Known Professionally Video Recorded Madonna Shows

Future Lover

Basically, all shows are recorded, in the fact that they are shown on the screens. Most of the news reports are either local broadcasts/ stations that they allowed to use footage or record the first 4 songs only. I would image every performance Madonna has done exists in the record companies vaults.

The fact that they are being shown on the screens doesn't mean that they are being recorded.

And there's some rumors about the Sticky & Sweet live in Chile, full show, but I don't know if it's true, and still about S&S you missed live in Athens and Lisbon

If this is true it must be footage from the second night where Madonna wore a black jacket during You Must Love Me, even though the press footage belonged to the first night only!

Yes the company Nocturn records all Madonna shows, and have done since WTG. It has been confirmed by a guy who works for the company (through Jamesy at Madonna-tv) I think others have confirmed this too. The footage from the screens and a soundboard exists for all shows in a vault.

I think during WTG local stations brought their cameras, which is why we have that Texas footage. During BAT it was mostly screens footage that was given to local stations.

I don't think the full Houston show was ever broadcast on MTV. Does anyone have proof of this? I know Holiday and KIT were recorded by MTV on May 4th and shown during their live broadcast at the show on May 5th, plus the opening of the May 5th show was shown, but that is it. Apart from any sequences captured while Downtown Julie Brown and Kurt Loder were hosting nothing more pro-shot was shown.

Almost all opening night Euro/UK shows were shown on tv through news reports (generally first few songs). I have never seen Turin, but all other opening nights in each city had footage shown

The WTG Miami show had 4 songs recorded by MTV, not just the opening. Open Your Heart, Lucky Star, Causing a Commotion and The Look of Love.

For BAT, it goes likes this

Apr 

13th Chiba Japan (screens footage for various news shows around the world generally EY, OYH and CAC)

15th Chiba (Opening number for ToD, colour footage was also shown on Madonna during WTP and the speech section after CAC during the HBO Pre-Show)

26th Yokohama (Full show shot by Japanese tv, not from screens and two edited versions exist, one for broadcast and one for VHS/Laserdisc)

May

4th Houston USA (Holiday and KIT shot by MTV in full with speech after Holiday broadcast May 5th, plus screens footage shown on various news stations in Houston with EY and I think OYH)

5th Houston USA (Opening of show broadcast during MTV's Blond Date live from the arena, some songs seen in background during broadcast. Screens footage leaked with poor sound, possibly recorded by an employee in the arena)

7th Dallas USA (Opening numbers shown on various US and international shows, just clips)

11th Los Angeles USA (First few songs shown in clips on local news)

23rd Rosemont USA (Only EY as far as I know was shown)

27th Toronto Canada (Clips show on various Canadian shows of opening numbers)

28th Toronto Canada (Have heard this was the night Hanky Panky was recorded, could be wrong and was probably just taken from the screens footage)

29th Toronto Canada (Possibly footage shown on news when talking about possible arrest, not sure)

31st Auburn Hills USA (Clips shown on news of opening songs + I think this was the b'day night for Madonna's dad so B&W footage shown in ToD)

Jun

5th Worcester USA (Have seen Pro-Shot of WTP and SoL in full)

11th Uniondale (clips from opening numbers on local news)

16th Philadelphia USA (Clips from opening numbers on local news)

24th East Rutherford USA (This whole show is floating around as it was sent to HBO as a screener copy and elements were used during the HBO Pre-Show. OYH and ITG in full have been leaked)

25th East Rutherford USA (AIDS speech and possibly parts of Holiday were shown on various news shows around the world)

30th Goteburg Sweden (Clips of EY, OYH, WTP seems to be screens footage LaP, SoL, HP, NIFY, MG. seems to be from a local Swedish show that kept taping from a distance, and I wonder if the whole show is out there)

Jul

3rd Bercy France (Pro shot of first 4 songs for news, fuller versions of EY and WTP have leaked)

3rd, 4th & 6th Bercy France (All shot on 35mm film for ToD, parts shown in doco)

10th Rome Italy (Clips of opening numbers shown on various shows. Entertainment Tonight played extended clips of EY during various stories on Madonna, including quite a long clip during their end of year look back at 1990, as well as LaP and LaV)

15th Munich Germany (Clips of opening numbers, some in longer format)

17th Dortmund Germany (Clips of opening numbers for local news and MTV)

20th Wembley England (Clips of opening numbers + LaP and LaV shown all over the world)

24th Rotterdam Netherlands (Opening clips shown on local news)

27th Madrid Spain (opening numbers, I believe WTP in full has leaked + a long clip of LaP shown as well)

29th Vigo Spain (Opening numbers shown on news)

31st Barcelona Spain (full show broadcast around the world)

Aug

5th (Full show broadcast around the world)

• 4 weeks later...

