Madonna: Music (Poll)

angelamanda623

Madonna: Music  

50 members voted

1. 1. Simply a great album, which one do you like?

• Music
    • Impressive Instant
    • Runaway Lover
    • I Deserve It
    • Amazing
    • Nobody's Perfect
    • Don't Tell Me
    • What It Feels Like For A Girl
    • Paradise (Not For Me)
    • Gone

And -finally!- we are at my favorite M album.  Besides "Amazing", there is not one single track on this album that does not move.  Still, I have a favorite:  "Gone".  It's simply too beautiful!  

What is your favorite?  And tell me why.  (I loved reading the previous comments for ROL.)

Posted Image

I liked the album when I bought it all those years ago, but I love it now, well all except Amazing. I wasn't too fussed on Amazing as I'd twigged that William Orbit was using that bass/percussion sample to death by then (and I swear I heard it on I'm A Sinner years later). Also it doesn't quite fit with the vibe and sound of the album for Me, but it's alright.My favourite is easy: Nobody's Perfect! I loved it on first listen and still love it. It's got this dark, ambient and chilled feel to it. I got Music for Christmas 2000 and i remember clearly setting Nobody's Perfect on repeat and listening to it while I beat raced my brother on Mario Kart 64 on Christmas morning and while eating loads of chocolate LOL. Memories..... 😊I liked the lush string ending on DWT and when the extended instrumental with strings leaked I thought it was awesome! I wish they'd left the strings in as it made the song even more ethereal and chilled sounding. I'm seriously hoping for the album/extended version with strings and/or a HQ of the string only track, a preview of which has been shared here, to leak.

Music it's a really interesting album, somehow a sequel to Ray Of Light, but very different. This is one of those rare cases where I like the whole album, it's very rare for me to skip a song when I listen to the full thing; so, it's also hard for me to pick just a favorite.

Impressive Instant, WIFLFAG, Gone, Paradise and Nobody's Perfect are incredible songs, but I'll go with Amazing! (sorry not sorry)

Posted Image

I liked the album when I bought it all those years ago, but I love it now, well all except Amazing. I wasn't too fussed on Amazing as I'd twigged that William Orbit was using that bass/percussion sample to death by then (and I swear I heard it on I'm A Sinner years later). Also it doesn't quite fit with the vibe and sound of the album for Me, but it's alright.My favourite is easy: Nobody's Perfect! I loved it on first listen and still love it. It's got this dark, ambient and chilled feel to it. I got Music for Christmas 2000 and i remember clearly setting Nobody's Perfect on repeat and listening to it while I beat raced my brother on Mario Kart 64 on Christmas morning and while eating loads of chocolate LOL. Memories..... I liked the lush string ending on DWT and when the extended instrumental with strings leaked I thought it was awesome! I wish they'd left the strings in as it made the song even more ethereal and chilled sounding. I'm seriously hoping for the album/extended version with strings and/or a HQ of the string only track, a preview of which has been shared here, to leak.

Extended with strings? I haven't even heard that. Love that song. I agree on Amazing. I like it but it's just predictable I guess? 

There are a lot of great songs in Music, which made it hard for me to decide on what to vote. I ended voting for Impressive Instant because it sounds so trippy, and the "I like to singy, singy, singgggyyyy" part is like, damn, and its mashup with Burning Up for the SST is life (unfortunately madge didn't use it). Honorable mentions goes to Paradise, Nobody's Perfect, Gone, and Music :D

Extended with strings? I haven't even heard that. Love that song. I agree on Amazing. I like it but it's just predictable I guess?

I might not have been clear LOL. The extended version instrumental with strings is on here, and someone posted a LQ preview of the string only track too. I'm hoping/assuming that there is a version with strings that also has vocals, so not just an instrumental with strings. I put extended/album as maybe there is an extended version with vocals. Clearer? Lol, i know what i mean but it's hard to explain

Interesting album for sure - i also like American Pie and Cyber-raga ? Why werent these included on the voting ? I think Music has some interesting outtake songs too ? Arioso, La Petite jeune Fille(Which i think is one of my favourite songs from that era),Little Girl, Like An Angel, Be Careful & Liquid Love. I chose I Deserve It - very nice melody and simplistic song and i love when she sings in on the DWT too - one of my favourite songs from that show and i think its a very romantic song too.

I might not have been clear LOL. The extended version instrumental with strings is on here, and someone posted a LQ preview of the string only track too. I'm hoping/assuming that there is a version with strings that also has vocals, so not just an instrumental with strings. I put extended/album as maybe there is an extended version with vocals. Clearer? Lol, i know what i mean but it's hard to explain

I know i dont think I ever listened to that instrumental lol. 

Impressive Instant for me also it's should've been single. I Deserve It comes right next to it one of the best recent ballads if not the best of the 2000's. Paradise I finally got it when the Confessions version dropped, beautiful. 

Amazing > Beautiful Stranger until that recent full version, that's the stuff.

i am fan since this album so is a special album for me and better than rol :0 :3 i looove the drowned world tour it's perfect !!! we have the second and last song full in spanish lo que siente la mujer and a nice cover: american pie <3 my vote is for Nobody's Perfect but i love music gone paradise amazing...the whole album so many good memories..i was just a little child.. 9 years :3

And -finally!- we are at my favorite M album.  Besides "Amazing", there is not one single track on this album that does not move.  Still, I have a favorite:  "Gone".  It's simply too beautiful!  

What is your favorite?  And tell me why.  (I loved reading the previous comments for ROL.)

Posted Image

Do not dismiss Amazing. Music is a masterpiece, it's 10 solid silver bullets, including Amazing. It's a beautiful song.

I can't choose a favorite because every single song is perfect, but her vocals on the acoustic part of Nobody's Perfect is the stuff dreams are made of.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing > Beautiful Stranger until that recent full version, that's the stuff.

I've never got the indifference and hate for Amazing  :lord: I honestly think it was a smart idea to release it as a single, as it was planned by Warner in 2001. I even remember listening to the track on the radio and being presented as "the new Madonna song". It's true, the similarities to Beautiful Stranger are undeniable but if Madonna actually preferred BS, it would have been included in the following tours in the first place and it hasn't! I love Amazing simply because Madonna's voice sounds crisp and emotional, and everything that's adorned by Orbit 1998-2000 dreamy production is pure GOLD.

Even Rolling Stone praised Amazing lol

Music does all this with Madonna's most radical sonics yet. William Orbit makes "Amazing" live up to its title by conjuring an even sassier spin on the gurgling grooviness of "Beautiful Stranger."                                                               BY BARRY WALTERS  October 12, 2000                                                                                                                             

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/music-20001012#ixzz48qkNEduB