Known Professionally Video Recorded Madonna Shows

Future Lover

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Just to clarify because I’m unsure about this one. Was the Barcelona show on the Drowned World Tour filmed in its entirety?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
16 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I would assume so as there were a lot of clips in the DWT pre show 

Thank you. I hope it was all filmed. I really loved her hair that night! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/9/2016 at 10:27 AM, G House said:

The fact that they are being shown on the screens doesn't mean that they are being recorded.

I bet you they are....  as there is always b roll footage professionally recorded for the first 4 songs of any tour she has done, these are then released to media channels for publicity... I would imagine you maybe right for the older tours but in the modern age of digital I would bet there are complete recordings of nearly all her shows from recent tours...

13 hours ago, diesel6888 said:

I bet you they are....  as there is always b roll footage professionally recorded for the first 4 songs of any tour she has done, these are then released to media channels for publicity... I would imagine you maybe right for the older tours but in the modern age of digital I would bet there are complete recordings of nearly all her shows from recent tours...

You can only be sure of the first songs that are recorded for the press. Recording the whole show is just pointless but who knows.

• 1 month later...

I agree it's highly likely all the screen footage from every show has been recorded and kept locked up archived somewhere since Who's That Girl. For MDNA and Rebel Heart they clearly used alot of the screen footage in the edit from a ton of different shows - no wonder it took so long until we got the DVDs if they were working with screen footage from every show

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have DL links for the tours on their best available quality? 

I’m technically a new Madge stan and I am trying to watch all her tours so I am downloading them and looking for srt subs (as i’m partially deaf haha) 

I already found/watched Blond Ambition, Sticky & Sweet, Girlie Show & Virgin Tour... Still missing the rest:ag:

Edited by rodrigouuu (see edit history)

On 8/23/2020 at 3:36 PM, lap said:

My dream:

Virgin Tour full show

WTG Tour ( hald of the show with wet hair, don' know the date, I guess it's from Miami)

MDNA Paris (the second half of the show)

Rebel Heart Tour untouched

Wait so the recording that exists is not the full show? or are you just talking about the songs that were not on the vhs according to wikipedia (borderline, angel and burning up)? 

Edited by rodrigouuu (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, rodrigouuu said:

Wait so the recording that exists is not the full show? or are you just talking about the songs that were not on the vhs according to wikipedia (borderline, angel and burning up)? 

Angel, Borderline and Burning Up were filmed, but didn't make the final cut 

On 11/20/2020 at 6:32 AM, rodrigouuu said:

Does anyone have DL links for the tours on their best available quality? 

I’m technically a new Madge stan and I am trying to watch all her tours so I am downloading them and looking for srt subs (as i’m partially deaf haha) 

I already found/watched Blond Ambition, Sticky & Sweet, Girlie Show & Virgin Tour... Still missing the rest:ag:

WTG live in Torino is highly advised then! I suggest the RAI broadcast.

You can search our Video section.

And of course Confessions Tour in London.

As for the VT, you can see the 3 missing songs in the Dallas bootleg:

On 5/9/2016 at 10:16 PM, me1981 said:

Yes the company Nocturn records all Madonna shows, and have done since WTG. It has been confirmed by a guy who works for the company (through Jamesy at Madonna-tv) I think others have confirmed this too. The footage from the screens and a soundboard exists for all shows in a vault.

I think during WTG local stations brought their cameras, which is why we have that Texas footage. During BAT it was mostly screens footage that was given to local stations.

I don't think the full Houston show was ever broadcast on MTV. Does anyone have proof of this? I know Holiday and KIT were recorded by MTV on May 4th and shown during their live broadcast at the show on May 5th, plus the opening of the May 5th show was shown, but that is it. Apart from any sequences captured while Downtown Julie Brown and Kurt Loder were hosting nothing more pro-shot was shown.

Almost all opening night Euro/UK shows were shown on tv through news reports (generally first few songs). I have never seen Turin, but all other opening nights in each city had footage shown

The WTG Miami show had 4 songs recorded by MTV, not just the opening. Open Your Heart, Lucky Star, Causing a Commotion and The Look of Love.

For BAT, it goes likes this

Apr 

13th Chiba Japan (screens footage for various news shows around the world generally EY, OYH and CAC)

15th Chiba (Opening number for ToD, colour footage was also shown on Madonna during WTP and the speech section after CAC during the HBO Pre-Show)

26th Yokohama (Full show shot by Japanese tv, not from screens and two edited versions exist, one for broadcast and one for VHS/Laserdisc)

May

4th Houston USA (Holiday and KIT shot by MTV in full with speech after Holiday broadcast May 5th, plus screens footage shown on various news stations in Houston with EY and I think OYH)

5th Houston USA (Opening of show broadcast during MTV's Blond Date live from the arena, some songs seen in background during broadcast. Screens footage leaked with poor sound, possibly recorded by an employee in the arena)

7th Dallas USA (Opening numbers shown on various US and international shows, just clips)

11th Los Angeles USA (First few songs shown in clips on local news)

