirm this..'

please tell us more

31 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

'Angel didn't deserve to suffer same fate though (but I do believe her emotions while performing it in her hometown kinda ruined the experience for her, if only someone who actually attended this concert could confirm this..'

please tell us more

she broke down crying in the speech after holiday before reprising it

I was never elected homecoming queen but I feel like one now

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...