Madonna Tour Poll 1: Your Favorite M Tour Set-List / Opener / Closer

groovyguy

M-Infinity Favorite Madonna Tour Set-List, Opener & Closer  

84 members voted

1. 1. Which Madonna tour has your favorite set-list?

• The Virgin Tour -1985
    • Who's That Girl Tour 1987
    • Blond Ambition Tour 1990
    • The Girlie Show 1993
    • Drowned World Tour 2001
    • The Re-Invention Tour 2004
    • Confessions Tour 2006
    • Sticky & Sweet Tour 2008 / 2009
    • MDNA Tour 2012
    • Rebel Heart Tour 2015/2016
  2. 2. What is Your Favorite Madonna Tour Opener?

• Dress You Up [The Virgin Tour -1985]
    • Open Your Heart [Who's That Girl Tour 1987]
    • Express Yourself [Blond Ambition Tour 1990]
    • The Girlie Show Theme / Erotica [The Girlie Show 1993]
    • Drowned World/Substitute for Love [Drowned World Tour 2001]
    • The Beast Within" / Vogue [The Re-Invention Tour 2004]
    • Future Lovers / I Feel Love [Confessions Tour 2006]
    • The Sweet Machine / Candy Shop [Sticky & Sweet Tour 2008 / 2009]
    • Virgin Mary/ Girl Gone Wild [MDNA Tour 2012]
    • Revolution / Iconic [Rebel Heart Tour 2015/2016]
  3. 3. What is Your Favorite Madonna Tour Closer?

• Material Girl [The Virgin Tour -1985]
    • Holiday [Who's That Girl Tour 1987]
    • Keep It Together [Blond Ambition Tour 1990]
    • Everybody [The Girlie Show 1993]
    • Music [Drowned World Tour 2001]
    • Holiday [The Re-Invention Tour 2004]
    • Hung Up [Confessions Tour 2006]
    • Give It 2 Me [Sticky & Sweet Tour 2008 / 2009]
    • Celebration [MDNA Tour 2012]
    • Holiday [Rebel Heart Tour 2015/2016]

Which Madonna tour has your favorite set-list?  Discuss your choice. Because it has most of your favorite Madonna songs? Because it has the most hits?  Because it flows the best?  ...

Also added the new poll for favorite tour opener & closer. With the addition of Rebel Heart tour, has your choices changed from the previous polls?

Best tour: Re-invention tour. I never saw it live (really gutted!! - my pc crashed as i was purchasing the tickets), but it's my favourite tour. I like the setlist the best. There are no fillers.

I had DWT on DVD when it was released and really enjoyed it but there was only 2 old songs (LAB & holiday). I totally get that she wanted to showcase ROL and Music but I think she was very anti-her back catlogue. After DWT, RIT was what I wanted and needed, which was for her to remember and embrace the back catalogue. Since RIT she's been so much more generous with the "oldies but goodies". I wonder if the RIT would have been so hit-filled if American Life had been better received at the time? If AL was the success it deserved to be, we might have had an American Life or American Dream tour, with quite a different feel to it?

I really liked the energy of RIT too. It seemed a fun and upbeat tour (not as upbeat as CT maybe), especially after the dark, edgy and angry DWT. Also, i thought she looked fantastic on this tour. She looked waaaaaay skinny and gaunt looking on DWT. She had filled out a bit more by the RIT and looked really sexy, curvy and healthy to me. Of course, the costumes were pretty great too. I particularly dig the circus look and the kilt and t-shirt. Simple, understated, sexy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh and it has the best backdrop byyyyyyyy far - Bedtime Story (remix): flawless!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Best opener: Future Lovers/I feel love. I saw CT live and the video intro gave me chills. It was amazing. I loved the equestrian theme, and the backdrop is/was a work of art. I love Future Lovers album version, but the tour version is great with the extended intro, telling me she was going to tell me about love and not to worry about administration, bills and loans. And when she appeared from the disco ball, the crowd went wild!

Best closer: Music from DWT. I Really loved the backdrop covering her looks from over all the years as it was the first time she did this and it was a real trip through the ages. I think the performance is great too. The latin percussion/bongos that start after the 2nd chorus work great and really lifted the energy of the song for me, which is quite fast paced anyway. (I wanted a gif for this but couldn't find anything decent )

I picked everything Re-Invention. That Holiday performance is SO cool, so fresh, energetic, lovely, everything. The show ends on a high.

Even though I love Confessions Tour, MDNA Tour, BAT, etc... that combination of TBW/Vogue as an opener, the way it was done, with that stage, those costumes, screens,.... mindblowing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Best setlist: The Re-Invention Tour; because it is the closest to a greatest hits tour.

Best opener: 'Dress You Up' on Virgin Tour; because it is simply my favorite song among all openers, and I love everything about this song.

Best closer: 'Music' on Drowned World Tour; because it is the most energetic one.

• 1 year later...