23rd Rosemont USA (Only EY as far as I know was shown)

27th Toronto Canada (Clips show on various Canadian shows of opening numbers)

28th Toronto Canada (Have heard this was the night Hanky Panky was recorded, could be wrong and was probably just taken from the screens footage)

29th Toronto Canada (Possibly footage shown on news when talking about possible arrest, not sure)

31st Auburn Hills USA (Clips shown on news of opening songs + I think this was the b'day night for Madonna's dad so B&W footage shown in ToD)

Jun

5th Worcester USA (Have seen Pro-Shot of WTP and SoL in full)

11th Uniondale (clips from opening numbers on local news)

16th Philadelphia USA (Clips from opening numbers on local news)

24th East Rutherford USA (This whole show is floating around as it was sent to HBO as a screener copy and elements were used during the HBO Pre-Show. OYH and ITG in full have been leaked)

25th East Rutherford USA (AIDS speech and possibly parts of Holiday were shown on various news shows around the world)

30th Goteburg Sweden (Clips of EY, OYH, WTP seems to be screens footage LaP, SoL, HP, NIFY, MG. seems to be from a local Swedish show that kept taping from a distance, and I wonder if the whole show is out there)

Jul

3rd Bercy France (Pro shot of first 4 songs for news, fuller versions of EY and WTP have leaked)

3rd, 4th & 6th Bercy France (All shot on 35mm film for ToD, parts shown in doco)

10th Rome Italy (Clips of opening numbers shown on various shows. Entertainment Tonight played extended clips of EY during various stories on Madonna, including quite a long clip during their end of year look back at 1990, as well as LaP and LaV)

15th Munich Germany (Clips of opening numbers, some in longer format)

17th Dortmund Germany (Clips of opening numbers for local news and MTV)

20th Wembley England (Clips of opening numbers + LaP and LaV shown all over the world)

24th Rotterdam Netherlands (Opening clips shown on local news)

27th Madrid Spain (opening numbers, I believe WTP in full has leaked + a long clip of LaP shown as well)

29th Vigo Spain (Opening numbers shown on news)

31st Barcelona Spain (full show broadcast around the world)

Aug

5th (Full show broadcast around the world)

The birthday night for Madonna's Dad was June 1st (the second night in Auburn Hills, MI.) 

I only know because that's the show I attended. Hope that helps the list. ?

Edited by jtrover
spelling (see edit history)

On 11/20/2020 at 10:18 PM, Enrico said:

WTG live in Torino is highly advised then! I suggest the RAI broadcast.

You can search our Video section.

And of course Confessions Tour in London.

As for the VT, you can see the 3 missing songs in the Dallas bootleg:

This was so helpful, Thank youuu?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Drowned World Tour Barcelona night that was recorded for HBO was the second night. This conclusion came from a few facts together, those are that initially apparently the HBO special was going to be in BCN (yes, also sounded rare to me that the special and later dvd would come from a second night) but it's 100% sure that the 2nd Barcelona night was the one recorded because they scrapped the recording since she hated the fake eyebrows she wears on the geisha act AND ALSO AND MOST IMPORTANT because she had screen problems, during the Japan section again in Nobody's Perfect suddenly the Sky Fits Heaven backdrop started showing, then in Mer Girl (Part 1) the screens went crazy again and they showed some images from the scary geisha that appears in the backdrop in the part 2 after SKH, and in Sky the backdrop stopped playing in some parts. Those backdrops facts are from 2nd night 100% sure because there is a full video of that night in BCN on youtube and you can see those things i posted and also there are maaaaaaaany reviews of that night saying that. So they filmed that show for sure (as you can see in the HBO preshow docu, showing images from all acts) and the reason they scrapped were those problems, in conclusion the 2nd night is the one recorded (surely the filmed first too but that's unsure)

Edited by roberMDNA (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, roberMDNA said:

The Drowned World Tour Barcelona night that was recorded for HBO was the second night. This conclusion came from a few facts together, those are that initially apparently the HBO special was going to be in BCN (yes, also sounded rare to me that the special and later dvd would come from a second night) but it's 100% sure that the 2nd Barcelona night was the one recorded because they scrapped the recording since she hated the fake eyebrows she wears on the geisha act AND ALSO AND MOST IMPORTANT because she had screen problems, during the Japan section again in Nobody's Perfect suddenly the Sky Fits Heaven backdrop started showing, then in Mer Girl (Part 1) the screens went crazy again and they showed some images from the scary geisha that appears in the backdrop in the part 2 after SKH, and in Sky the backdrop stopped playing in some parts. Those backdrops facts are from 2nd night 100% sure because there is a full video of that night in BCN on youtube and you can see those things i posted and also there are maaaaaaaany reviews of that night saying that. So they filmed that show for sure (as you can see in the HBO preshow docu, showing images from all acts) and the reason they scrapped were those problems, in conclusion the 2nd night is the one recorded (surely the filmed first too but that's unsure)

It was the second night but I doubt it was intended to be the actual broadcast. It was likely just a test run for the actual broadcast in Detroit.