@@OhMadonna where are all the pro-shot that you mentioned here? I know and I saw the 80% of your list but some like "Rebel Heart Tour London (Drowned World/Substitute For Love For World AIDS Day)" I never seen them...I am curious! :)

The speech she did at London's show in tribute to World AIDS Day is watchable on her YT channel!

But Drowned World/Substitute For Love has never been broadcasted anywhere!! (did they at least record it?   :suffer:

Anyway @@OhMadonna made a little mistake, the only pro-recordings we have for this show are the speech and the usual snippets (Iconic, BIM and Burning Up)

I believe every show she's done and that has been broadcast on the arena/stadum screens has been recorded. The thing is Madonna doesn't have to know where all this footage is stored  :redface:

100%

They've all been "recorded" since the 1st WTG show - except if there was a technical issue we would not know have heard about or a show where the pro-shot cameras were not used (no screens) (RHT Macau for example had no screens and no cameras filming the show professionally - so no official video recording of those shows exists).

Whether or not anyone has kept all the recordings properly is another matter!

I suspect most if not all of them have actually been archived by Madonna.

Check out this statement from Michael Jackson's Estate a few years ago regarding how the pro-shot concert footage for every show on his 1988 Bad Tour was handled. The same company mentioned in the statement who filmed all his shows (Nocturne) filmed every Madonna concert from 1987 right through to I think Sticky & Sweet. It's fair to assume the same process was always in place (recordings of the screen footage for each show handed over to Madonna by Nocturne).

http://mjstar.co.uk/index.php/2012/06/statement-from-the-estate-wembley-concert-reassurance/

MDNA and RHT pro-shot footage for all shows was HD Video - so I assume all those were immediately stored to Hard Disk. We know from the MDNA DVD production process, that they accessed a ton of the screen footage from all the shows during editing and used lots of it (along with the specially filmed stuff from Miami and Paris).

100%

They've all been "recorded" since the 1st WTG show - except if there was a technical issue we would not know have heard about or a show where the pro-shot cameras were not used (no screens) (RHT Macau for example had no screens and no cameras filming the show professionally - so no official video recording of those shows exists).

Check out this statement from Michael Jackson's Estate a few years ago regarding how the pro-shot concert footage for every show on his 1988 Bad Tour was handled. The same company mentioned in the statement who filmed all his shows (Nocturne) filmed every Madonna concert from 1987 right through to I think Sticky & Sweet. It's fair to assume the same process was always in place (recordings of the screen footage for each show handed over to Madonna by Nocturne).

http://mjstar.co.uk/index.php/2012/06/statement-from-the-estate-wembley-concert-reassurance/

MDNA and RHT pro-shot footage for all shows was HD Video - so I assume all those were immediately stored to Hard Disk. We know from the MDNA DVD production process, that they accessed a ton of the screen footage from all the shows during editing and used lots of it (along with the specially filmed stuff from Miami and Paris).

So that could mean that WTG, BA and GS Tours from Wembley exist in Pro--Shot form ??? Oh my god ???? :)))))

I would like someone to leak all of them, it is maybe bad to say but imagine...pro shot of the surprise songs all over the world from the RH Tour. Holiday, Frozen & Dress You Up 2009 available. Confessions exclusives etc. really, I would die if something like this will happen! Better than leak albums earlier I would rather prefer unreleased concerts. Imagine have the full show filmed of the RIT in Paris or the 14th Lisbon show...what a dream...

I would like someone to leak all of them, it is maybe bad to say but imagine...pro shot of the surprise songs all over the world from the RH Tour. Holiday, Frozen & Dress You Up 2009 available. Confessions exclusives etc. really, I would die if something like this will happen! Better than leak albums earlier I would rather prefer unreleased concerts. Imagine have the full show filmed of the RIT in Paris or the 14th Lisbon show...what a dream...

Is indeed a fan's dream to top all dreams I agree.

I'm surprised more of this kind of stuff has never leaked out. Aside from the S&S Athens and Lisbon footage, along with those BA shows (Houston, New Jersey and Boston?), we've never had any of the concert "screen footage" leak properly from within Madonna's camp or the various record companies.

We got the Miami WTG 4 songs leaked because these were given to MTV - but I think other TV channels must have had access to more of this type of footage over the years. Maybe that will "leak" some day.

• madgefan pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

All I want is for the Paris recording of both the Blond Ambition World Tour and Re-Invention World Tour to be released on 4K Blu-Ray and DVD. 
happy hour dancing GIF

On 6/5/2016 at 11:27 PM, Jamesy said:

100%

Plus there will always be the possibility of Nocturne staff, Madonna's staff or whoever else making copies for their own personal use which is probably how this stuff ends up with collectors or leaking.